Gallop stands down as ARLC boss

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jatz Crackers said:
The ARLC board will now need to appoint a new CEO andin the interim the head of strategy Shane Mattiske will operate in the role.

Shane "Snowy" Mattiske is a top bloke who will do a good job steering the ship while a replacement is found.

bazeagle said:
Chip and Chase said:
Someone please put Bazeagle on suicide watch.

Good riddance to the muppet
Stupid disrespectful post Chip & Chase both to me and Gallop.
Gallop did a good job in pretty difficult circumstances and it's good to acknowledge that. Be interesting to see who gets the gig.
However, officially and from me: you can go and get stuffed.

Is that "get stuffed" issued in your official capacity as President of the David Gallop fan club ? Or do you hold some other statutory position we aren't aware of ?

It'll be alright mate. Time heals all wounds.

kingyfan said:
He took a group of female journalists for lunch at Otto recently. maybe he got caught doing the woolloomoloo waltz with one of them?
Well in the article it said bourbon Beckie was there as well.

What was that 80s song History Never repeats, I tell myself before I go to sleep. ;)

Chip and Chase said:
bazeagle said:
Chip and Chase said:
Someone please put Bazeagle on suicide watch.

Good riddance to the muppet
Stupid disrespectful post Chip & Chase both to me and Gallop.
Gallop did a good job in pretty difficult circumstances and it's good to acknowledge that. Be interesting to see who gets the gig.
However, officially and from me: you can go and get stuffed.

Is that "get stuffed" issued in your official capacity as President of the David Gallop fan club ? Or do you hold some other statutory position we aren't aware of ?

It'll be alright mate. Time heals all wounds.

Anyone who thinks Gallop was good is a complete moron

Suspended a man before trial and unconvicted man
Called a set of fans terrorists
Undersold the TV Rights which was absolutely pathetic

He did nothing right other than **** the ARL alligned clubs

bones said:
Anyone but Greenburg.

No offense Bones, but I'd love to have Greenberg, as long as he works for everyone, not just the Bulldogs. Any man that can pull Des from Manly like he did is a master manipulator, and a man you definitely want on you side. Instead of fighting him, I'd love to have him in charge of everyone.

Unfortunately, his ties with the Dogs I see as a massive hurdle to him getting the job.

Mals said:
Jatz Crackers said:
The ARLC board will now need to appoint a new CEO andin the interim the head of strategy Shane Mattiske will operate in the role.

Shane "Snowy" Mattiske is a top bloke who will do a good job steering the ship while a replacement is found.

Never heard of him before. Any info?

All these journos and people saying that gallop has improved the game in the last 10 years need a history lesson. The game was kicking ass before gallop and his news ltd knobs started super leauge and it took at least 15 years to get back anywhere near where it was. The only reason that the game has been getting better over the last 10 years is because of the damage done by gallop 20 odd years ago. FFS such short memories out there.

manlyfan76 said:
All these journos and people saying that gallop has improved the game in the last 10 years need a history lesson. The game was kicking ass before gallop and his news ltd knobs started super leauge and it took at least 15 years to get back anywhere near where it was. The only reason that the game has been getting better over the last 10 years is because of the damage done by gallop 20 odd years ago. FFS such short memories out there.

this

575711_249950058439796_1050281994_n.jpg

I read that the next CEO should come from within the game.

He should still be in the game - Grant Mayer.

Vote 1 Grant Mayer for next NRL CEO!

Very promising start by the Independent Commission.

A fresh broom is needed through all the News Ltd appointees, all the News Ltd yes-men. Anyone with the News Ltd stench needs to go. People like Gallop and Harrigan.

Bring in people singularly loyal to the game, that bleed for the game. People like Quayle and Arko.

Brissie Kid said:
I read that the next CEO should come from within the game.

He should still be in the game - Grant Mayer.

Vote 1 Grant Mayer for next NRL CEO!

This

Loving the fact that Grant has seen him as what he is a reactive CEO as opposed to a forward thinker.

The next person I hope gets the tv deal right, does this for expansion Perth, Brisbane 2 and then lays the foundations down for another 2 teams (people thinking that teams like the bears will get in are sadly mistaken offer little to a future tv deal), help push forward a kiwi origin series, pacific allstars and avenues to add to leagues revenue streams.

Which brings about my next thing can someone lock David Perry in his office

Jono said:
Mals said:

Never heard of him before. Any info?

Shane is an experienced sports administrator having worked with the ARU before coming across to the NRL a number of years ago. He had his own sports consultancy business as well.

Read News Ltd Phil Rothfield bleating about the loss of Gallop, and the loss of his (Rothfield's) power. And read Rothfield's attacks on John Grant.

Read between the lines, and this bleating points directly to a major reason why News Ltd Gallop had to go:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/john-grant-and-david-gallop-were-doomed-to-fall-out/story-e6frexnr-1226385379082

D..G - Karma is a Bitch :p

Must have been the 'wrong body shape' for the ARL forward thinkers :D

Now, maybe, the Scum won't get cash support that the struggling heart of the ARL Sydney sides were not privy to.:dodgy:

Great to hear that a truly independent and experienced Company are the ones that are negotiating the TV Rights - no more 'mates rates' for Nine and News Ltd.

I would have a little chuckle if Greenberg ends up at the NRL

If nothing else the impact on the dogs etc...

bob dylan said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Thanks to whichever Mod fixed that up for me!!

Oh and David "shut the door on the way out please"

The error cause by a rush of blood usually only affected by #hotTABgirl appearance on tv

"Jamie Rogers here from TAB Sportsbet"

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4