GAME DAY - Finals Week 2, 2015

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Archer in SMH: "Matt Cecchin was comfortable that Evans had put the ball on or over the try line, and only requested the video referees look at it to ensure the Roosters interchange prop had not fumbled the ball".

So does that mean the video ref can only check what the on-field ref admits to being unsure about?

I said in another thread...(maybe this one) but the nrl really has to remove the "Sanctity of the referees and replace it with the professionalism of correctness."

However, reading that greenburg stated that they aren't going to change the referral system (ref will still need to say try or no try) and the reluctance to introduce a captains call shows they are not interested in doing so.

It makes one wonder why they wish to leave so many 'subjective' areas in the game.

The tinfoilers out there would certainly think that something is rotten in the state of Denmark and it's getting harder to dismiss their concerns.

I wonder if they would consider changing the referral system if that try had been awarded to Manly... Whatever happened to benefit of the doubt anyway?

I thought benefit of the doubt was removed because the media kept hyping that the ref's should be the ones making the decisions...especially when the vidiots would refer the decisions back to the ref's on occasions.

Just remembered....also in the sharks v cowboys game, there was a backline move from cronulla...a cowboy player knocked the ball forward....as it was going across the sideline a sharks player flicked it back into play....a cowboy grabbed it and almost ran the length of the field.

Should've been played as a knock on cowboys but it got missed. Commentators mentioned it then quickly shut up about it.

Benefit was a better system... What we have now is crap decisions being let go as know nobody wants to stick their neck out.

Looks like we could get an all QLD final... Jeez they'll be pissed at having to play it in Sydney.

http://silvertails.net/threads/2015-premiers-who-and-why.47067/page-2#post-727577
You'll hear an endless wailing should this occur (and some total BS about how every 2nd GF should be in Brisbane), unfortunately like all BS in this game now....it will happen........

Same thing in the AFL actually. There is a very real possibility that it will be the two Perth teams in the AFL Grand Final which will be played at the MCG. But unlike the Queenslanders who think they are entitled to everything, the amount of calls to move the AFL GF to Perth (who's current stadium holds about 57k less than the MCG) won't be loud.

If you know your rugby league history.....just note that the seeds of the Super League war were sewn in 1993 when Arko and John Quayle refused to move the GF from the 42k capacity SFS to the 60k capacity QE2 in Brisbane. Ribo and Porky Morgan went away believing they would never get a fair deal as long as the "Sydney establishment" was in charge of things.

Last edited:
If you know your rugby league history.....just note that the seeds of the Super League war were sewn in 1993 when Arko and John Quayle refused to move the GF from the 42k capacity SFS to the 60k capacity QE2 in Brisbane. Ribo and Porky Morgan went away believing they would never get a fair deal as long as the "Sydney establishment" was in charge of things.

Excellent point, based on this I think the Rorters and Drizzle can start organising their 'Mad Mondays'. Ironically the Sydney venue now holds 30000+ more than the an alternative Brisbane venue, can't see that little fact stopping the push that will come once the final nail on Super League victory gets hammered in next weekend......:sick:

So far there has only been one NRL Grand Final that has involved two teams who played in the 1997 SL. That was the 1998 GF between the Donkeys and Scumdogs. Excluding GF's the Drizzle played, there have been three NRL GF's involving all-ARL loyal clubs (note that the Drizzle weren't actually a SL team despite being owned by News Ltd. as their first year was 1998).

Not only was that "try" a disgrace, the RTS try a few minutes later that put the game completely out of reach for the scumdogs had a pass that was easily a metre forward in the early phase of the play, but as per usual the replays started after the pass and commentators didn't say a thing.....too busy laughing at their own jokes to notice.......midwife Rabs, WTF is going on there??!!, he's definitely losing it
He never had it

Benefit was a better system... What we have now is crap decisions being let go as know nobody wants to stick their neck out.

I've been watching the rugby world cup and when the ref isn't sure he sends it upstairs with a "Is it a try or no try?" question. He'll usually say "I think it is but..."

And surprisingly no one's head has exploded. So I don't know what greenberg's problem with it is.

He says the system is supported by the clubs and coaches....but with a 10k fine for speaking ill of anything officialdom related.....how would he know they don't like something!

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...-with-no-opinion/story-fn2mcuj6-1227534806893

Last edited:
Just remembered....also in the sharks v cowboys game, there was a backline move from cronulla...a cowboy player knocked the ball forward....as it was going across the sideline a sharks player flicked it back into play....a cowboy grabbed it and almost ran the length of the field.

Should've been played as a knock on cowboys but it got missed. Commentators mentioned it then quickly shut up about it.

Wasn't it the sharks or was that another one. At one point I remember almost a carbon copy of the sharks "try of the year" against us in Round 26 only more obviously a knock on. When he took off I remember thinking "if he's smart he will get tackled just short of the line so they can't go upstairs" but I think they got him just past halfway.

dunno.

boh2.gif

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10