Football Club AGM 2012

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Other than having people read forums (and finding out) or asking someone (for the same result) the sad thing is that I bet if you got 100 Manly fans in a room and said "are you are member of the Sea Eagles and / or the Football Club" I bet 97% of them would say "what's the difference".

I know a lot is being done to promote membership (in a general sense), which is great, but I also understand the opinions of some that just because they are not a member doesn't that they are not as important.

Just like I have recently done to all MWTS members I have promoted BOTH options to people and I guess all we can do is continue to do this and promote the reasons for being a part of both.

I'd love to see 20,000 members for both entities, and that in my opinion should be the ultimate aim.

I have a Manly Legends jumper that my wife bought me for a birthday years ago....doesn't have Beaver on there but certainly the rest, I'd say it's about vintage 1999 or 2000. I am half thinking of taking the glass off and covering over the bit that says "De$ Ha$ler" 252 games (or whatever he played) as I near puke every time I walk past it!!

I did think the FC membership was given less prominence in the MWSE materials this year. It is a bit confusing unless you take the time to work out what it is all about. Maybe FC members are the 'true supporters'?

That's right. We support the truth.

On an unrelated (but affiliated) topic, I was surprised today to receive a missed call from Des.

Upon reflection, I realised some time in the past I got a call - which was an automated pre-recorded type call - from Des Hasler. At that time (back in the days when he was a Manly legend) I saved the number as 'Des' (so I could call him back when he needed tactical advice etc).

Hence my momentary surprise when I saw he was calling me today. Till I realised it was probably about membership, lol.

Hey Vidmar, I've been a Manly Football Club member for only a couple of years, can you please tell me when voting rights kick in? e.g. is there a pre-requisite of a certain number of continuous membership years??

Season ticket holder (again), and member of the three. Personally, wouldn't vote for anything to change at present either.

+ CEO - awesome
+ Playing Roster - awesome
+ Ease of Renewing Membership - awesome
+ Seat availability - awesome
+ Brooky - 5 mins from home - awesome
+ Media Professionalism these days - awesome
+ Club interaction with fans - awesome
+ Rookie depth - awesome
+ Brooky atmosphere - awesome

It just sucks, coz the club ain't giving me anything to whinge or bitch about ffs.

Ok, maybe an upgrade to Brooky would be nice :)

Jonesyv2 said:
As in the Constitution (You can read it in full here) Mals it is 3 years continuous membership.

Under "Definitions" (towards the beginning of the constitution)

3.1 (a)
a Member who has maintained continuous membership of the Company in a Voting Membership Category at all times throughout the current Membership Period and the preceding three Membership Periods in accordance with clauses 8 and 9;

(seems like a long time to me but the sooner you start....)

@[Mals]

Ryan said:
Season ticket holder (again), and member of the three. Personally, wouldn't vote for anything to change at present either.

+ CEO - awesome
+ Playing Roster - awesome
+ Ease of Renewing Membership - awesome
+ Seat availability - awesome
+ Brooky - 5 mins from home - awesome
+ Media Professionalism these days - awesome
+ Club interaction with fans - awesome
+ Rookie depth - awesome
+ Brooky atmosphere - awesome

It just sucks, coz the club ain't giving me anything to whinge or bitch about ffs.

Ok, maybe an upgrade to Brooky would be nice :)

I notice you didn't have

+ Coach - awesome

There's your bitch.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7