"Flawed attack"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Re: "Flawed attack"

It seems the site is at risk of being surrendered to those that don't have an opinion and have splinters in their bums from sitting on the fence.  Maintain the Rage DSM5.

Our biggest mistake was letting Steve Bell go or not replacing him with a like player.  He angle running and ability to step inside wrong footed many defences plus created hole for Brett & Wolfy and co to exploit on the outside.

If you go back and look at the season highlight DVD from last year take note of how many tries were scored where Bell was involved in the play or the proceeding play that led to the try.

As mentioned by a earlier in this thread Beaver also had the magic touch (similar to bell) that created opportunities for others.

Without these two and Snake we are having difficulty cracking defences.  

Not an easy one to solve IMO we have to either change our playing style or wait for more troops to evolve (or be recruited) who can fill this void.

Didn't Bell used to get bagged here for his style of play that you are talking about and was called a crab (or words similar)?

Yes he did but the line he ran was the other way to Matt & co thus he straigthen them and created doubt in the oppositon..

Oh okay. Thanks for straightening that out for me.

"You dont what you got until it is gone" - that is the issue with Belly.

actually she would probably go for

"You don't KNOW what you got till it's gone"

Fro link said:
actually she would probably go for

\"You don't KNOW what you got till it's gone\"
I'm surprised you could bring yourself to type out that "sentence" even in correction.  It is so riddled with error.

I have decided that Fro's posts are the "Are you smarter than a 5th grader" of silvertails.  And though he tries hard we're still waiting to be convinced.   :p

DSM5 link said:
On this site, after a match Kiwi.

And we debate what you say after a match quite well DSM

What I am talking about is when Gould is on the TV, watching a game, and gives you a little detail to watch out for and it happens most times.

If you got out from Under the Radar, maybe I can come and watch a game with you and you can enlighten me on the game :p

I was one who bagged Bell for his crabbing circular running style.  Still don't like it and would bag him again.  The issue is getting someone other than Choc to straighten the attack.  Glenn Stewart used to, but now is crowded by the Ox running across field until there's nowhere to go and defenses just wander across the field and then jump on the wingers.  I don't want to bag the bloke, but everyone is now copying his style.  Just get those big guys to run forward, bend them back, and create some holes for the little fast guys to run through.  And make those play the balls faster.   

If we can get Glenn Hall back into form DSM, he is just the man we need going straight and hard

DSM5 link said:
I was one who bagged Bell for his crabbing circular running style.  Still don't like it and would bag him again.  The issue is getting someone other than Choc to straighten the attack.  Glenn Stewart used to, but now is crowded by the Ox running across field until there's nowhere to go and defenses just wander across the field and then jump on the wingers.  I don't want to bag the bloke, but everyone is now copying his style.  Just get those big guys to run forward, bend them back, and create some holes for the little fast guys to run through.  And make those play the balls faster.   
  Big George straightens us up but Des only puts him on for 10 minutes.

Was just watching highlights of last years finals matches

Was 1 try in particular that stood out clearly as to what we are lacking

Against the Dragons, just to the right of the sticks. L'Estrange picks in up and runs across the park, Kings runs an inside line, Stewart runs an inside line, Menzies runs an inside line, Heath drifts across dummying to all 3 runners, before hitting Snake who sums it up and hits Wolfman on the chest.

The players hitting the line make the world of difference, particularly if we are going sideways

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6