GAME DAY - Manly v Bulldogs [Round 1, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Anyone know the attendance tonight. Didn't look like a bad turnout.

At least Brookie looked great tonight.

From Joe G on twitter:
Screen Shot 2016-03-04 at 10.06.02 pm.png

We did win the second half 6-4, not that it meant much when we were down 0-22 at half time.

And I found the answer to my own question. Attendance was 16,512

Good to see Will I Am continues his long standing record.

In fact if he gets picked next week ( possible if Skivvy is gone for a month), and for the next 3 games after that he could really be up for a record to be proud of.

About 15 games and not a win!!

Last edited:
I didn't think Green was that bad, certainly no worse than Brown. Leary still looks more likely than both of them though. Kapow trying for too many big don't argues, just tuck it under the wing and drive those legs son. Myles, I don't know, how do you get SOO effort out of him at club level ? Lussick and Vave had a chance to impress tonight as there wasn't a high bar set by others. They both tripped on approach. Jake can hold his head up. Parcell has a nice crisp pass, which is better than Api's pick up and look around. We looked slightly better when he was on.

I thought Horhay looked energetic tonight and he did some good grunt work. Made some errors though. Stevie tried hard to lift the team with his runs and defence. Surely he can't get suspended for that hit ? Tommy got involved, but he is no Snake yet is he. Still not our worse. Killer was hardly sighted tonight.

Halves were all over the shop, looked like neither of them knew who was supposed to be running the show. Attack was poor.

Myles reminds me of Paul Sironen. Seems to save his best for rep games. He wasn't bad tonight, but Jake was miles better as a front rower.

To be honest walker doesn't look like a natural ball player or 5/8. Looks way better as a centre and he's a dam good centre. I think matai is too unreliable these days. Wouldn't surprise me if by half way thru the season walker goes to centre to replace Matai to add some speed out wide and fix that edge defence and maybe bring in Johns to 5/8 who is more a natural ball player and kicker. Cant see cherry taking all the play all the time. Dont have the pack to give him plenty of time and space. Seems like he is always trying to create someting with 3 players in his face. Parcell out of dummy half helped

Haha early days we still looked crap in attack but big Kas is hard to stop

I'd be happy if we looked that crap. Nothing flash, but they obviously worked to a plan and got the ball over the line. And Reynolds was the best half on the field - and I don't rate Reynolds at all.
Weirdest play for me was Tony Williams sprinting up out of the line to obstruct the defence on one of the tries that was called back. Dessie's always liked to push the obstruction rules but that was way outside the box…

Bring back Toovey.
Maybe we can have Toovs assisting Barrett, who has absolutely no idea on what it takes.

I'm lost.

What did you think of Matai's tackle? I didn't think there was much in it especially with Tolman slipping, Taupau's shoulder charge was plain stupid, a non event but wouldn't be surprised to see him given a charge.
Matai, shouldn't get suspended for that - it was hardly high and Tolman slipped into it. Kapow's effort was just stupid and came from frustration. He'll cop a week or two - simple garden variety shoulder charge, hard to see how he can even try to argue it.

I'll give the squad time.

I've said a few times mistakes right on tackle 1 coming off our line killed us. Cold dropped balls are just a sign of nerves or that you're trying too hard. That's an easy fix. DCE's kicking errors ditto. The combos will come. No team with new combos that's chasing and trying too hard is going to play well. Don't get in the hole, don't have that issue.

I thought we looked fitter. Back end of the first half after doing a lot more defending we were making easy yards only to drop it. Same in the second but the mistakes killed us. Williame just should not play. He is the prototypical good NSW Cup player who is terrible in the top grade. Give Goodall or Lavaka a run (maybe Lavaka). We have options so tinker around the fringe.

Ferris has done his job but Barrett and Seibold too just got a big wake up call.

Ww looked to have gone backwards. I can't believe it.

How can a team which have apparently bought so well go so far backwards ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8