GAME DAY - Manly v Dragons [Round 4,2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's a rubbish situation with both Foz and DCE. From their earning potential it doesn't matter how they perform this year because they're guaranteed to get their millions at their new clubs, with ideas of guiding them to a premiership.
They've already been there, done that at Manly.
DCE seems to be putting in on the field for us.
Foz? Yet to be seen for a while.
If you're a player set to earn millions at a new club do you try to preserve yourself and remain injury free by not putting in so you can be the saviour everyone expects you to be?
I truly hate this situation in the Nrl.
Manly need to absolutely smash the dragons to pieces and then I'll be a little bit happy with footy again.

I'm with nicci. Would love the boys to smash the Dragons. Need a big win to get some momentum going and us talking about footy.

Foz is on a hiding to nothing

Play well and people will rightly ask where that form was last year...do not play well and we all know how that will go

Well last year on the Sunday Footy Show (below, my post Aug 24, 2014) he said he was feeling a bit war weary......then puts on a New Zealand jersey and became Wolverine (if you know what I mean).
Based on this he should be plenty rested and in good shape for Saturday night's game.

Foz said he/they were a bit battered and bruised after Friday night.

He said they had been 'up' through the year and consistent but probably just a little bit flat at the moment which could be physical in the bodies or mentally a bit tired.

Foz said they just have to stick at it and get some momentum going into the finals and the biggest area of concern at the moment is their completion rates in the last few games at 60% not being good enough.

Last edited:
Still no BJ. His back injury might keep him out for more time than originally thought.

I hope Foz comes back strong. Regardless that he's signed for Parra-doesn't-matta from next year.....he's still a Manly player in 2015. Same for DCE.

After hearing Joey say in last weeks pre-game on Nein that Killer had done his groin in last weeks Captain's Run I thought he'd be out for a few weeks. He's been named so hopefully it was just a strain and Tooves took the early season precaution of resting him.

But, will his groin mean he won't take the kicks at goal? If not does it fall to DCE and/or Skivy again?

Hopefully we can win our first game in Wollongong since 2003.

• 25 Mar 2015
  • Manly Daily
  • Jon Geddes
Rivalry all relative for Samoa stars

SENE-LEFAO PREPARES TO FACE COUSIN
SEA Eagles forward Jesse Sene-Lefao met the Samoan cousin he never knew he had during the Four Nations tournament at the end of last year.

Now they will go head to head when Leeson Ah Mau plays for the Dragons in Saturday night’s game against Manly at WIN Stadium.

While in camp with the Samoan squad, the forwards discovered their families came from the same village of Lalomauga, which is 90 minutes away from the Samoan capital Apia.

“I told my old man, he told his old man, and apparently they were next-door neighbours, so that was how we found out,” Sene-Lefao said.

While the pair are not blood relatives, in the Samoan culture they are regarded as family because they come from the same village.

“It was good to actually meet him for the first time,” Sene-Lefao said

They have gone on to become mates, but that friendship will be put aside for 80 minutes in Wollongong on Saturday night.

“He is front row now so I will be battling against him,” Sene-Lefao said.

Asked if he was going to try and smash his cousin, the Manly forward replied with a laugh: “I’m going to try and get him. I won’t use the word smash. It will be good - I can’t wait.”

Sene-Lefao was born in New Zealand but he has a strong spiritual connection with Lalomauga.

“When I first went there they were still living in open homes,” Sene-Lefao said. “It was an eye-opening experience and I really felt for them.

“I made it a goal of mine to try and help and make a difference.”

He and his father saved money, through extra weekend work, to build a more conventional home with walls and an indoor toilet for his grandmother. That was completed two years ago.

“It’s just trying to give the best life that she can have before she goes,” he said.

getimage.aspx
getimage.aspx

“Man, I was so happy to see how well and how happy my grandma was.”

We will win this game no question.

The dragons are a joke. Sneaking home against canberra does not equal form.

Manly will win by 13+

“When I first went there they were still living in open homes,” Sene-Lefao said. “It was an eye-opening experience and I really felt for them.

“I made it a goal of mine to try and help and make a difference.”

He and his father saved money, through extra weekend work, to build a more conventional home with walls and an indoor toilet for his grandmother. That was completed two years ago.

“It’s just trying to give the best life that she can have before she goes,” he said.

“Man, I was so happy to see how well and how happy my grandma was.”

Now that's doing what's best for your family!!

A win will see us 2/4 to start the season, with all the S H I T to start the season that would not be too bad.

Dont care who is on the field as long as they care & play hard....Get used to the halves playing & being a massive part of any chance Manly has to be competitive in 2015 - ppl keep forgetting its not 2016 yet.

G
Dont care who is on the field as long as they care & play hard....Get used to the halves playing & being a massive part of any chance Manly has to be competitive in 2015 - ppl keep forgetting its not 2016 yet.

Good point BUT the question needs to be asked " can they do the same???"

G

Good point BUT the question needs to be asked " can they do the same???"

Hoping so mate - though still unhappy how all this played out - just want to see the boys show some dignity & repay the team who made them who they are - really think besides Souths/Roosters/Penrith we are as good a chance as any...& if these halves focus & commit, Manly can challenge anyone.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4