Footy Show Filth

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
StuBoot said:
The Eagle said:
Not guilty of common assault means the victim deserved it in most cases for some reason or another (my defense was he swung first)

Brett's case was clearcut bull**** and hardly a basis for comparison

Compare Minji's case to that of OJ Simpson and you have a better basis for comparison

Both cases are probably a result of overzealous prosecutors, I'm not comparing the technicalities of acquittal or whatever, however both players images have been sullied as a result, Brett's more so.
Doesn't mean we should sling mud at Benji or Joey or whoever because he's got an opinion that we may or may not agree with.:argue::argue:

I understand what you are saying StuBoat but it doesn't help their case when they say Glenn got the right punishment and Blair was badly done by. They forget the fact that they both were punished for 3 weeks, but Blair had an extra 2 weeks smacked on for the punch in the first fight.

a) they didn't show this punch on the footy show as it would have made them look like idiots with the comments they were making; and

b) they were saying that the sin bin was enough punishment for Blair for the first hit...so why was Glenn punished to the sin bin for doing nothing?

It would have been good to have someone with some brains on there to argue that both punishments were fair, end of story. They looked like a bunch of Storm lovers and there wasn't one mention of Wolfy's injury or how good we were in that game.

You all were watching the wrong show, on the game plan, I found the panel to be a lot more fairer in their judgements plus they also had spud carroll on and kingy. Futhermore they mentioned wolfy's injury and the sportmanship shown in that incident.

I think your'e right eagle about the b stewart case. horrible as the whole nightmare must have been for him and his, in the long run its better he had his day in court. Wouldn't wish it on anyone, though.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Fatty and Belcher have got a sportmans lunch on at Burleigh Bears today...may have to drop in and ask him where the f@ck is his loyalty, ask him how much those muppets at nine pay him to spew the **** he has?.:dodgy:

Didn't see stopped watching it after the red head premiership captain by default slagged Brett off in 09. I gotta say I'm not real comfortable with that knucklehead being the face of our membership drive. Hes a moron.

seaeagles4life said:
You all were watching the wrong show, on the game plan, I found the panel to be a lot more fairer in their judgements plus they also had spud carroll on and kingy. Futhermore they mentioned wolfy's injury and the sportmanship shown in that incident.

Thanks for the heads up, seaeagles4life. Didn't even know The Game Plan existed. And a better time slot at 8.30pm to 9.30pm. Channel One Thursdays.

http://one.com.au/nrl.htm

Monday - One Week At A Time 9:30 is also great.
DCE is Guest this week.

Great to see Spud on The Game Plan last night. He loved the Biff :p

Something cryptic about Glenn Stewart now attending the Dally M's on Tuesday night was said last show.

Does he still have a chance ?
Success is the best Revenge ;)

Yep, The Game Plan easily the best league show on TV. I don't even bother switching to that other s**t when TGP finishes as I find it unwatchable. The one exception was when I knew Foz and DCE we're going to be on. I battled through all the crap aubtil they were on then switched off. I usually watch Law & Order SVU instead, but last night it wasn't on for some reason, so I watched a Will Ferrell movie I hadn't seen, Step Brothers. Reasonably amusing.

HappilyManly said:
Something cryptic about Glenn Stewart now attending the Dally M's on Tuesday night was said last show.

Does he still have a chance ?
Success is the best Revenge ;)

It was in the Late Mail. They said with Stewart's suspension, the NRL will avoid an embarassing situation because he was no chance to attend the Dally M's and was a real shot at winning it.

A suspension used to automatically rule you out of Dally M contention, but now you get deducted points, but I'm not sure how many.

The Game Plan was very good last night and Jason came across very well. The Fatty/Footy Show is the televisual equivalent of a News Ltd tabloid. Rubbish.

Be funny if Manly quietly eased Vautin, from that membership role, during the off-season. Here's hoping.

So all we have do is sustitute Gallop for the emperor in Star Wars and you can imagine Gallop giving these speeches.

"Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design. Your friends, up there on the sanctuary moon, are walking into a trap, as is your Rebel fleet. It was I who allowed the Alliance to know the location of the shield generator. It is quite safe from your pitiful little band. An entire legion of my best troops awaits them. Oh, I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive." (Return of the Jedi)

9. "Patience, my friend. In time he will seek you out, and when he does, you must bring him before me. He has grown strong. Only together can we turn him to the Dark Side of the Force." (Return of the Jedi)

8. "Ah, yes, a Jedi's weapon. Much like your father's. By now you must know your father
can never be turned from the dark side. So will it be with you." (Return of the Jedi)

7. "Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the dark side. You have paid the price for your lack of vision." (Return of the Jedi)

6. "The Force is strong with him. The son of Skywalker must not become a Jedi." (The Empire Strikes Back)

5. "As you can see, my young apprentice, your friends have failed. Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle station!"

4. "And now, young Skywalker... you will die." (Return of the Jedi)

3. "Soon the Rebellion will be crushed and young Skywalker will be one of us. Your work here is finished, my friend. Go out to the command ship and await my orders." (Return of the Jedi)

2. "Good. I can feel your anger. I am defenseless. Take your weapon! Strike me down with all your hatred, and your journey towards the dark side will be complete." (Return of the Jedi)

1. "So be it...Jedi." (Return of the Jedi)

mosto said:
A suspension used to automatically rule you out of Dally M contention, but now you get deducted points, but I'm not sure how many.
I think it is 3 points per week suspended so with -9 gifty is no chance.

Surely you lot were watching The Footy Show knowing you were going to want to put you fist through the TV?
I haven't watched that ****e for years.

I am just shocked that anyone was watching the Footy show at all. I mean seriously, I have some paint you guys can watch dry if you want

I don't understand why any of you watch this crap. There's a much better footie show on indiginous TV. Chanel 182 I think. On Thursday night at 8.30. It's fantastic and covers the whole of Oz. Go there rather than watch fatty and his stupid mates. Anyway Bones had it right, who cares.

Utility Player said:
mosto said:
I think it is 3 points per week suspended so with -9 gifty is no chance.

Is that how it works? I'm aware that its -3 per game but seeing as there is only one regular season game before the semis and the dally m awards are presented, he should only get -3 off his tally? Maybe im wrong, but gift would be right up there as he was probably getting points each week.

seaeagles4life said:
Is that how it works? I'm aware that its -3 per game but seeing as there is only one regular season game before the semis and the dally m awards are presented, he should only get -3 off his tally? Maybe im wrong, but gift would be right up there as he was probably getting points each week.

Im only guessing SE4 but i would imagine that the -9 would be automatically applied from the time the penalty was implemented, thus making the regular season/finals game issue irrelevant.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6