• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If the NSW cup team struggles next year then Willow should be on the chopping block, they have more than enough talent to compete in that comp but they have just been inconsistent. One week they'll look like an NRL team & the next like a Bundy cup team. A year of adjustment under the belt of the boys that came up from NYC last year should do them a world of good.

As for the NYC, it's hard to put it all on Penna, you have to account for how well he's had the NYC playing in the past. This year there is just a lack of talent in the team, the only one that looks like he's going to be anything is Stromquist.

The SCSE was a great relationship, and gained the Eagles a lot of supporters up this way...you only have to go to a Suncorp game these days to se that

Kiwi Eagle said:
The over the top Ryan is back, welcome mate !!

Sack both coaches ? Williamson's squad was a last minute thing thrown together with the minimum preparation, and Penna was good enough to have the 20s up near the top of the table for 2 years running. The facts on the 20s are the club doesn't have the money to invest in it and concentrate on the top side

The 20s comp is crap anyway, should be renamed the national touch footy comp. I may be wrong here but im pretty sure riccardi still qualifies for it but we chose to play him in the NSW Cup

Ryan said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Ryan said:
NYC are a disgrace to both our brand, and the sponsor on the jersey - All Safe.

As for first grade, it concerns me that Buhrer is out - BIG time.

It sure was a flogging, zero defence!!

Not just that game mate. They have lost 18, won 4, and are minus 349 plus minus differential. Worst ever Manly team from any grade I have ever seen.

Time for Penna / Willow to leave immediately.

If you want an ex player as a coach, Ben Kennedy would be great. He'd have much better expectation than both the existing two. Like Des, he'd get lesser known players to lift.

Both current teams have given up, and don't care.

Dude, your cupping the farts from the club, and keeping it to use as aftershave again. Again, Penna has never won a final (even though he had a team that should have won that comp), and what confidence would Willow give anyone. He was a mediocre player, and as you can see, his team is following suit.

CLIT COMMANDER said:
mickqld said:
NYC gets flogged means first grade we will SMASH those stinking dogs. If not then I promise Mark I wont go schizophrenic after the match. No drinks this arvo.........unless we lose then I'm hitting the bottle.

it's just not footy without a beer, is it?

Ok C.C you've convinced me. Knocking the top of a Carlton Cold right now.

Wolfpack said:
If the NSW cup team struggles next year then Willow should be on the chopping block, they have more than enough talent to compete in that comp but they have just been inconsistent. One week they'll look like an NRL team & the next like a Bundy cup team. A year of adjustment under the belt of the boys that came up from NYC last year should do them a world of good.

As for the NYC, it's hard to put it all on Penna, you have to account for how well he's had the NYC playing in the past. This year there is just a lack of talent in the team, the only one that looks like he's going to be anything is Stromquist.

You on your IPHONE Wolfie, surely you are at the game???

mickqld said:
CLIT COMMANDER said:
mickqld said:
NYC gets flogged means first grade we will SMASH those stinking dogs. If not then I promise Mark I wont go schizophrenic after the match. No drinks this arvo.........unless we lose then I'm hitting the bottle.

Willpower of a flea!!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
Wolfpack said:

mickqld said:
CLIT COMMANDER said:
mickqld said:

Willpower of a flea!!!

Hahahaha Mark how long you give me before the bull**** comments come dribbling out of the keyboard.

Dude, your cupping the farts from the club, and keeping it to use as aftershave again.
Good to have you back Ryan. I don't think many
could pull off that metaphorical brilliance like above!:p

The money simply isn't put into the 20s, Graham Lowe was asked on TV over here a few weeks back why our 20s are in the state they are, and he said that we simply don't have the budget and Des prefers the money spent on the top squad. There was also an article in RLW a few weeks back where 1 of our good 20s players from the past couple of years wanted to stay on with us, but we couldn't provide anything worthwhile to keep him here so he is back in Qld playing now

As for Williamsons playing record, your point ? How did Bellamy and Bennett go in their 1st grade careers ?

Ryan said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Sack both coaches ? Williamson's squad was a last minute thing thrown together with the minimum preparation, and Penna was good enough to have the 20s up near the top of the table for 2 years running. The facts on the 20s are the club doesn't have the money to invest in it and concentrate on the top side

The 20s comp is crap anyway, should be renamed the national touch footy comp. I may be wrong here but im pretty sure riccardi still qualifies for it but we chose to play him in the NSW Cup

Ryan said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Ryan said:
NYC are a disgrace to both our brand, and the sponsor on the jersey - All Safe.

As for first grade, it concerns me that Buhrer is out - BIG time.

Not just that game mate. They have lost 18, won 4, and are minus 349 plus minus differential. Worst ever Manly team from any grade I have ever seen.

If you want an ex player as a coach, Ben Kennedy would be great. He'd have much better expectation than both the existing two. Like Des, he'd get lesser known players to lift.

Dude, your cupping the farts from the club, and keeping it to use as aftershave again. Again, Penna has never won a final (even though he had a team that should have won that comp), and what confidence would Willow give anyone. He was a mediocre player, and as you can see, his team is following suit.

wombat - Thanks mate, I'm here all week, try the veal. Lets hope no-one suggests my murder this time round.

Very overcast at the game - no rain as yet but looking like we will get wet again.
Crowd looks about 11K but brooky fills up late.

Changes for Bulldogs: Dene Halatau OUT, Stagg to lock and Warburton to bench. Armit OUT, Paea to bench. Romelo to start, Keating to bench.

MANLY FINAL TEAM LIST: Jamie Buhrer is out due to illness and Shane Rodney to start

Brett Stewart
Michael robertson
Jamie Lyon (c)
Steve Matai
David Williams
Kieran Foran
Daly cherry-Evans
George Rose
Matt Ballin
Brent Kite
Anthony Watmough
Shane Rodney
Glenn Stewart

Joe Galuvao
Darcy Lussick
Tony Williams
Tim Robinson

mickqld said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Wolfpack said:

mickqld said:
CLIT COMMANDER said:
mickqld said:

Willpower of a flea!!!

Hahahaha Mark how long you give me before the bull**** comments come dribbling out of the keyboard.

2.10pm at the latest

Williamson has a pretty good team on paper!! oldfield, whare, riccardi, liam foran, cross, higgins, seu seu etc, not sure why they haven't done well? Penna has had little to work with, I saw the team in an early season trial and it was obvious they would really struggle. Makes watching 2 grades a bit harder.

Kiwi Eagle said:
The money simply isn't put into the 20s, Graham Lowe was asked on TV over here a few weeks back why our 20s are in the state they are, and he said that we simply don't have the budget and Des prefers the money spent on the top squad. There was also an article in RLW a few weeks back where 1 of our good 20s players from the past couple of years wanted to stay on with us, but we couldn't provide anything worthwhile to keep him here so he is back in Qld playing now

As for Williamsons playing record, your point ? How did Bellamy and Bennett go in their 1st grade careers ?

Ryan said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Ryan said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Are you saying Willow's temperament is akin to Bennett and/or Bellamy? Please Kiwi, tell me your not !! Hell, maybe I should have tried out for the lead in Conan The Barbarian.

You see what I mean?

Also, The SCSE were on a limited budget, and how did they fare? Don't make excuses Kiwi, The QLD Eagles are calling you a liar, see the results.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Changes for Bulldogs: Dene Halatau OUT, Stagg to lock and Warburton to bench. Armit OUT, Paea to bench. Romelo to start, Keating to bench.

MANLY FINAL TEAM LIST: Jamie Buhrer is out due to illness and Shane Rodney to start

Brett Stewart
Michael robertson
Jamie Lyon (c)
Steve Matai
David Williams
Kieran Foran
Daly cherry-Evans
George Rose
Matt Ballin
Brent Kite
Anthony Watmough
Shane Rodney
Glenn Stewart

Joe Galuvao
Darcy Lussick
Tony Williams
Tim Robinson

Not a bad looking team

Darren said:
Williamson has a pretty good team on paper!! oldfield, whare, riccardi, liam foran, cross, higgins, seu seu etc, not sure why they haven't done well? Penna has had little to work with, I saw the team in an early season trial and it was obvious they would really struggle. Makes watching 2 grades a bit harder.

I'd say the outside back shuffle might be a reason why.

But in saying that would love to have Costin back coaching the reggies

I don't know and haven't been coached by any of them to judge Ryan

The Qld Cup Eagles had a full off season and a core squad training together all off season to get combinations and things sorted, and didn't have a coach appointed to them at the last second. You're comparing apples with oranges mate.

You have filled the time nicely until 1st grade, thanx mate, why the hell aren't you there !!

Mark from Brisbane said:
mickqld said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Wolfpack said:

mickqld said:
CLIT COMMANDER said:

Willpower of a flea!!!

2.10pm at the latest

Its not looking good. Think we're gone.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4