GAME DAY - Manly v Raiders [Round 23, 2015] Toovey Farewell Tour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Well I didn't want the run to end this week and it didn't. It'll end at some point just not today and that a good thing.

Gee you lot are harsh judges:

Canberra are one of the best attacking team in the NRL.
We have Mason (NRL) and Jake T on the sidelines.
Canberra are playing for their lives.
Away from home.

Just look at how past teams have done this year at Canberras home ground.

Tigers - by just 2
Sharks - by just 1
Knights - lost by 14
Cowboys - by just 1
Broncos by 12 (but I think they are running 1st)
Bullbogs by just 7
Titans lost by 40
Storm by just 4
Dragons by just 2
Warriors by 12

What did you guys expect?, A 20-point Manly win?

NYEagle
I'm not referring to just this game but including this game it is way too easy to bend and penetrate our defensive line. We are scrambling and gutsing it out but if we are going with the mentality of "this is all our forward pack is capable of" may as well not make the 8 unless we are playing against the weaker packs in the 8.

Your comparing them to an international pack. I think they are doing the best they can, they are holding their own out there against much more fancied packs like Souths last week, enough so that the backs can do their stuff - which is still easily the best backline in the comp
Not comparing them to an international pack at all, they are hanging back all too often and happy to just contain.
Unless we develop good slowing down techniques we are no chance, even then containment like defences like Melbourne are showing in this day a lack of size and aggression is not being overcome by the wrestle as much as the past that is why they are slipping back.

I cant see how anyone can whinge about today. We have been playing out of our skins for weeks and today it didn't gel. We STILL WON. This team are winning and people still whinge and moan.
Well done boys, you did what you had to do and won. For me that will do this week.

I cant see how anyone can whinge about today. We have been playing out of our skins for weeks and today it didn't gel. We STILL WON. This team are winning and people still whinge and moan.
Well done boys, you did what you had to do and won. For me that will do this week.
My thoughts exactly. We were a touch off, they got alllll the 50/50's (heck they got 60/40's, 70/30's, 80/20's and some of the 90/10 calls!!) yet the team hung_in until they nosed back in front. Foran was absolutely deplorable for most of the game, DCE was a bit off at times and Feliti had the odd shocker, as did Snake.. But we won!

Last year we did the same thing against the Riff, and it was the beginning of the end: I don't get that feel this year..

CMgvwo5UsAADX0G.jpg

Manly Fans outside the Stadium :rofl:

I don't know why my daughter just called me, she's been at the game and can't talk after screaming at the boys all afternoon just like me here, silence both ends lol, we are ridiculous.
I don't know why my daughter just called me, she's been at the game and can't talk after screaming at the boys all afternoon just like me here, silence both ends lol, we are ridiculous.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-16-17-05-16.png
    Screenshot_2015-08-16-17-05-16.png
    697.3 KB · Views: 24

Staff online

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12