Funny .. or what?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Was the tackle over the top

• Nah, should have dropped a forearm

• Nah, good hit

• Yeah, no need to inflict violence

• Yeah, she got what she deseved

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think most are ok with it as she laughed it off. If shed stayed down and broken a rib or something it would he a very different story. I wont lie, i chuckled when i saw it, but part of my reaction was the Moses and the ref.

Obviously he didnt need to drop her like he did and the way she was laughing and carrying on most could see there was no threat. Bottom line is, the fool shouldn't have been on the field

Agree.
Got his head in the right position, driving through the tackle, shoulder to the midriff disengaging the attackers momentum…. I give it a 9/10
The impressive thing was she ran outside shoulder but he adjusted and hit from inside out...pretty impressive but definitely capable of going wrong with knee to head.

If he was a bouncer on a door i think he would be in trouble.
In my day the bouncers showed you the fast way down the back stairs... an they were back on the door the next night, and the next, and the next...

Society has become precious - if you play sh*t games, you win sh*t prizes... and I probs deserved to be roughed up on the odd occasion...

@:p

Last edited:
Some of you lot are pretty harsh, surprised no-one has said she should have been shot!
As for supporting the likes of cops and security dishing out illegal violence as punishment, wow! I guess you are all fine with war crimes too on that same basis.

Some of you lot are pretty harsh, surprised no-one has said she should have been shot!
As for supporting the likes of cops and security dishing out illegal violence as punishment, wow! I guess you are all fine with war crimes too on that same basis.
Wow, bit of a stretch SER8... i would argue that advocating that idiots deserve what they get does not equate as innocents should be slaughtered... but whatever...

we live in a soft PC society where everything has to be cotton wool and kid gloves and we ban everyday activities because a couple of people got killed by their own, or their guardian's, stupidity...

The fact that she's giggling & smiling & showing zero remorse about it makes me worry about the future of our planet.
I know.
And they're going to be looking after us, Xers, Boomers, and even you Y - millennial things one day........
Confession time - a young n'pops possibly would have done that back in the day, given the opportunity. And she would have giggled. Her remorse may have been missing.
But hey look. Now I'm an Uber-sensible grownup Silvertail.
And fence jumping is way harder these days.;)

we live in a soft PC society where everything has to be cotton wool and kid gloves and we ban everyday activities because a couple of people got killed by their own, or their guardian's, stupidity...
Speak for yourself, OK I accept you live in a soft pc society with kid gloves and fluffy toys.

Most people I know live in a world where laws are bent and or outright ignored by those powerful enough to benefit from doing so, corruption reigns largely unfettered, and working people battle along as we get drawn closer to war and climate disaster!

Your society does sound nice though!

In my day the bouncers showed you the fast way down the back stairs... an they were back on the door the next night, and the next, and the next...

Society has become precious - if you play sh*t games, you win sh*t prizes... and I probs deserved to be roughed up on the odd occasion...

@:p

Yeah but, even pissed a venue has an obligation to ensure you are confronted by responsible security .. and not some steroid raging homicidal maniac who works doors so he can bash people ... like in the old days

Yeah but, even pissed a venue has an obligation to ensure you are confronted by responsible security .. and not some steroid raging homicidal maniac who works doors so he can bash people ... like in the old days
Say what you like about the old ways but it sure made you consider how to better conduct yourself next time when you woke up the next morning, the alcohol had worn off and you you had a head that felt like a bruised peach all over lol...

Ahhhh... to be young again....

Anyways... she invaded the pitch, she got smashed and she admitted she deserved to be.... I like the girl...

Speak for yourself, OK I accept you live in a soft pc society with kid gloves and fluffy toys.

Most people I know live in a world where laws are bent and or outright ignored by those powerful enough to benefit from doing so, corruption reigns largely unfettered, and working people battle along as we get drawn closer to war and climate disaster!

Your society does sound nice though!
I live in a society where white collar criminals are treated as entrepreneurs and I am constantly dictated what is right and what is wrong by morning TV hosts and a 24 hour news cycle...

Not that different to yours...

Can I raise everyone a topic changing kitten... It's a Main Cheer:p
90.jpeg

Happy Tuesday

She got off lightly compared to the protester who interrupted the Sharks / Tigers game with a flare, he got 3 months jail after the NSW Government changed the laws a few weeks ago to increase penalties for this sort of act.

A protester who ran onto the playing field and lit a flare during the Cronulla-Wests Tigers match on Sunday has been jailed for three months as ARL Commission chairman Peter V’landys and Cronulla CEO Dino Mezzatesta called for harsher penalties to deter pitch invaders.

Andy George, 32, pleaded guilty to two offences in Sutherland Local Court on Monday amid fears from the NRL and Cronulla that protesters will target PointsBet Stadium during the election campaign because Prime Minister Scott Morrison is a Sharks fan.

Noting it was not the first demonstration George had taken part in, Magistrate Phillip Stewart said he had little choice but to give a harsh punishment after the environmental protester pleaded guilty to entering enclosed land without lawful excuse and possessing a bright light distress signal in a public place.

“He’s prepared to be arrested, and he expects to be punished,” Stewart said. “There needs to be a strong message sent to the community and to the offender. No penalty other than prison is appropriate. He’s not remorseful at all, rather his actions were deliberate and calculated.”

The jail sentence came after V’landys labelled George, who was representing protest group Fireproof Australia, an “imbecile”.

The group has since posted on social media to say it would continue with similar protests until its demands, which include immediate rehousing of flood and bushfire survivors, immediate implementation of royal commission recommendations into the Black Summer bushfires, and “smoke-proofing” schools, aged care and disability facilities, are met.

“Having an imbecile running across with a flare not only jeopardises himself but our players. It’s not acceptable. You can protest, but protest without possibly hurting someone,” V’landys said.

“We have to do something. We just can’t have people with flares running across a rugby league field. It’s dangerous. What else are they going to bring? Are they going to bring Molotov cocktails? What are they going to do?”

Mezzatesta spent Monday reviewing the incident with police, and told the Herald the club will almost certainly hire more security and make them more visible at future home games.

“We’ve done copious reviews from last night to today, not only with our security company, but the police as well,” Mezzatesta said. “We are making sure we are prepared. It’s all about the safety of the players and officials on the pitch, but also the people at the stadium watching the games.

“This individual has nothing to do with rugby league. He’s used the event to try and make a statement.

“We review after every event anyway, but we have reviewed the amount of security available, where we position them and certainly react a bit quicker as to safety and get people around. We hope there are no repeats but in the time we’re in, you have to be prepared.”

She got off lightly compared to the protester who interrupted the Sharks / Tigers game with a flare, he got 3 months jail after the NSW Government changed the laws a few weeks ago to increase penalties for this sort of act.

A protester who ran onto the playing field and lit a flare during the Cronulla-Wests Tigers match on Sunday has been jailed for three months as ARL Commission chairman Peter V’landys and Cronulla CEO Dino Mezzatesta called for harsher penalties to deter pitch invaders.

Andy George, 32, pleaded guilty to two offences in Sutherland Local Court on Monday amid fears from the NRL and Cronulla that protesters will target PointsBet Stadium during the election campaign because Prime Minister Scott Morrison is a Sharks fan.

Noting it was not the first demonstration George had taken part in, Magistrate Phillip Stewart said he had little choice but to give a harsh punishment after the environmental protester pleaded guilty to entering enclosed land without lawful excuse and possessing a bright light distress signal in a public place.

“He’s prepared to be arrested, and he expects to be punished,” Stewart said. “There needs to be a strong message sent to the community and to the offender. No penalty other than prison is appropriate. He’s not remorseful at all, rather his actions were deliberate and calculated.”

The jail sentence came after V’landys labelled George, who was representing protest group Fireproof Australia, an “imbecile”.

The group has since posted on social media to say it would continue with similar protests until its demands, which include immediate rehousing of flood and bushfire survivors, immediate implementation of royal commission recommendations into the Black Summer bushfires, and “smoke-proofing” schools, aged care and disability facilities, are met.

“Having an imbecile running across with a flare not only jeopardises himself but our players. It’s not acceptable. You can protest, but protest without possibly hurting someone,” V’landys said.

“We have to do something. We just can’t have people with flares running across a rugby league field. It’s dangerous. What else are they going to bring? Are they going to bring Molotov cocktails? What are they going to do?”

Mezzatesta spent Monday reviewing the incident with police, and told the Herald the club will almost certainly hire more security and make them more visible at future home games.

“We’ve done copious reviews from last night to today, not only with our security company, but the police as well,” Mezzatesta said. “We are making sure we are prepared. It’s all about the safety of the players and officials on the pitch, but also the people at the stadium watching the games.

“This individual has nothing to do with rugby league. He’s used the event to try and make a statement.

“We review after every event anyway, but we have reviewed the amount of security available, where we position them and certainly react a bit quicker as to safety and get people around. We hope there are no repeats but in the time we’re in, you have to be prepared.”
So flare on a footy field for 5 min is 3 months jail but disrupting Sydney traffic and the container terminal for 3 hours by sitting on the road and fixing yourself to a pole (same dingbats) leads to 1 arrest and no jail time...

...yeah, makes sense... shakes head

fwiw... I am not saying either is right - just pointing out the disproportionate "justice" response...

So flare on a footy field for 5 min is 3 months jail but disrupting Sydney traffic and the container terminal for 3 hours by sitting on the road and fixing yourself to a pole (same dingbats) leads to 1 arrest and no jail time...

No this goose was just the first since the new rules

fwiw... I am not saying either is right - just pointing out the disproportionate "justice" response...
Actually the last of those protesters near Port Botany got 4 months in jail.

Actually the last of those protesters near Port Botany got 4 months in jail.
Missed that story... seems that there is some consistency after all and sh*t prizes are available to all that wish to step up and spin the wheel...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12