Funny .. or what?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Was the tackle over the top

• Nah, should have dropped a forearm

• Nah, good hit

• Yeah, no need to inflict violence

• Yeah, she got what she deseved

Results are only viewable after voting.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
What is everybody's opinion of the security guard tackle ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220411-123505_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20220411-123505_Google.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 71
Im in the what camp.

Just some monkey wanting to make a name for himself by taking out someone prescious trying to make a name for herself

If that had been a copper , the noise would be deafening,

IF that isnt his x wife, i just dont see the need, joking

hard to say...
Part of me thinks they're plain disruptive ant-social & deserve whatever they get.
On the other hand, yes, more force was used than what's required.

Guess if she's bruised, then tough!
If permanently damaged (unlikely!) then I would feel a little sorry for her

Its a nice tackle.

Yes, it was ... but I think old mate will regret it.

He was security, and no patrons were in danger, his actions were in my opinion out of all context with the circumstances ...

Looks to me like an ex player who just got carried away by testosterone performing in front of a crowd ..

If he was a bouncer on a door i think he would be in trouble.

He was security, and no patrons were in danger, his actions were in my opinion out of all context with the circumstances ...

Looks to me like an ex player who just got carried away by testosterone performing in front of a crowd ..

for sure, even in cases of self defence, excessive force is huuuge

I'm not particularly sympathetic towards the girl because she did a pretty stupid & selfish thing & I think legally the security guard was within his rights to do what he did.

Was it overzealous? Yes, & I reckon old mate thought "you bewdy, I'm entitled to stop & remove any threat to the players safety so I've got carte blanche to smash her" but it's not like he coathangered her & she HAD already run away from one of the other guards so he was doing his job.

She either won't be as keen to invade another pitch or will work on her speed, step & body height instead of running upright towards security again.

The pitch invader at the Sharks game showed how easy it was to get close to the players with a lit flare so player safety could be an issue with these muppets.

Last edited:
Also the Titans bloke claiming it was too heavyhanded is just covering his bases in case of public backlash IMO.

When you look at a wide shot she was a lot closer to Moses and the ref than I first thought. She got a way from one bloke and made a b line towards those two. Now, I think it was all reasonably innocent but he wasn't to know what her intentions were.

On a close up it looks a bit heavy handed, but on the wide shot he takes her out just before she got near Moses and the ref. That's ultimately his job.

I think it is fine - no issue. If it was a scrawny bloke who was on the receiving end, I reckon most would find it funny.

Also, from memory (it’s been a while…), a well executed tackle actually doesn’t hurt that much.

And, the one who should be hanging their head is the first security guard who missed her!

It's tough because you dont want to hurt people but also security are there for a reason, remember Monica Seles...

They can be just assume people are out there for a harmless laugh. For mine if you end the field without authorisation then you have to be deemed a threat to player safety.

I'll preface that I am a hypocrite though as I was on the SCG after Buddy's 1000th

The whole thing was funny. Great entertainment for her to run on the field and great tackle. No one has suffered any lasting effects from the whole drama so we move on. Classic!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12