Foran/Matai mystery solved?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

conanu

Bencher
I think this is how the mystery of no signings has been caused. I think we have signed Foran and agreed terms with Matai but we have also said to them that we will hold off registering the contracts until all this salary cap increase and Melbourne Storm garbage is sorted. That way we can say this is all we can offer currently and stay under the cap but if the salary cap increases we would be willing to offer more. It is showing the players that we want to look after them. So we are waiting to see if we can offer them more if the cap is increased. This would be why no one at the club is panicked about Foran and Matai is probably waiting to see if the Manly offer will get close to the Warriors one because he doesnt want to leave.

This would also explain why Zorba has talked them both up in the press because he wouldnt do that if the vultures were circling he knows that by doing that he is driving the price up and alerting other clubs. he wouldnt do that if they werent sure things.

Its all one big holding pattern but i reckon Hodgo thought a Bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush and took a deal because we werent offering him anywhere near the Dogs money and we probably didnt offer the same thing i have talked about to him so he couldnt risk playing on without a deal.

If I was writing up the contracts I wouldnt be risking the delays.

I would allocate a provisional sum in the contract, conditional upon the cap increase and have the signatures done & dusted.

The longer the wait the more chance of a problem arising.

Jatz i reckon that is what they have done with Foran I reckon he is signed but it will be made official after all the other stuff is over. Matai i think is holding out for the cap increase whereas Foran is a done deal i reckon.

Yep, im not greatly worried about Foran. Big bells would be going off somewhere if he wasnt stitched up.

But any delay with Matai caused by cap increase issues is an unecessary thing. Same thing would apply to Foran if his commitment wasnt already inked.

hi all

on buzzs blog today i ask hin this question
hope it helps in any way

cheers

Buzz
i know its way off the topic
any news on what Steve Matai is doing
and any other players Manly are interested in
thanks Buzz

Eddie of Sydney (Reply)
Mon 02 Aug 10 (01:17pm)

Manly keep telling me they are close to doing a deal to keep him.

Phil Rothfield
Mon 02 Aug 10 (01:22pm)

Manly wouldn't tell that cretin a thing

I reckon we should give Steve a new offer this week, we put $10,000 onto his deal with each huge hit on Slater, Smith, Inglis and White

Kiwi Eagle link said:
I reckon we should give Steve a new offer this week, we put $10,000 onto his deal with each huge hit on Slater, Smith, Inglis and White
That would cost 50k just for White!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8