GAME DAY - Finals Week 2, 2015

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Are the Cows this good or have the Sharks simply been shocking tonight?

Final PtB score: 123 legal, 97 illegal.

Are the Cows this good or have the Sharks simply been shocking tonight?

Final PtB score: 123 legal, 97 illegal.
Cows are good mate, have been below their best last few weeks, but thought they lifted their intensity another gear tonight. Should beat Melbourne, as long as the refs dont allow melbourne to continue hold and wrestle and lie all over the player

Everyone raves about johns being the best but I'll take Thurston anyday. So that's johns 3rd Thurston 2nd and dce first. Ohhhhhh yeeeeh. Lol .

Sharks had a go but dropped a far too much ball to compete but the Cows forwards were very strong! Can Cartwright bring some of those boppas down with him?

Cowboys kicking game was exceptional. Their big men got the job done easily.

The storm will beat them next week, though I would love to see the Cowboys go all the way.

Bronco's v Storm grand final.

Everyone raves about johns being the best but I'll take Thurston anyday. So that's johns 3rd Thurston 2nd and dce first. Ohhhhhh yeeeeh. Lol .
I would love to see DCE play behind a cowboys or roosters pack. With his flair and speed and fend and room, he would be sensational. All we have to do now is somehow get tamou, scott, talmo etc to come to manly

Unless the Drizzle are allowed to wrestle the crap out of the game, the Cowgirls should win next week.

And I expect the Rorters to continue getting their free ride on things like forward passes against the Donkeys.

Personally I'm finding it hard to pick one here. Both the Cows and Rorters were good this weekend, but their opposition wasn't.

Cowboys kicking game was exceptional. Their big men got the job done easily.

The storm will beat them next week, though I would love to see the Cowboys go all the way.

Bronco's v Storm grand final.
Storm will only beat them if Cowboys are off and storm are allowed to get away with the wrestle. If cowboys forwards play like that they will beat the storm.

Sharks are about what Manly would have been in the finals this year, had they fluked it in.
So, after everything, it's probably better that Manly are 2 weeks rested rather than recovering from a crushing loss tonight.
Cowboys, Storm, Roosters, and Broncos were the top 4 and have been streets better than the rest when they play with semi final intensity.
NYEagle

Storm will only beat them if Cowboys are off and storm are allowed to get away with the wrestle. If cowboys forwards play like that they will beat the storm.

Love to see the Cowboys go all the way, like I said, but the Sharks were woeful tonight. The Storm in Melbourne with Cronk, Munster and Smith will present a much harder task than what the Cowboys faced tonight. They'll be up against a home crowd, a mobile forward pack and a good kicking game. And they've had the week off. Thurston will have to be on song.

I can't see the Rorters or Cowgirls getting beaten this week.

The Dogs struggled to beat St. Merge who were pretty ordinary. The Rorters will dust them. The Gummies are wasting their time in Townsville. I can't even see it being close.

It's not often I'm right. But......I told you so.

Home teams seem to get the right calls from refs and the momentum of the game. Was at last night's game and the turnaround with no try which was awarded then the forward pass, changed the momentum of the game. Agree with the blatant shoulder charge by Napa far worse than Mason's.
Makes the fans wonder who is getting the brown paper bags.
Also great publicity stunt from the newspaper before the game saying that the referee penalised the Roosters more than any team in the comp.
No prizes to say who was going yo get the breaks then.

Wasn't sure in this game who I wanted to win. More like who I wanted to lose...less.

cowboys - well it's always good to see a qld based team lose so in my ealrier days that'd be a no brainer.

But Cronulla....with rothfool as their mouthpiece, ennis who is just a dirt bag, Manly's rivalry with them in the early days.....cant say I wanted them to win either.

I think the fact that a whole bunch of them admitted to taking banned substances...and only getting a slap on the wrist tipped the scales against them for me. I understand not everyone agrees but I have some minor involvement with some athletes and they all say that if they admitted it....it's a 2 year ban no ifs or buts. Yet cronulla do it, claim they are the real victims....and are all playing this year. So no way I wanted them even to get close to a GF.

That 'opinion' said.... Guess I was going for nth qld.

Moving on.....

I think Vossy may have said this recently but it's funny (and I think wrong) that a Cronulla kick was taken with a cowboy foot on the line....centimetres in it and result: A penalty to the cowboys way back on the 50mtr line. when morgan kicks for touch....he oversteps the mark by a metre or so. The result...nothing.

Happens every penalty kick..... I know.

btw.....Has Napa been charged yet for his shoulder charge?

Last edited:
If Napa is not charged this game is just a joke. Compared to headbutts, tripping, throwing water bottles, swinging arms from Inglis......any more? Poor Willie looks an angel.
Why isn't there more publicity about this? Oh Sorry he plays for the Roosters, big Nick will hold the fort there. Who thinks it wasn't a shoulder charge?

Archer in SMH: "Matt Cecchin was comfortable that Evans had put the ball on or over the try line, and only requested the video referees look at it to ensure the Roosters interchange prop had not fumbled the ball".

So does that mean the video ref can only check what the on-field ref admits to being unsure about?

It amazes me that we see totally subjective obstruction calls overturned so regularly but when a replay shows the ball on the ground short of the line (100%) and the ball coming lose (90% sure of this) where the only real question was knock on or penalty for double movement, the try is awarded because the video ref can't be 100% sure of a fumble. If that was the case, then it's a penalty for double movement! The video ref shouldn't discount the penalty option just because the on-field ref just asked about the knock on. The ball was clearly grounded short of the line.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8