Fitness

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Funny because I thought we looked gassed out after the first 10 minutes especially after they scored their first, because the game was moving at such an exhausting pace. But we seemed to kick a second wind in moments of the game that made us come on top.

Funny because I thought we looked gassed out after the first 10 minutes especially after they scored their first, because the game was moving at such an exhausting pace. But we seemed to kick a second wind in moments of the game that made us come on top.
I think that’s right. We put a huge amount into the first 5-10 mins and we were all over them - big hits, big metres etc. I think the occasional was inspiring them. But then when we let one in, the wind came out of our sales. But we got it back and then some, which is the most pleasing aspect of the game IMO.

Like I said in another thread even Gordon Tallis was shocked at how big, strong and fit the team looked when they were warming up. Good signs and maybe we can match it this year with some of those top teams now.

Kudos needs to go with Jon Clarke, the new head of performance from the UK.
He has been driving the new fitness regime, not Spoony.

Everyone else is the same as 2023 and we were not fit enough.

Credit to Spoony for hiring him from uk rugby.
He may have come from rugby but his background is entirely league. He was an 80 minute hooker/occasional lock who retired from playing in super league at 35 and went immediately into a coaching/ s & c role

He may have come from rugby but his background is entirely league. He was an 80 minute hooker/occasional lock who retired from playing in super league at 35 and went immediately into a coaching/ s & c role

Yea aware of that. Interesting that Eddie can be so smart to hire him to be part of the UK rugby coaching squad, yet oversee the disaster that was the AU world cup.

Listening to Matty John’s podcast, it was mentioned that the players said they didn’t train that hard in the offseason it was more scientific based approached.

They were not flogged at all.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8