LiveBlog GAME DAY - Manly v Broncos Round 21, 2015 - Toovey Farewell Tour [1298628]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Nice quote from Wayne Bennett in his presser.....

Journo: Any injuries to report?
Bennett: No. You have to play hard to get injuries.

Love him or hate him, he doesn't pull punches does he. The Donkey's put in a very Newcastle 2014 like performance tonight. If I have to give one of them credit for tonight it would probably be Thaiday. He was taking some strong hit ups in the second half and was at least trying to lift his team.
Lol @ the Dogs this Friday night....they are in for a flogging.

upload_2015-8-2_8-27-13.png

Killer the Air Walker - my fave try from last night. Incredible athletes - incredible win :inlove:

Read this on the bronco forums.

****ing gutted. Too pissed off to look at any positives. **** you Manly and **** you Jamie "Everything just always ****ing turns to gold for me against Brisbane" Lyon. I'm going to go and do the dishes and then vacuum the house. That way when I wake up tomorrow I can go "oh well, at least the kitchen and floors are clean".

I just love, not just what our team can do to other teams. But what our team can do to the mental health of other teams supporters..

****ing gutted. Too pissed off to look at any positives. **** you Manly and **** you Jamie "Everything just always ****ing turns to gold for me against Brisbane" Lyon. I'm going to go and do the dishes and then vacuum the house. That way when I wake up tomorrow I can go "oh well, at least the kitchen and floors are clean".

I just love, not just what our team can do to other teams. But what our team can do to the mental health of other teams supporters..
Geez, Wayne seems a bit pissed off.Hope he remembered to put on his apron.
Speaking of Wayne, Lil' Brain Wayne seems a bit conspicuous by his absence after our big win.

Last edited:

We are a real thorn in the Broncos side and I love sticking it up that arrogant one town club. We are only one of two teams that they have a less than 50% winning record against.

They are right in saying that Lyon has a blinder just about everytime he plays them, as does Cherry-Evans.

As good as we were they were pretty average

A question for the more savvy on here - doyou think they were affected by not playing on a Friday night? Having a different preparation (even if it is longer) than they are used to?

As good as we were they were pretty average

A question for the more savvy on here - doyou think they were affected by not playing on a Friday night? Having a different preparation (even if it is longer) than they are used to?

Yes

It would be interesting to analyse the data of Non-Friday games win% compared to Friday nights.

Yes

It would be interesting to analyse the data of Non-Friday games win% compared to Friday nights.

The leg up the bongos get is amazing.

One town team, best draw, largest off book sponsors

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nr...rringah-sea-eagles/1x9bn8rhs1kjo1oors7tfzb8ci

As good as Manly's win over Brisbane was, there is still no doubt in management's mind that the decision to sack Geoff Toovey is the right one.

Asked if the win had changed thinking at Brookvale, director Peter Peters told Sky Sports Radio: "No, not at all. That side should be in the finals every year.

"The fact we've won 10 games from out last 26 is just not good enough."

It would be a brave man to tip against the Sea Eagles making the eight from here – and they'll do some damage if they get there.
------------------------------
Wonder who told the players that 2V didn't offer Gifty a contract - which Penn keeps telling us is the key factor which derailed us. We continually get told this caused 2V to lose the players leading to his demise. Interesting that Lyon says this claim of 2V losing the players is just not true.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nr...rringah-sea-eagles/1x9bn8rhs1kjo1oors7tfzb8ci

As good as Manly's win over Brisbane was, there is still no doubt in management's mind that the decision to sack Geoff Toovey is the right one.

Asked if the win had changed thinking at Brookvale, director Peter Peters told Sky Sports Radio: "No, not at all. That side should be in the finals every year.:wondering:

"The fact we've won 10 games from out last 26 is just not good enough."

It would be a brave man to tip against the Sea Eagles making the eight from here – and they'll do some damage if they get there.
------------------------------
Wonder who told the players that 2V didn't offer Gifty a contract - which Penn keeps telling us is the key factor which derailed us. We continually get told this caused 2V to lose the players leading to his demise. Interesting that Lyon says this claim of 2V losing the players is just not true.

But - Manly were in the Finals every year of 2v's tenure. :think:

As the decision to sack 2v was made in October, by Penn's own admission, they can not hold the subsequent season's results against him :mad:

We are still cheering 2v on to another finals stint in 2015 :clap:

Wonder what tooves' winning % is against supercoach Bennett?

Tooves is 4-2 against Bennett.

Lost the first game 32-6 in Newcastle. Won the next three 42-20 (Brookie), 32-0 (Brookie), 15-14 (Brookie). Then came the 44-10 loss in Brisbane this year and Saturday night's 44-14 win in Gosford.

In total, Tooves coached Manly has scored 149-124 against Bennett coached Newcastle/Brisbane.

Last edited:

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8