GAME DAY - Manly v Eels [Round 24, 2015] Toovey Farewell Tour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Slime jumped the gun all day. They got back 10 most times but were a good 2 metres offside by the time the ball had been played.
The refs are a joke and by making them not acountable to anyone they are influencing the games and ultimately the premiership. The NRL is becoming a corrupt game now.

Parra were rarely back to 10 and yet Cummins kept running up before the play the ball as though he was trying to put them on onside or make it look like they weren't really offside.

It was as if the parra players were setting the 10 metres not Cummins.

The parra players were yards offside at one scrum when the ball was slow to come out and they had already run up yet no penalty.

Arthur has copied the storm play book of constantly being offside every ruck as he and Belamy he knows that the refs will not constantly blow penalties so they get away with it

Foran must be salvating at the prospect of playing with those losers for the next 4 years. Other than Radradra they have nothing in their backline

We were hopeless and they were not much better yet they only just beat us by 4 points.

Foran must be salvating at the prospect of playing with those losers for the next 4 years. Other than Radradra they have nothing in their backline

We were hopeless and they were not much better yet they only just beat us by 4 points.
That's why he headhunted Hass :p

The refs are a joke and by making them not acountable to anyone they are influencing the games and ultimately the premiership. The NRL is becoming a corrupt game now.

Parra were rarely back to 10 and yet Cummins kept running up before the play the ball as though he was trying to put them on onside or make it look like they weren't really offside.

It was as if the parra players were setting the 10 metres not Cummins.

The parra players were yards offside at one scrum when the ball was slow to come out and they had already run up yet no penalty.

Arthur has copied the storm play book of constantly being offside every ruck as he and Belamy he knows that the refs will not constantly blow penalties so they get away with it
The scrum feed to Parra, after they knocked the ball back into 2 Parra Players and then Killer - was the pits :banghead:

Really, so you don't think it's up to the coach to get the team "up" for the game? You know, like Hasler got the dogs up and has done every season at this time of the season.

The utterly mindless defence of Toovey as a coach is just sad. Toovey is a club legend, a great bloke and an all time hero of mine, but he isn't a first grade quality coach.

I Think the coach has to got to get his players ready for the game but i was also saying it's up to the individual player to be up for the game as well .Sometimes players need to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and have a go at times it didnt appear they were up for it
Whether you think Toov's is a first grade coach or not

The scrum feed to Parra, after they knocked the ball back into 2 Parra Players and then Killer - was the pits :banghead:

Was that the one when Killer was blowing up about the ball not coming off Peta Hiku? The replay clearly showed it came off the Speels player, yet they still got the scrum feed.

On the tv you could hear Killer going off his dial about it to the ref.

I Think the coach has to got to get his players ready for the game but i was also saying it's up to the individual player to be up for the game as well .Sometimes players need to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and have a go at times it didnt appear they were up for it
Whether you think Toov's is a first grade coach or not
I'm sure we all thought that 2V would motivate the team at half time. But we were probably worse for the next 10 minutes, conceding the softest of tries for Doesn'tmatta to go 10 points up.
How can you explain it?

Was that the one when Killer was blowing up about the ball not coming off Peta Hiku? The replay clearly showed it came off the Speels player, yet they still got the scrum feed.

On the tv you could hear Killer going off his dial about it to the ref.
Yes, Gus also went off but as the Ref had already called for a scrum, we was screwed :banghead::swear:

Yes, Gus also went off but as the Ref had already called for a scrum, we was screwed :banghead::swear:

Hiku did touch it, but thats completely irrespective. We did not deserve to win and were beaten by a better side. Half their squad is busted, the other half is dead, and with our finals hopes on the line our million dollar man went awol.

Barrett can't fix this rabble, and unfortunetley for Ballin it looks as though the club will get its wish of screwing him out of his most recent deal as the bloke looks like he is going to retire.

Hiku did touch it, but thats completely irrespective. We did not deserve to win and were beaten by a better side. Half their squad is busted, the other half is dead, and with our finals hopes on the line our million dollar man went awol.

Barrett can't fix this rabble, and unfortunetley for Ballin it looks as though the club will get its wish of screwing him out of his most recent deal as the bloke looks like he is going to retire.
No Hiku did not touch it, the video replays confirmed that the Parra Player knocked it into his mate who knocked it into Killer - who had no one in front of him but the tryline.:cool:

Chez is on 500k till 1st November - blaming him for maximizing his income is ridiculous @:cool:
Joker could have signed him for 700k in October - master negotiator in charge now @:smirk:

Huh, I think not...I tabled why I believe our strategy / game plan is flawed.

1. Our wingers are targeted with the long ball consistently.
2. Our post hit metres are far too low.
3. Our ruck defense is atrocious
4. Our metres gained are poor (and I don't think that's quality / it's technique)
5. Our bench management is poor
6. Our team selections seem strange to me
7. Our defensive line is too stationary
8. Our dummy half attacking game leaves a fair bit to be desired
9. Our back up plans (Hooker injured / kicker injured) are non existent.

etc etc etc.

That's game plan and attitude. No box about it. Rex is entitled to his opinion, and put it across fairly well.

Imbeciles like @Wombat Legacy with "You carry on like a little sissy bitch ha ha :)))", or people disagreeing, and not debating why are the one's that I feel are in their boxes, incapable of having a robust discussion.
1) wingers have to adjust their position according to the guy inside. If the winger is left with a 2 on 1 situation he's going to get burned all day. Tooves should be coaching instant-cloning, so the winger can split and defend properly. Obviously Tooves's fault.

2) post hit meters... Yeah we are missing quite a few front line forwards, but Tooves should definitely teach our guys the Inglis' patented "push and step 2 meters" cheat.. I err mean "technique"

3) can't really argue that, aside from the fact that we don't push the envelope with the pink idiots so we look slow in the middle, but get pinged for holding down. Result is fast play the ball and poor ruck defense.

4) read "3" backwards..

5) this is true, but this dates back to De$$ie and his methodology. Tooves should look into it imho.

6) team selection has been limited by injury and second tier cap rules.

7) read 3/4. It also lacks the intensity of games a few weeks back.

8) MB hasn't had a great year... But Hodges is just not good enough. Period.

9) back up plans... Carrying hodges on the bench is useless. I'm surprised that potato hasn't done more kicking in Killers' absence.. Strangely enough both DCE and Matai used to be first choice kickers..

All on Tooves this I agree 100%

I'm sure we all thought that 2V would motivate the team at half time. But we were probably worse for the next 10 minutes, conceding the softest of tries for Doesn'tmatta to go 10 points up.
How can you explain it?
I'm not sure how to explain it, it just seemed to me that the effort wasn't there if it was a player thing or Toov's but it was lesser in the first 10 mins of 2nd 1/2 and that's where the game was probably lost

I'm not sure how to explain it, it just seemed to me that the effort wasn't there if it was a player thing or Toov's but it was lesser in the first 10 mins of 2nd 1/2 and that's where the game was probably lost

That try they scored then really stifled any come back.

And the " off the post" kick was the potential game changer !

We had chances but muffed them all...
Story of the season..
Friday we have a chance to get some respect back - If they are up for it - I will be cheering as loudly as I can & this Sunday will be archived in the not to revisit file (which is a bit bloated this season).

Forwards win matches and Parra dominated in the forwards

1 Tepai Moeroa 152 metres
2 Darcy Lussick 131 metres
3 Manu Ma'u 105 metres
4 . Daniel Alvaro 102 metres
5 Jake Trbojevic 100 metres
6 Feleti Mateo 99 metres
7 David Gower 92 metres

yeah ! bounce of the ball we score and there'd be no doom and gloom just the great escape. You get sh*t games sometimes and we had one yesterday. I loved seeing the old boys walk around the ground to 'boys are back in town' - saw Mr Eadie cuddling a fan for a photo and was chuffed to see so many of the Manly greats loving the place they have been a part of.

Forwards win matches and Parra dominated in the forwards

1 Tepai Moeroa 152 metres
2 Darcy Lussick 131 metres
3 Manu Ma'u 105 metres
4 . Daniel Alvaro 102 metres
5 Jake Trbojevic 100 metres
6 Feleti Mateo 99 metres
7 David Gower 92 metres

Tells the story when we only have 2 of the top 7 for the game, and they were at numbers 5 and 6.

Lussick is a good sign though. And I don't recall him giving away many penalties on Sunday either.

Last edited:
You like a robust discussion until someone disagrees with you infantile. I enjoyed discussing Manly's year with some of its ex legends, and not one of them sunk the boot into our players personal integrity as you regularly do gnome. See ya :)

Well, at least you didn't meet any of them behind the toilets for a knuckle? Truly, our education system is letting us down - your the perfect example of an adult, with the conversation and literacy skills of a seven year old.

Even then, kids these days wouldn't be so basic as to call an adult from one to another - a "gnome". Quick, check your back pocket...you might find that insult in the 80's.

Be better. Jeez...In fact, I actually apologise if there IS something wrong with you, and you are challenged?? Maybe I'm giving you more credit than you deserve?

Tells the story when we only have 2 of the top 7 for the game, and they were at numbers 5 and 6.

Lussick is a good sign though. And I don't recall him giving away many penalties on Sunday either.

Those two big Polynesian boppers killed us all day long, they were the real difference in the forward battle.

Mate, we need an Aiden Tolman type. No nonsense, gives you 120+ metres every game. How have our forwards become so soft? On paper, they look amazing !!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11