Annesley's weakly "Why this happened" report - 2024 edition.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
What I find fascinating is a few weeks ago he said " The bunker can't rule on offsides when there's a FG attempt because we don't have markings across the field and with camera angles it's inconclusive" That was when the faders FB charged down a FG attempt by the tits, yet when there's a try from a kick they go looking for the offside, so how can they make a decision for one situation and not the other.
I also thought when Ola scored the last try which was disallowed cos they ruled Tom offside, Saaby kept running through to put tom onside, he even mentioned that in his post match interview with nine but they were giggling about something trivial and ignored him.

What I find fascinating is a few weeks ago he said " The bunker can't rule on offsides when there's a FG attempt because we don't have markings across the field and with camera angles it's inconclusive" That was when the faders FB charged down a FG attempt by the tits, yet when there's a try from a kick they go looking for the offside, so how can they make a decision for one situation and not the other.
I also thought when Ola scored the last try which was disallowed cos they ruled Tom offside, Saaby kept running through to put tom onside, he even mentioned that in his post match interview with nine but they were giggling about something trivial and ignored him.
They just make it up from one blunder to the next, you couldn’t be more incompetent if you tried

Thought the exact same thing re Saab but assume I had that part of the rule wrong. Saab def kept running and got ahead of Tom which I thought put him onside.

Thought the exact same thing re Saab but assume I had that part of the rule wrong. Saab def kept running and got ahead of Tom which I thought put him onside.
It happened a few weeks ago in the faders game, Savage put a kick in and the player picked up the ball and scored, first replay he's offside but then the bunker said Savage continues his run and puts the player onside, try allowed

It's so refreshing to be on the opposite end of one of these referring blunders for once. Usually we're getting fuked by the bunker or the refs, so it's a nice change.

Also, the fact that it was against Parra, who have been helped in every game for the past 5 years, makes it even better. Fuk em.

The Bunker has turned a relatively straightforward sport with simple rules into a micro-managed lottery.
All other levels of RL exist without The Bunker. The NRL should play a few unimportant matches near the end of the season without The Bunker to test if the sport is better without it; just as they do when testing a new rule, such as two referees.
In theory The Bunker seems like a smart idea but in practice it complicates the sport, just as two referees did.

The problem with the bunker is that give the video referee too much power. Limit the bunker to only consider what the on field referee requests nothing more. This business of trolling back through the whole play leading to the try is time wasting, frustrating and a blight on the game.

I do wonder about the value of this presser

I guess it is better but does it actually add any confidence to decisions?

Astonishing that Annesley has come out and stated that Badger will be refereeing this weekend in first grade, the performance over the last two games has been extremely poor for an official.

Nothing to do with gender when the officiating is poor.
And that's the problem, no accountability, always some spin to make not seem so bad.

Sub par refereeing is sub par refereeing no matter which way you look at it.

The problem with the bunker is that give the video referee too much power. Limit the bunker to only consider what the on field referee requests nothing more. This business of trolling back through the whole play leading to the try is time wasting, frustrating and a blight on the game.
When the bunker first came in it was largely to review the touch down of the ball and to ensure that players hadn’t encroached over the line somehow.

I think initially it worked well.

It’s all this other stuff that’s failed it.

I listened to Annesley trying to justify the non awarding of the penalty try to the Warriors when DWZ was taken in mid air then dropped the ball as he tried to put it over the try line.
As if the try wouldn’t have been scored without the illegal tackle, let alone no sin bin for a professional foul if somehow you did think a try was unlikely.
The NRL just treats its supporters like they are idiots; it’s no wonder I can’t watch our games live anymore due to the WWE nature of what was once a great game.

I listened to Annesley trying to justify the non awarding of the penalty try to the Warriors when DWZ was taken in mid air then dropped the ball as he tried to put it over the try line.
As if the try wouldn’t have been scored without the illegal tackle, let alone no sin bin for a professional foul if somehow you did think a try was unlikely.
The NRL just treats its supporters like they are idiots; it’s no wonder I can’t watch our games live anymore due to the WWE nature of what was once a great game.
There is the WWE in the States. Here we have NRL = National Restling Lark

I have a different perspective on this. I feel for the defending winger. He was preparing to catch the ball when DWZ came hurtling through the air over the top of him. What was he supposed to do?
He was competing for the ball but just hadn't time to jump for it.
It seems to me that everything is in favour of the attacking catcher.
Again I ask: What is a defending catcher supposed to do?

Badger had a shocker, but in all honesty, her bunker and touchies really fuked her. So much blame goes onto the refs, and it's mostly warranted, but the game is way too quick for 1 ref and the touchies are fuking pointless at this point. They don't call $hit. Bring back the second ref.

Astonishing that Annesley has come out and stated that Badger will be refereeing this weekend in first grade, the performance over the last two games has been extremely poor for an official.

Nothing to do with gender when the officiating is poor.
I was getting nauseas watching his presser. Did he miss anyone out, I was waiting for him to include the coffee shop on the corner as well

he is f#cking useless. Just covering up all the weekend failures yet again. And as for supporting Badger, she was terrible and not up to NRL standard at all. Male or female I dont care, just improve them. This years crop are laughable

Badger had a shocker, but in all honesty, her bunker and touchies really fuked her. So much blame goes onto the refs, and it's mostly warranted, but the game is way too quick for 1 ref and the touchies are fuking pointless at this point. They don't call $hit. Bring back the second ref.
True.
One example.
How none of them - ref, touchie, bunker - noticed Mahoney run past the ref to get involved ( and escalate) a scuffle is inept at any level.
If he doesn't run in, Seyfarth doesn't get binned.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10