Fifita article

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It is not pointless if it means that someone will be inclined to seek help and find a way to cope with their demons.
What help is being offered, a person who listens to them and drugs to mask the issue until they stop working up the dose or change to a new antidepressant.

Happiness comes from within not external factors or drugs, soon we will be calling every human weakness and flaw as an "illness" that will be cured by drugs.

Last edited:
TC..I always respect your footie posts.
Sometimes reactive depression can also cause a chemical imbalance just like endogenous depression. At that time anti depressants can be a really useful tool in getting people back on their feet and then hopefully slowly weaning of medication and getting back on with life.

Also please think of it this way...would you call a diabetic weak because they need insulin.

Good on you Andrew - shows a lot to speak up about the black dog.

One thing is certain though. There are Silvertails members that are or have been going through depression, and I don't mean about the current state of our footy team.

To you guys - I wish you well and sincerely hope you recover/manage it. You certainly have my support!!!

The Black Dog is nothing to be ashamed of.

TC..I always respect your footie posts.
Sometimes reactive depression can also cause a chemical imbalance just like endogenous depression. At that time anti depressants can be a really useful tool in getting people back on their feet and then hopefully slowly weaning of medication and getting back on with life.

Also please think of it this way...would you call a diabetic weak because they need insulin.
You get the same kind of chemical imbalance with all emotions and feelings, (without a chemical imbalance occurring you will never experience the range of feelings humans have from love to hate to emotional highs and lows) an illness does not cause this chemical imbalance it is how we individually process a traumatic event be it external or internal.

Depression is just a prolonged "depressed state", it is your mind telling you something is not right and to deal with it or at least focus on what is not making you happy.

I'm not saying people don't get depressed or feel down for long periods after a very bad traumatic time in their lives----but it is not an illness never has been.

TC you clearly have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Depression and a myriad of other mental illnesses are real and unless you have walked within the shoes of someone who is clinically depressed or suffers from Bipolar then you should refrain from commenting as to whether or not it is an illness or not.

Granted it does seem that depression is too readily diagnosed (along with the obligatory anti-depressants) however there are many people who suffer quite badly with these illnesses. Illnesses that are becoming more and more prevalent within the sporting arena.

You get the same kind of chemical imbalance with all emotions and feelings, (without a chemical imbalance occurring you will never experience the range of feelings humans have from love to hate to emotional highs and lows) an illness does not cause this chemical imbalance it is how we individually process a traumatic event be it external or internal.

Depression is just a prolonged "depressed state", it is your mind telling you something is not right and to deal with it or at least focus on what is not making you happy.

I'm not saying people don't get depressed or feel down for long periods after a very bad traumatic time in their lives----but it is not an illness never has been.
Say that to the young footballers who decided to end their lives in the past couple of years.

TC you clearly have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Depression and a myriad of other mental illnesses are real and unless you have walked within the shoes of someone who is clinically depressed or suffers from Bipolar then you should refrain from commenting as to whether or not it is an illness or not.

Granted it does seem that depression is too readily diagnosed (along with the obligatory anti-depressants) however there are many people who suffer quite badly with these illnesses. Illnesses that are becoming more and more prevalent within the sporting arena.
I don't have to refrain at all from having an opinion that offers a reason why I feel this way.

Many Dr's share the same view and have posted their thoughts online and many others will not make their views known for fear of being labelled in a negative way.

I've walked in the shoes with people and it has convinced me more that the illness does not exist.

When one illness has 1000 options in ways to be treated you know it is just drug companies marketing the illness to the point people believe it is an illness.

I dont think any of us are truly qualified to discuss why a person feels that they have no alternative but to take their own life. If one life can be spared by making people aware that this can affect any one of us or any one we know know or someone close it has to be a good thing.

Its easy to say harden up and tough it out. Its true some of us are stronger than others.

Too many people fall through the cracks over this. What happened with that German pilot crashing that plane is a reminder of how serious depression can be and the consequences of it. So tragic!

So it is ok to have the opinion the illness exists but not the contrary is basically what you are saying.
No. You can think what you want and I'm not in a position to validate or question what you think. But, I do know you can read and get a feel for the thread. So rather than push a sensitive issue, it may be better to back off a little.

Depression isn't a straight forward thing and while you can feel like your raising a valid point, a lot of people have been touched by it and it almost always is in a negative way, so that point of yours gets lost due to emotions it can stir.

I dont think any of us are truly qualified to discuss why a person feels that they have no alternative but to take their own life. If one life can be spared by making people aware that this can affect any one of us or any one we know know or someone close it has to be a good thing.

Its easy to say harden up and tough it out. Its true some of us are stronger than others.

Too many people fall through the cracks over this. What happened with that German pilot crashing that plane is a reminder of how serious depression can be and the consequences of it. So tragic!
This "if one life can be spared by making people aware" is such an over-used line that does not look at things from another perspective, in many instances this openness and acceptance of depression I feel will actually increase the suicide levels as it becomes more accepted.

People always want a clinical reason for their depressed state(depression) as it removes the responsibility from them onto drugs---it is not me it is the illness---a reverse pride sort of look on it.

This over promotion and glamourizing ones self with self promotion and pity in newspapers can lead to people using depression as a way to differentiate themselves---as sick as this sounds it happens.

Their in no glamour in depression. I think lot of people are unaware they have issues with it. For a celebrity to bring it to the attention of others helps educate and stop negativity and give people hope. Its no different to bringing to the attention sufferers of breast or prostate cancer and the importance of looking out for issues.

This "if one life can be spared by making people aware" is such an over-used line that does not look at things from another perspective, in many instances this openness and acceptance of depression I feel will actually increase the suicide levels as it becomes more accepted.

People always want a clinical reason for their depressed state(depression) as it removes the responsibility from them onto drugs---it is not me it is the illness---a reverse pride sort of look on it.

This over promotion and glamourizing ones self with self promotion and pity in newspapers can lead to people using depression as a way to differentiate themselves---as sick as this sounds it happens.
A touch of compassion wouldn't go astray. To say that depression as a result of a chemical imbalance or as a result of a trauma based situation doesn't exist is wrong.You come across like a robot devoid of empathy.

A touch of compassion wouldn't go astray. To say that depression as a result of a chemical imbalance or as a result of a trauma based situation doesn't exist is wrong.You come across like a robot devoid of empathy.
The chemical imbalance exists the so called illness that creates the chemical imbalance does not.
Being heavily depressed exists as we are all capable of feeling depressed---- depression in my eyes does not.(they just label a prolonged depressed state as depression as it is easier to categorize and package)

Every person gets depressed from time to time. You are not normal if you don't get depressed.

Their in no glamour in depression. I think lot of people are unaware they have issues with it. For a celebrity to bring it to the attention of others helps educate and stop negativity and give people hope. Its no different to bringing to the attention sufferers of breast or prostate cancer and the importance of looking out for issues.
Huge difference!
To group depression with such serious diseases that have "no obvious symptoms" that require constant physical contact self monitoring is totally different----educating people in this area to be self aware offers major benefits and proven to be life saving.

All this education with "Depression" and promotion is not lowering the incidents of suicide but making it worse.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2