Finally...explosive in the ruck

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
The modern game just gets quicker each year & to have explosive dummy halves to exploit this, is a bonus to take advantage of some big boppers who will bend the line & create 2nd phase.
Young Parcell is as good as the top shelf players who came from Qld cup to shape Melbourne for many years & Imo, will explode from day 1 behind a super pack.
Api is also the new age dummy half who can zip out against tired or laterally challenged markers, to gain massive momentum.
It all starts in that ruck & though Tommy T & Taufua will reap top tryscorers, the damage will be in that middle third, something lacking in recent times.
As a massive Ballin fan, the way the game is played today & more so tomorrow, I think Barrett & co got it 100% right with the recruitment, especially the 9's.

Parcell will be buy of the year IMO and our hooker for a long time to come. I see manly scoring a lot more long range tries with him DCE, walker to rip things up inside our own half. Parcell also has a great short ball I see him sending over Trbojevic, Taupau and myles regularly out of dummy half with short balls. He'll also have the opportunity to grab that QLD jersey and Aus jersey in years to come with smith to retire.

I am the last person to watch a highlight package on Youtube & take it seriously, but the Parcell 1 is accurate as have seen many of Ipswich games live & on Q Cup gameday to justify this...I recommend Any supporters with 5 spare minutes to have a look.
The Q Cup standard is at least on par with NSW Cup where 50% of players have NRL experience.
The top 10 - 20% of Q Cup players are good enough for NRL, with the top 5% good enough to star at NRL level, as proven in the past.
Parcell is in the 5% bracket & will be an X factor player for Manly for years to come.

Let's hope he delivers as there are some pretty heavy expectations floating around this guy.

From what I've seen he looks an exciting prospect if he can make the step up in class. It will be great to have some creativity out of dummy half if he does make the grade.

Not trying to put a dampener on Parcell, but I'll wait to see whether his defence is up to NRL standard before making bold claims on his future. I too watched a lot of the Jets this year but what he faced against other Super Cup clubs compared to even the worst NRL clubs, is chalk and cheese. There will be less room to move and he'll have a lot more big boppers heading his way.

What I will suggest is that he has all the hallmarks to succeed. He is a hard worker, confident and appears willing to learn. The Walker brothers couldn't speak highly enough of his work ethos and talent, so I trust we'll see that peek through in 16, but perhaps it's after a solid year of NRL before we really see what he can do.

Can't wait.

NZ in 2016 have a sensational spine ...Bris/Nth Qld were in the decider for good reason, but between Snake/DCE/Parcell & possibly Walker, it competes with any team in the competition.
The 4 dummy halves have something in common with all these sides, they all ask questions in attack that not only create opportunities up the middle 3rd, but make holes on the edges & give space & time to the classy outside backs.
It will be no surprise to see Snake back to his best & DCE live up to his undoubted talent.

I hope as much as anyone that Parcell lives up to all the hype, I've watched him play a few Ipswich games and all the highlights but I also remember him coming off the bench in a few games for the Broncos and he didn't do anything spectacular, he's Definately one of the best young hookers coming through but I don't expect him to be tearing apart the nrl from round 1. He's still a work in progress IMO.

I hope as much as anyone that Parcell lives up to all the hype, I've watched him play a few Ipswich games and all the highlights but I also remember him coming off the bench in a few games for the Broncos and he didn't do anything spectacular, he's Definately one of the best young hookers coming through but I don't expect him to be tearing apart the nrl from round 1. He's still a work in progress IMO.
If he maintains his current win rate from his 6 NRL games, I'll be satisfied.

Bennett didn't give him a licence to go play his natural game. Bennett likes a hooker who makes 40+ tackles. Nikorima's only in the side so Bennett doesn't lose another young gun. Nikorima IMO is a waste of a bench spot.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8