LiveBlog GAME DAY - Manly v Rabbitohs Rd 16, 2015 [1295890]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The problem was that Cecchin ruled it was a no try because of a forward pass but incorrectly sent it upstairs for confirmation. Huge, huge mistake. Video refs cannot rule on forward passes - even if they go ten metres forward. Because everything else was legit, and a video ref verdict was requested by Cecchin, a try had to be awarded.
oh he knew exactly what he was doing the little ****!.

It touched the ground could've been called a knock on
Simply not true. It could have been called a knock on only if it fell out of his hands. It was a deliberate pass, not a fumble. That is indisputable. So a knock on ruling was never an option.

don't know why the clown just didn't call the obvious 2 forward passes the one to the winger was worse then the on the winger threw back inside

The forward pass-a-thon actually started about 10 minutes in last night with a pass from Foran to Mateo that would have made an NFL quarterback proud. The problem was that it just went on from there.....from both teams.....and the refs did nothing to stop it.

Question. If video refs cannot rule on a forward pass, then how can they rule that a pass was not forward and overturn the ref's no try ruling...??!!

Question. If video refs cannot rule on a forward pass, then how can they rule that a pass was not forward and overturn the ref's no try ruling...??!!
The biggest problem with the video ref system is the blurring of responsibilities.

Who is responsible for these stuff ups? The ref? The video ref? Both? Neither?

I didn't want to dwell on this but it's eating me up. Checcin seen it as a knock on/forward pass but sent it upstairs to make sure it didn't come off Manly.

Checcin said,"I've got a no try can you have a look how the ball came out?"

The video ref takes one look at the grounding and gives a try.

Absolute clear miscommunication that possibly cost us the game. Got no idea why the video ref looked at the grounding it wasn't what Checcin asked for. You'd think there'd be more communication between the ref and video ref over a crucial decision.

I'd love to say we got Checcined again but he was being cautious and sent it up in good faith. Stephen Clarke and Luke Patten are to blame here.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7