foran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Foran's improvement as a playmaker this year has been phenomenal. I always knew he was a great footballer, but being a great playmaker is a whole different kettle of fish. His passing game - always so late at the line - has come on in leaps and bounds, as has his kicking game. If he wasn't a Kiwi he'd be straight into the NSW Origin side. We'd still lose but he'd give it a shake:)

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Foran has that undoubted star quality. Absolutely love him and he is a potential Manly all-time great in the Snake category.
All those who went on about the Manly admin because he wasn't signed can eat it because he is ours.
Sign Hoppa, he has the same potential without a doubt. In fact we have the strongest line-up of players looking to get into FG in a decade and I feel more positive about the future than in '08. Big call, yes, but we just have talent sprouting everywhere.

Foran and Hoppa will ensure 10 years of being up there with the best teams in the NRL.

Sign Hoppa tomorrw with T-Rex and Wolfmans money.

Thurstons ball playing is the most over-rated ball playing i have ever seen. Weak right side plays only effective with left hand short side plays.

Watching him turning the ball back inside lacking any class or composure or genuine thought with the play other than a settler or has no other creative option is a pain to watch.

No team with Thurston as half will win a comp he struggles under NRL semi's pressure but i admit he puts in 100% and a great goal kicker.

Thurston has only been at half for a Queensland side that has won 5 straight origin series. Pinnacle of rugby league and he doesn't seem to struggle under that pressure.

Let's see how Thurston goes without Lockyer (and yes I know he managed it in 2007 but Prince was good that year too).

He will still go Ok at SOO, the Queensland team is that good, but for 'the best player in the game' to have not led his side to a premiership after this long is a little telling. To get real credit he need to get the Cowboys over the line one day, and I don't see it happening.

It's not just that Thurston hasn't taken the Cowboys to a premiership. They rarely make the finals with the so-called world's best player. I'm no fan of A Johns but he carried his side single-handedly to a Premiership in 2001 (I don't count the drug tainted premiership of 97 as theirs).

I'm not Thurston fan, but to say no NRL side would win a comp with him at half is a ridiculous statement. Maybe at the Cowboys, yes, but you put him at Brisbane, Saints, Manly, etc then they'd all shorten in the premiership market quite considerably.

TokyoEagle said:
Jatz Crackers said:
Technical Coach will tell you. Foran could be so much better if only we had better structures.

He will also tell you that he can't pass both ways.

Get your facts right i said he has an effective creative right to left side pass and not given the opportunity to show his left to right passing.

I dont care what the bookes say about equal favourites---we will not win a premiership with Thurston at half.

He needs a classy 5/8 or second option Half with good go forward and fast play the balls to use his dummy and go around tired markers.

Thurston alone at half with the cowboys will offer nothing----when Bowen chimes in as a ball playing fullback Thurston is made to look better.

I would purchase Bowen over Thurston any day at half for an "NRL" side to win a Premiership.

I dont care what the bookies say about equal favourites---we will not win a premiership with Thurston at half.

He needs a classy 5/8 or second option Half with good go forward and fast play the balls to use his dummy and go around tired markers.

Thurston alone at half with the cowboys will offer nothing----when Bowen chimes in as a ball playing fullback Thurston is made to look better.

I would purchase Bowen over Thurston any day at half for an "NRL" side to win a Premiership.

In a very short space of time Foran has become our key player. Bar none. And when you look at the talent in our roster, that is really saying something.

Can someone please find that thread last week that said we looked better against the Cowboys when Lyon went to five eight?

Technical Coach said:
I posted in that thread for what reason do you need the thread

Just trying to point out how quickly peoples opinions can change in one week. Plenty of people wanted to move Lyon to 6 after the final 20 minutes against the Cowboys last week.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
In a very short space of time Foran has become our key player. Bar none. And when you look at the talent in our roster, that is really saying something.

Very true, we looked lost in attack as soon as he came off tonight, that being said Lyon did not move to 5/8 either. Just wait till DCE gets a year or two of FG under his belt, Him and Foran will be the best halves combination in the game.

From the penthouse to the ****house TC.

He is a grub but

First half picked for Qld (over Cronk and Prince)
First half picked for Australia
Was best on ground against us last week
Biggest motor in the comp
Bowen has never played halfback and was only ever picked for qLD off bench due to durability(but what would Qld selectors know?)

but according to you he CAN'T PLAY

Go figure

Matabele said:
It's not just that Thurston hasn't taken the Cowboys to a premiership. They rarely make the finals with the so-called world's best player. I'm no fan of A Johns but he carried his side single-handedly to a Premiership in 2001 (I don't count the drug tainted premiership of 97 as theirs).

I don't think Johns single handedly carried that 2001 team. It had some handy players in it.

1. Robbie O'Davis
2. Timana Tahu
3. Matt Gidley
4. Mark Hughes
5. Adam MacDougall
6. Sean Rudder
7. Andrew Johns (c)
8. Josh Perry
9. Danny Buderus
10. Matt Parsons
11. Steve Simpson
12. Ben Kennedy