Gallop stands down as ARLC boss

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wolfpack said:
She's pretty average. Get out in Sydney on any given day & you will forget that she even exists.

But we all know you have average taste princess.

Wolfpack said:
She's pretty average. Get out in Sydney on any given day & you will forget that she even exists.

Don't worry plenty on my train to work and from work each day are better BUT she does brighten up the day when she comes on....maybe we should nominate her for the CEO job??

As if Greenturd is a chance. I said six months ago that Gallop would last six months after the establishment of the Independent Commission. He's had his head chopped off in an internal power struggle, and the new CEO is the architect of Gallops downfall.

I'll laugh myself stupid if Todd gets the job (and being talked up all over the TV channels tonight). Not because of the direction the game may take, but because every person at the Doggies from Hasler down will have to re-establish their power structures. And that will kill any remote chance they had this season.

Surely to God this Greenburg thing cannot be true. I ran into an old client of mine who now works at the Bulldogs and when I brought up Gallop getting punted his response was-
"You know who will make a really good CEO, Todd Greenburg. As much as I don't want to lose him at the Bulldogs it would be great for Rugby League"

He said this with a smirk on his face and I just took it that he was **** stirring because he knows I hate Greenburg. Now I'm not so sure.

It wasn't long ago that we had Shane Richardson announcing in the media 'his' idea of playing all Sydney games at two main stadiums. This couldn't have received a more negative response from fans if it tried yet a couple of months later we find out that this was not just an idea, the NRL already had a complete plan ready to present to club CEO's including financials, details on members seating arrangements, hospitality etc etc.

Now we have another talking head in Annesley telling Journalists he thinks Greenburg would be the best option. Where there is smoke there may be fire and so far this does seem to be the modus operandi of the new commission. First they test the water by having one person release a statement to media making out it is their idea alone and if response is good proceed, if the response is bad, do it anyway.

Im hearing Warren Wilson is in the running...Not my top choice ,but wtf would I know !!

robbiea said:
Im hearing Warren Wilson is in the running...Not my top choice ,but wtf would I know !!

And John Grant. He would change his role to Executive Chairman

Mals said:
robbiea said:

Yes that's what kent said last night on fox. It sounds like grant is quite the control freak and has an ego to rival harrigan. Interesting times ahead.

Cameron said:
Mals said:
robbiea said:

Yes that's what kent said last night on fox. It sounds like grant is quite the control freak and has an ego to rival harrigan. Interesting times ahead.

Grant has the runs on the board as far as commercial success goes.

Ego is needed in such a macho sport - full of old boofhead Players butting in.

Great to see change at long last :angel:

The only losers in all of this is gallop and news and they are painting grant as some ego maniac control freak. We all know gallop had to go, and he did very quickly. Good job. Lets all draw our own conclusions. We all know what agenda kent is like, If he has called grant a control freak he is a 955 chance of being wrong

Until now , we know very little about grant except the changes he has introduced and what news ltd spoon feed us

He can kick the NRL cat all he likes, by sacking gallop mid TV contract he has made news ltd and channel 9 very nervous I would think. Interesting how much of the contract negs get printed in the press and Grant apparently hates leaks. We also read half the commission have no idea how the deal is progressing because they are keeping it close to their chest and kent reports about 7 and 9 forming a partnership.He is very lucky to have such information

Its all very interesting

"Nice" piece in todays "Bronco Mail" editorial, about what a wonderful job the Galloping Goose did over 10 years.....just another News Ltd paper dribbling as far as I am concerned.

There's no doubt the game is not in a worse position than it was 10 years after he took control, BUT he had some drama's along the way and the negotiations for the current TV contract are the biggest and most glaring issue, and how much better a position could the game be in if the current contract was the same (or better) than the previous AFL contract.

It was most certainly the case of "giving it one hand and taking it with the other" and the comparison of the previous AFL rights and the current NRL rights was literally "chalk and cheese".

Naturally New Ltd are proud of "their man" and will write in a glowing way about him, but that's only because they inserted a puppet and he screwed the game (for them).

Grant is clearly "hard nosed"...and good on him, long may it continue!!

thunderbirds+222.jpg

David-Gallop-quits-297x202.jpg

Which of these two puppets has gone?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4