• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
voicefromthehill said:
TokyoEagle said:
Jerry1 said:
TokyoEagle said:
Jerry1 said:
JT was robbed - Gallen was beaten.

That is sport, it doesn't give you an excuse to act like a spoilt brat after a decision goes against you. How many times do we see teams score off the back of a penalty that wasn't justified, a dropped ball that was raked etc.. Does that then allow every captain to claim that the NRL is biased towards their team ?
Tell that to tooves. Mate he was robbed. We'd be spewing too. He'll I am still pissed at cechin for the ox penalty against the titans.

Their is a difference between questioning a decision and calling the whole competition as rigged. Why wasn't he fined ? I am not too sure that Toovey deserved a fine a few weeks ago, at what part of Toovey's rant did he lose his cool and say the refs were inept, was it the ridiculous call ?

The grammar Gods are crying

@voicefromthehill, thanks for the input into the discussion. Up there with post of the year.

TokyoEagle said:
voicefromthehill said:
TokyoEagle said:
Jerry1 said:
TokyoEagle said:
That is sport, it doesn't give you an excuse to act like a spoilt brat after a decision goes against you. How many times do we see teams score off the back of a penalty that wasn't justified, a dropped ball that was raked etc.. Does that then allow every captain to claim that the NRL is biased towards their team ?
Tell that to tooves. Mate he was robbed. We'd be spewing too. He'll I am still pissed at cechin for the ox penalty against the titans.

Their is a difference between questioning a decision and calling the whole competition as rigged. Why wasn't he fined ? I am not too sure that Toovey deserved a fine a few weeks ago, at what part of Toovey's rant did he lose his cool and say the refs were inept, was it the ridiculous call ?

The grammar Gods are crying

@voicefromthehill, thanks for the input into the discussion. Up there with post of the year.

I have lofty aspirations @tokyoeagle, I hope my brief interlude didn't interfere with your winning buzz

Jerry1 said:
TokyoEagle said:
Have to agree, Jonathan Thurston could take a leaf out of Gallen's book.

JT was beaten - Gallen was beaten.

The cowboys had enough opportunities to win that game last week. To harp on about a 7 tackle play with 72 minutes of the game remaining. It was a mistake, refs have made them again and again. I felt sorry for the Cowboys after i heard about the 7th tackle but JT's and NH's attacks and blatant accusations of match fixing have really hurt their images. They had the game in the bag and let it slip away plain and simple.

Gallen sounded to me like a man who before the game had already accepted the loss. In saying that the bloke is a Warrior and always gives his best.

You can't take that try off me. I beat 5 blokes!

Jerry1 said:
TokyoEagle said:
Jerry1 said:
TokyoEagle said:
Have to agree, Jonathan Thurston could take a leaf out of Gallen's book.

JT had hours to get his head sorted and address the situation in a far more mature manner, than he did when interviewed at Townsville airport.

Gallen had just busted his arse for 80mins and had his tail up going into the last 10mins, only to fall short, but had the qualities to look at the result in a balanced way in the immediate aftermath.

If JT had Gallen's leadership qualities, the Cowboys wouldn't be the underperformers they have been in recent seasons.

Gallen would have looked like a fool if he whinged after telling the cowboys to 'get over it'. He would have loved to have a cry though I reckon.

I think deep down Gallen wished he'd signed with Manly when he had the chance. Would've had 2 premierships on his résumé, and now he will retire without winning one.

Gallen now has the ASADA game to play. He's a grub, and perhaps something else, and one interview doesn't pull the wool over my eyes.

Garts said:
Loved how when Gallen was speaking to Hayne when his no try was being checked upstairs. "You cannot take that off me, I beat 5 guys".

yeah that was the call of the night, with Jamie standing there laughing at him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6