LiveBlog GAME DAY - Manly v Penrith Round 10, 2015 [1292332]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Much of our success this season will depend on these boys stepping up for us, most weeks:
Symonds, Burgess, Horo, Mateo & Starling.
We need good hard runs, safe ball handling, very few mistakes, and solid wrap-up tackles from 'em, and the rest will fall into place.
Was going to head down for this game, but Mon nights are just too hard to get to after work (from Newie).
Come on Manly boys, need a good win here, starting with good, intense focus right from the first few sets.
Let's shut the 'Riff down and beat 'em by a few tries.
Go Manly!

No excuses this week really
We have the bye next week so they rest after this weekend
Nothing but 100% effort required this weekend
Manly by 8

How do you figure that?

12pm is 12 noon, so the offer would run from midday through to 1 minute before midnight......
It seems like HM has corrected it now. When I first read HMs post it was to go from 12pm to 11.59am. Well at least I think that's what I read or maybe I'm going mad!

The injury list that Manly posted on Facebook a day or two ago didn't have Tom T down as injured anymore.

So I am wondering if there might be a slight re shuffle come Monday night?

I would just let him fully recover as we don't need to rush him back since our back line is healthy, although they may wish to push Lyon into 6

The injury list that Manly posted on Facebook a day or two ago didn't have Tom T down as injured anymore.

So I am wondering if there might be a slight re shuffle come Monday night?

I would just let him fully recover as we don't need to rush him back since our back line is healthy, although they may wish to push Lyon into 6
Yeah , I dunno - I'd like to see the backline with Lyon & Matai in the centres. Whoever played 5/8 against the Knights did a good enough job, and Jorge looked good too - so keep Tommy T out for the time being or let him have a run in NYC to get up to speed. Good problem to have though...

It seems like HM has corrected it now. When I first read HMs post it was to go from 12pm to 11.59am. Well at least I think that's what I read or maybe I'm going mad!
I never changed the time - so fill us in on your secret time machine :p

Its on sale now folks, just $10 to cheer Manly onto #3InARow :clap:

Yeah , I dunno - I'd like to see the backline with Lyon & Matai in the centres. Whoever played 5/8 against the Knights did a good enough job, and Jorge looked good too - so keep Tommy T out for the time being or let him have a run in NYC to get up to speed. Good problem to have though...

I agree, I do like Hiku in the centre's though down the track.

And if they want to squeeze Tom T in that would mean Lyon to 6.

If they do go that way I cant argue with having that much quality on the field at the same time, although I would give him time to work back into it as well.

That's a cheap night at the footy, just a pity I'll be fishing on the Barcoo by then !!
Bet you'll be warmer and more comfortable than sitting on the hill on a cold Monday night!
I hate Monday night football, as I'm sure all clubs and players do. It's only that I love Manly - and the grit they have shown in their last two matches - that I'll be braving the elements.

Yes, the Dad was crying wearing his Manly beanie - so sad :angel:
Someone has offered them house for 3 months and they will somehow go on @:cry:

Steve Matai praises the efforts of Sea Eagles pack
  • JON GEDDES
  • MANLY DAILY
  • MAY 15, 2015 12:58PM

SEA Eagles stalwart Steve Matai has praised the performances of the team’s maligned forwards after the side started the fight to get off the bottom of the table by winning their past two NRL games.

The pack came in for criticism from the start of this season after the losses of stalwarts Anthony Watmough and Glenn Stewart, with suggestions they wouldn’t have the firepower to match it with the competition heavyweights.

But those underrated forwards have now made a real statement without the big names of a lot of their rivals.

“A few of the young boys have really stood up — (Blake) Leary had a really strong game on the weekend and I thought Ligi (Sao) played really well,” Matai said.

story-fngr8iii-1227356290329

“I think if our forwards keep doing the work, our edges will be dangerous.”

The Sea Eagles will be strengthened for Monday’s game against Penrith at Brookvale with Matai’s return following a one-match suspension.

And the game can’t come quick enough for the fearsome centre.

“I’m pretty bad when I watch games, I get too anxious and sometimes I have to head into the change room and watch it,” Matai said.:D “I think our defence was a lot better, our energy was good.

“Those losses we had, we had lapses in defence. I think we fixed that up and hopefully we can carry it into next week.”

I know we have a few out, so do they, but this will be a fair test of where we are at after the " turnaround".

The Panfers were really really good v the Donkeys last weekend , and almost won against the side running 1st, so this is a lot tougher game than many are predicting.

Manly by 8, but could easily be the other way.

I don't know if I'm being optimistic or not but I just threw $100 on Manly13+ at 3.75 for a 375 return.
Just have a feeling Manly are going to put on a clinic...

I don't know if I'm being optimistic or not but I just threw $100 on Manly13+ at 3.75 for a 375 return.
Just have a feeling Manly are going to put on a clinic...

Putting your money where your mouth is, I like it. You've just inspired me to do the same maybe!

Bargain price. I'd certainly be there if I could. There'll be some cheap pre-match entertainment if Jamie Soward does one of his post kick-off mental breakdowns where he walks around ranting and foaming at the mouth. I had a giggle at this before the panthers/donkeys last week.@:D
Hunt that crazy panther down Manly Men.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4