Foran/Snake Out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader
Not sure if mentioned somewhere already but same side as last week, G Stewart a rough chance of playing.

clontaago said:
Not sure if mentioned somewhere already but same side as last week, G Stewart a rough chance of playing.
Damn it....kept Snake in fantasy footy - hope your wrong!!:(

Hopefully Foran won't get picked for NZ so he gets the next two weeks to recover in time for the bulldogs game.

Liam will stay LHS won't he ? so he won't see Gifty outside him much. Snakes rib must be worse than first thought.

Snake is rib cartiledge injury a week to week proposition same as Foz hamstring you never can predict when those injuries will come good. I'd say neither are going to play.

Chip and Chase said:
Liam will stay LHS won't he ? so he won't see Gifty outside him much. Snakes rib must be worse than first thought.

Gift in the 13 will connect with him at some point for sure.

Interesting weird fact : inside the Sun Herald 2008 Grand Final liftout of all the individual player by player info it has Gift in the 13 with the following caption :

"Hates any mention of being scared of clowns, so we wont go there. Superstar"

Huh??? Rather strange writeup about a player about to head into a GF.

Good if true we need snake back, he likes to score a few tries against the titans from memory.

effnic said:
Good if true we need snake back, he likes to score a few tries against the titans from memory.

Snake would not want to miss another game as Dean Whare played very well at fullback last week .My bet is that he (snake) would be a bit worried about 2v thinking we can replace him for someone else that can do the job a lot cheaper as well as handle the full back job.

Jatz Crackers said:
Chip and Chase said:

Interesting weird fact : inside the Sun Herald 2008 Grand Final liftout of all the individual player by player info it has Gift in the 13 with the following caption :

If he hates clowns then why the hell does he hang out with the biggest clown of all ZORBA ?

lovefooty said:
effnic said:

Snake would not want to miss another game as Dean Whare played very well at fullback last week .My bet is that he (snake) would be a bit worried about 2v thinking we can replace him for someone else that can do the job a lot cheaper as well as handle the full back job.

Jatz Crackers said:
Chip and Chase said:

If he hates clowns then why the hell does he hang out with the biggest clown of all ZORBA ?

Couple of things buddy.
Dean Whare was great on Monday night and is headed for a great future but Brett Stewart is the best fullback in the club 66 year history he doesn't need to worry about his place in our club at this stage.

Regarding Glenn and your post about hanging around peters, I agree with most you have posted about our former media manager however one thing he did do exceptionally well was look after young players. I know he is close to the Stewart's because he looked out for them as young felllas who came to the club.

Clint said:
Cambo said:
lovefooty said:

Jatz Crackers said:
Chip and Chase said:

Brett Stewart is the best fullback in the club 66 year history he doesn't need to worry about his place in our club at this stage.

a bloke called Graham Eadie might have something to say about that..

Mate I saw wombat and he was great but the only thing he has on Brett is he kicked goals.

Cambo said:
Clint said:
Cambo said:
lovefooty said:

Brett Stewart is the best fullback in the club 66 year history he doesn't need to worry about his place in our club at this stage.

a bloke called Graham Eadie might have something to say about that..

Mate I saw wombat and he was great but the only thing he has on Brett is he kicked goals.

I'm not saying that I disagree with you Cambo but tell me, what has Snake got over Wombat??? I know Brett has scored a bucket load of more tries than Wombat but it is so unfair to compare players from different eras. The role of a fullback is so different today than from Wombats era. And also the average points per game has probably at least doubled too (factoring in 3 points v 4 points for a try)
Both of them terrific defensively..

Eadie for mine, his front on defence was the best ever by a fullback. His goal kicking and ground kicking make him a more complete player.

But Brett oozes class. I wish they would hurry and sign him up long term. I might rate him higher with another 60 games under his belt.

How lucky are we to be discussing these two and some of us have seen them both.

Ridge wasnt bad either, shame he turned into f*@kwit.

There's something about watching a fullback return the ball full speed without fear of self preservation, and in that regard I have never seen any FB better than Eadie....I can't split the difference in playing ability and worth between snake and wombat....but as Bob stated. "How lucky are we to be discussing these two and some of us have seen them both."

bob dylan said:
Ridge wasnt bad either, shame he turned into f*@kwit.

hahaha..

re Eadie's goal kicking - I remember being at Henson Park - Manly v Newtown. Scores 10 all. Eadie right in front. I was right behind the goal posts. Eadie shanks the kick game over.. doh..:p

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7