Football Club response to Sea Eagles request for less than 10 games at Brookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Think that covers security, cleaning and insurance, so it's more than just the hire fee.
thanks Mark,
Where I was coming from (or going to) was how much has the cost of running a game at Brookie CHANGED since last year?
If it has gone up by inflation, then Penn knew the costs up front. He is, as others have hinted, making up an elaborate excuse to vacate Brookie.
If, on the other hand, Council have dreamed up a number and doubled it, then Penn might just be justified in trying to find cheaper digs...

thanks Mark,
Where I was coming from (or going to) was how much has the cost of running a game at Brookie CHANGED since last year?
If it has gone up by inflation, then Penn knew the costs up front. He is, as others have hinted, making up an elaborate excuse to vacate Brookie.
If, on the other hand, Council have dreamed up a number and doubled it, then Penn might just be justified in trying to find cheaper digs...

It is agreed upon in a contract package - similar to the NRL tv rights

So you do not see CPI creep but a jump every few years. The jump also will account for changes in standards/requirements

So you do not see CPI creep but a jump every few years. The jump also will account for changes in standards/requirements
It increases in line with increases in the price of sand.

What the Club Needs is for a Consortium made up of people who Really and Truly Love the Manly Warringah Sea-Eagles as much as I and you Guys do, Not some Family who are in it for the money. And We as a Club need to go to Tony Abbott who opened his big mouth before he was elected as Politicians do and Build us Our own Home Ground a "STADIUM" as he called it like he promised. We need to support those who Truly are concerned about our Club not these wankers in control atm.

Thanks Fluffy,
However, what I am trying to understand is: how long ago did MWSE know that it would be $130K / game? How much was it last year?
for example, if it was $120k last year, then Penn knew exactly what he was up for. If it was $60k last year, then maybe Penn was surprised.

It is likely that no one on this forum has any idea about costings. I am trying to ascertain whether we need to put Penn to the sword, or support him...

Thanks Fluffy,
However, what I am trying to understand is: how long ago did MWSE know that it would be $130K / game? How much was it last year?
for example, if it was $120k last year, then Penn knew exactly what he was up for. If it was $60k last year, then maybe Penn was surprised.

It is likely that no one on this forum has any idea about costings. I am trying to ascertain whether we need to put Penn to the sword, or support him...
Balance that by looking at the product the council served up earlier this year. The NRL was seriously considering moving games from the sandpit.

Thanks Fluffy,

No major changes, everything foreseeable and the rental from the council is negotiated.

Balance that by looking at the product the council served up earlier this year. The NRL was seriously considering moving games from the sandpit.

Balance the balancing with the even worse sandpits at suncorp and ANZ earlier this year. No threat from Toddy Slimeburg on those funnily enough.

You can't balance the fact we are on the **** list :(
And while the Penns run dead on brookie by not spending the 10 mil and getting rid of the one committee that was making in roads on funding ( Kerry Sibraas group ), they will get there way by the NRL making the decision for them. They (Penn ) will then say we didnt do it, they did and blame the NRL. Another Penn cop out !!
Yes Joe Kelly . Some of us do know what is going on.

And while the Penns run dead on brookie by not spending the 10 mil and getting rid of the one committee that was making in roads on funding ( Kerry Sibraas group ), they will get there way by the NRL making the decision for them. They (Penn ) will then say we didnt do it, they did and blame the NRL. Another Penn cop out !!
Yes Joe Kelly . We do know what is going on.
WHo actually got the 10M though? Shouldn't it have been Perp T'ees as owners of the ground? Or the council?

Council has it but with strings attached as far as I am aware.

my guess is it is sitting in thier bank account earning interest so they are happy to wait.

The all or nothing approach will leave you with nothing 9 times out of 10

WHo actually got the 10M though? Shouldn't it have been Perp T'ees as owners of the ground? Or the council?
Its is contingent on a DA Approval by the Council - so the money remains in the State coffers for a set time.
Then it is withdrawn and allocated to another project of the State Budget - hence the orchestrated delays @:cool:
Once the funds are withdrawn, Brookie will be judged as nonNRL worthy :mad:

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex
Does the council have any plans out with improvements or is it all in the hands of the Penn's? Surely if the money is with the council to improve one specific thing they'd have their own version of what they would do with the money?

Whole thing is a balls up

Does the council have any plans out with improvements or is it all in the hands of the Penn's? Surely if the money is with the council to improve one specific thing they'd have their own version of what they would do with the money?

Well the Sibraa committee had council, sea eagles ,state gov, Fed gov, the local school and the NRL ,all working on funding with planes and costings All given on the projects from the 10 mill stage to a 60 mil stage. Penn caned it for his pie in the sky project that did not get past first base. Now they do nothing and will let the N R L put brookie to the sword. .They are wrecking the place.
We would be better of with the N R L running the place. Certainly no worse off.

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex

The Council merely approve an acceptable DA. Just like a private house, they don't set the requirements.

Manly Franchise originally lobbied and subsequently were granted 10 million by the State Gov to bring Brookie up to NRL standards. I think we need to have 20k individual seats to meet the NRL Stadium standard.

It got out of hand when the Penn side decided to piggyback their multiplex onto the Brookie seating upgrade application.

As the majority shareholder, they can stall any upgrade of just the seating - they are pushing for a whole new multi use precinct where the new buildings are owned by them on Ratepayer bequethed land.

Council will not approve the multiplex due to serious traffic/noise issues.

Stalemate till the lawyers fight it out in Land Environment Court Appeals etc.:(

Meanwhile the NRL can force Manly to play out of other Stadiums. :eek:

But the $$$ in the proposed multiplex will keep the interested party pursuing the DA till all legal avenues are exhausted @:cool:

A DY development proposal for the main street corner site is in its 10th year of Council vs Developer :confused:
Council won it's right to reject an 18 storey building in the L&EC, now its being challenged in a higher court by the Developer.

The Council merely approve an acceptable DA. Just like a private house, they don't set the requirements.

Manly Franchise originally lobbied and subsequently were granted 10 million by the State Gov to bring Brookie up to NRL standards. I think we need to have 20k individual seats to meet the NRL Stadium standard.

It got out of hand when the Penn side decided to piggyback their multiplex onto the Brookie seating upgrade application.

As the majority shareholder, they can stall any upgrade of just the seating - they are pushing for a whole new multi use precinct where the new buildings are owned by them on Ratepayer bequethed land.

Council will not approve the multiplex due to serious traffic/noise issues.

Stalemate till the lawyers fight it out in Land Environment Court Appeals etc.:(

Meanwhile the NRL can force Manly to play out of other Stadiums. :eek:

But the $$$ in the proposed multiplex will keep the interested party pursuing the DA till all legal avenues are exhausted @:cool:

A DY development proposal for the main street corner site is in its 10th year of Council vs Developer :confused:
Council won it's right to reject an 18 storey building in the L&EC, now its being challenged in a higher court by the Developer.
Is that DY one the one at the bus stop? Cobalt?

I'd like a nice, neat, modern 15,000 seat stadium that sells out. That's a future looking number of seats taking into account more live games and the general direction of fandom. No resi tower. No Giants stadium fairy tale. Just make what the area needs.

Is that DY one the one at the bus stop? Cobalt?

I'd like a nice, neat, modern 15,000 seat stadium that sells out. That's a future looking number of seats taking into account more live games and the general direction of fandom. No resi tower. No Giants stadium fairy tale. Just make what the area needs.
Yes I think its currently named Cobalt.

It would be great if the 10mill could be spent in a way that could facilitate an expansion further down the track - but its in limbo now @:cool:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6