Forans Manager Banned for 6 months over Storm salary cap scandal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
StuBoot said:
The managers should get a longer ban, ultimately the buck ( pardon the pun ) starts & stops with them, they're effectively solicitors for the players.
If there was a longer punishment with their livelihood threatened we may have seen them plea bargain with some info as to who else WAS in on the rort - ie Waldron, Bellamy, players, etc.
We may see that happen anyway.

I don't agree that the buck starts and stops with the mangers. I agree the ban is too short but bellamy would be as guilty if not more guilty then waldron in the whole fiasco. I believe there has been a massive cover up in regards bellamy because the nrl know that if bellamy isn't at the storm the storm basically go down the toilet in Melb, the nrl will do anything to stop that happening.

Couldnt care less about the Storm salary cap scandal, and further punishment for anybody down there, I'm ony concerned with how this news impacts us. The NRL have refused to register contracts in the past because they were negotiated by unregistered/banned player managers. How this impacts on Forans current situation is unknown but potentially does through a spanner in the works.

KaZa said:
You reckon sandow could get 700k without a manager?

Yeah. Do you think his manager is the one who made Parramatta look stupid or did they do that all by themselves?

Anyone signed by mimis won't have any problems. SFX (mimis' company) has Paul Sutton and Daryl Mather on board who can take over player contract negotiations. I think sutton has been the one who has looked after Foran in the past.

The thing that I find not kosher is a bloke like mimis can have coaches on his books especially hasler.

Its a good thing this was all handled professionally and expediently.

They almost managed to match Fair Work Australias enviable record for producing outcomes on time and 100% resolved.

It's a pity footballers feel they need a manager. I think it shows how under-educated most of them are; they don't have the confidence or knowledge to be able to negotiate a deal themselves.

The Who said:
It's a pity footballers feel they need a manager. I think it shows how under-educated most of them are; they don't have the confidence or knowledge to be able to negotiate a deal themselves.

I think that's a bit harsh. There is big money involved. If I was a player I would want an expert taking care of it, not just because they know the tricks of the trade, but also because they can negotiate without the emotional element that would be present if I had to negotiate the deal myself. A manager is likely to get them a better contract in the end.

MadMarcus said:
The Who said:

I think that's a bit harsh. There is big money involved. If I was a player I would want an expert taking care of it, not just because they know the tricks of the trade, but also because they can negotiate without the emotional element that would be present if I had to negotiate the deal myself. A manager is likely to get them a better contract in the end.

They sure did get them a better deal!

KaZa said:
You reckon sandow could get 700k without a manager?

And would he have left the bunnies?

Managers do a great service to themselves and the players they represent through promoting mercenary conduct.

What they leave behind is broken teams and dissilusioned fans. Unless your team is the beneficiary they don't do the game much good.

StuBoot said:
If I was a player I would want an expert taking care of it, not just because they know the tricks of the trade, but also because they can negotiate without the emotional element that would be present if I had to negotiate the deal myself. A manager is likely to get them a better contract in the end.

Let's think about this for a moment. A player's agent is no different to a real estate agent. They don't particularly care if they sell a house for $1-M or $1.1-M because the extra commission is negligible. They just want to do a deal. When they have many houses/players on their books they don't favour one or the other; if one isn't right for a buyer/club they just put forward the next house/player.
A confident player can save himself 10% commission by negotiating a contract himself. He also doesn't have to put up with all the lies agents tell.

Do the nrl expect the fans to believe that the clubs management
Knew, the player managers knew but the players had no idea? Pleeeease.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Only problem with this thread is Mimis isnt Foran's agent.
Not as such but his agent sutton is apart of mimis' SFX company.
http://www.sfxsports.com.au/company-profile/management-team

Cameron said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Only problem with this thread is Mimis isnt Foran's agent.
Not as such but his agent sutton is apart of mimis' SFX company.
http://www.sfxsports.com.au/company-profile/management-team

So what ? Agents often affiliate with a sports management company for the purpose of sharing secreterial support , office rent and accounting services.

Players sign contracts with individual agents. The sports managemt co has no contractual relationship with the player. For example Paul Sutton can change management companies and it has no effect on any of his players.

These token punishments are part of a larger scale whitewash designed to limit the embarrassment, in particular for persons with high or even extremely high profiles in the game.

As suggested by a number of posts above.

Dishonest rorting of the salary cap by use of secret contracts should be grounds for permanent de-registration of managers. If not, then nothing is.

Managers should only get commission for the first year of a contract. So if a player signs a 4 yr deal at 300 a year the manager gets 30 k for the first year only if the player extends his contract after 2 years why pay the manager 120 k + for nothing?

manlyfan76 said:
Managers should only get commission for the first year of a contract. So if a player signs a 4 yr deal at 300 a year the manager gets 30 k for the first year only if the player extends his contract after 2 years why pay the manager 120 k + for nothing?

This would ultimately encourage managers to look for 1 yr deals :)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8