Fox Sports' Matt Elliot Recruitment Evaluation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Agreed,if Parra miss the 8 again this year it is an absolute certainty that Arthur will be sacked, regardless of extensions signed etc. If they keep a coach who has had 3 years there and failed to make the 8 each year, then the whole board should walk away in disgrace.
The eels sack their coach regardless of whether they get the spoon or make the grand final. It's their thing.

I liked Elliots "grab for attention" review of Manly. Sure we have a new coach, half a new spine, and three legends that are all a year older in their 30's; reasonable to suggest it will be tough to gel and square up into a top 4 position in the pre pre season (yes said it twice on purpose).

It gives us some good "black and white, on the wall" motivation, hopefully makes the boys realise there are some critics out there, and puts Trenty under the pump to deliver.

Elliot is a tosser in general. A failed coach 3 times over, but he has to earn a living somehow.

I just hope that the lads read it and react accordingly.

It's called salary cap management sir, & we can only assume our management is far better than Moanly's.
You must have missed that story in the Herald about 2 days ago, your club is still refusing to implement governance changes demanded by NRL after your salary cap breaches.
And so ... those 4 competition points are really starting to look like they are goneski!

• 📚
Reactions: Rex
Me thinks Habib eagle has had too many kebabs cause he has no idea what he is on about.
No point in arguing with trolls for all they will do is attempt to justify their point in the hope of converting. Trying to do so on a forum where we all support a cause, that being the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles, is like pissing in the wind which smells like Parramatta river.
Apologies in advance to those Manly supporters who live out west.

Habib, if Arthur happens to get the flick either during or after the 2016 season, then watch your high priced recruit Kieran Foreign get the $hits up. Then you'll see what Manly fans saw in his last 18 months here.

Foreign is stuck at the Speels for at least two years even if Arthur is sacked this year. The only reason he even wanted to go there was because of Arthur. He even originally had it in his contract that if Arthur got sacked, he could walk as well AND get a nice payout for his troubles.

Whether you want to admit it or not its the truth. And that doesn't exactly sound like someone who is committed to the club, more like someone committed to his own cause.

Last edited:
Me thinks Habib eagle has had too many kebabs cause he has no idea what he is on about.
No point in arguing with trolls for all they will do is attempt to justify their point in the hope of converting. Trying to do so on a forum where we all support a cause, that being the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles, is like pissing in the wind which smells like Parramatta river.
Apologies in advance to those Manly supporters who live out west.

I happen to live near Lidcombe about 5 mins from the Stadium Sideline Eye (though I was raised up the hill behind Brookie Oval). Actually the Parra River has improved markedly and I've enjoyed several journeys on the river cat...very nice. But I'm not sure I want to stay too long in the area because have you seen what's proposed for Parramatta central. A skyline comparable to Sydney CBD. Yee gads.

The proof will be in the pudding, & I can guarantee that Parra will finish above Moanly. I have no doubts.

You have no five eighth, as Walker is inexperienced in that position. Not many workers in that pack that's full of 30 minute players.

Even if you accept that we have no 5/8 (although he played all his junior footy there), Para have no 1/2!! What NRL team could honestly hope to win consistently with no established 1/2?

Just thought I would bump this for the people who missed it. Some of the responses are extremely funny predicting top 4 best recruitment in years the funny part is those same people now complaining about the recruiting and bagging the team. Matt was a **** coach but after reading this thread he has more football knowledge than most on forum. Shout out to Mark who didn't get caught up in the zorba and bozo orchestrated media blitz and saw it for what it was a charm offensive.
Hi Geoff.

Most of our problems are all the injuries.

No time to build the new combinations:confused:

Whilst this may be a valid reason, this was seemingly not a consideration when the club decided to clean-out players and coaching staff last year.

It is a 'results driven business', so we were told... and things don't appear to be improving.

Whilst this may be a valid reason, this was seemingly not a consideration when the club decided to clean-out players and coaching staff last year.

It is a 'results driven business', so we were told... and things don't appear to be improving.
Agree, but no one could forsee the level of the carnage to our key players.

The big review must be of the new fitness centre and the training/rehab staff who can't get the soft tissue injuries like hammies and syndesmosis, to respond to treatment @:cool:

Snake hasn't run at all, Chez re-injures his ankle, Turbo still favours his ankle :confused:

Just thought I would bump this for the people who missed it. Some of the responses are extremely funny predicting top 4 best recruitment in years the funny part is those same people now complaining about the recruiting and bagging the team. Matt was a **** coach but after reading this thread he has more football knowledge than most on forum. Shout out to Mark who didn't get caught up in the zorba and bozo orchestrated media blitz and saw it for what it was a charm offensive.
You can only measure his great knowledge of football by checking his assessments of other teams and how his top 8 predictions end up. Hes bound to get at least one right. And if your assessment of him is that he was a **** coach how do you rate Barrett?

These injuries have plagued us for two years now, can't blame Ferris as Donny had the same issues last year.

Is it that we are so far behind the rest in our facilities?? Weren't we told , and promoted , a brand new " state of the art" training facility earlier in the year or was that just another fluff piece as well?

I have it. The Matt Elliott old mate is talking about is the bloke who opened the batting for Australia.... Ah it's all clear now

Their Team has been consistent as they lost LG in pre season and Mortimer soon after.
Titans have had just as many different combinations in their spine,just as many injuries and only spent half the money Manly did.They are well coached and are a well disciplined side.Tooves had injuries last yr but was not an excuse nor a reason for the Penns to not sack him

Titans have had just as many different combinations in their spine,just as many injuries and only spent half the money Manly did.They are well coached and are a well disciplined side.Tooves had injuries last yr but was not an excuse nor a reason for the Penns to not sack him
Mate get over it Barrett may not be the answer but neither was Tooves.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4