GAME DAY - Manly v Raiders [Round 23, 2015] Toovey Farewell Tour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
We didn't have a whole lot go our way with some average calls and Jake etc, but looks like we finally got a bit of luck! Apparently he was in front of the initial play the ball.

@AndrewVossy: Confirmation Brett Stewart was offside in matchwinning try for @SeaEagles v @RaidersCanberra .Cannot be run on side. @FOXNRL

If Manly got a lucky call Canberra got plenty. The penalty on halftime was rubbish. The shoulder charge penalty on Tafua was rubbish. One of their tries certainly looked forward.
Snake was fine. I've cleared him.;) Vossy just grasping at straws to take gloss off the win.
Ricky Stuart is hilarious in his press conference.:lipssealed:
They got gifted two tries by Snake and Chez too. Our errors not their skill. Jamie could have bagged another too.
Manly were the better team on the field and found a way to win.:clap:

Still can't believe that Snake getting pulled off the ball by a Canberra in a play that resulted in a try was let go.

Channel 10 even referred to it as a "brain explosion"

What. The. F*ck?? Do news reporters even Football? Idiots.

He was but he did get behind the play the ball as the play went on which gets hi back in an onside position. Freeze frame 3:30 on the highlights and Stewart is behind Matai by a least 1m.
People forget how fast Snake still is..

Just having a listen to Tooves and Killer in the post match presser. Tooves is definitely more relaxed now that he knows what's doing with his current job.
The pressure is off Toovey, now he and the team can pull down the pants of the Penns and their hangers on.

The words of the immortal Joe Kelly, this decision is based on the fact that the team is 1-6 in results and in the weeks to follow there has been no improvement, well MR KELLY, I make that 9-5 win loss ratio and that is a rather substantial improvement in my book! What a daft call he made!

The pressure is off Toovey, now he and the team can pull down the pants of the Penns and their hangers on.

The words of the immortal Joe Kelly, this decision is based on the fact that the team is 1-6 in results and in the weeks to follow there has been no improvement, well MR KELLY, I make that 9-5 win loss ratio and that is a rather substantial improvement in my book! What a daft call he made!
"In a results based industry, coming from last place to win the premiership is NOT an acceptable outcome. We want nothing less than 26 rounds of 40-0 wins that reflect on the great history of this great club that I bought, and Geoff has failed to deliver this. In summary, I paid $8 million dollars and will do whatever the fark I want" - Scott Penn

Snake was offside at the final play the ball but that doesn't matter once his team mates run past him with the ball. Media going silly saying Raiders were robbed.

raiders played like grubs today like their spineless coach.
Makes me sick to think 2V is sacked when this guy is earning 700k plus for winning more spoons than any other coach in the comp.
There's got to be an investigation!!!

Still not a fan of his beautiful low down tackling style as it does not slow the play the ball enough on a consistent basis unless we tackle in numbers with good technique containers.

The NRL in the past hinted at allowing second leg pulls for low down defenders to enable enough time for the defender to get into marker but hardly ever apply it or it is so inconsistently applied not worth the risk.

Foran did just that today and got penalised, if they want less concussions instead of overly banning every shoulder charge why not promote more latitude and reward copy book low dominant tackles to reduced the need for higher ball and all tackles.
That low tackling style is what stopped Souths dead in their tracks last week. It halts the momentum and if you want to get "technical" then watch the other players that came in over the top and slow the play-the-ball down while Jake gets back into the defensive line to do it all again.

What comes around goes around, The media blowing up about the winning try, music to my ears, they know we are a chance now and expect a campaign to try and derail us. as the saying goes, "Guess what? Manly hates you too!!"

That low tackling style is what stopped Souths dead in their tracks last week. It halts the momentum and if you want to get "technical" then watch the other players that came in over the top and slow the play-the-ball down while Jake gets back into the defensive line to do it all again.
We really missed Jake around the ruck, they got a roll on and we struggled to cope. It was a gutsy win considering what went against us.

Now we're equal 8th the media honeymoon will b over. Starting tomorrow it will be all about reminding the team and fans how Manly is supposedly full of feuding and departing players ready to implode at the first sign of failure.

Now we're equal 8th the media honeymoon will b over. Starting tomorrow it will be all about reminding the team and fans how Manly is supposedly full of feuding and departing players ready to implode at the first sign of failure.
I can just picture Zorba shuffling his deck of "how to f*ck Manly over" playing cards whilst painfully typing an email to Rothfool..

Still can't believe that Snake getting pulled off the ball by a Canberra in a play that resulted in a try was let go.

Excuse my ignorance but I'd love to know why Snake gets tackled without the ball, stopping him from picking it up and leading to Canberra scoring their last try, is not a penalty? Isn't that illegal?

Excuse my ignorance but I'd love to know why Snake gets tackled without the ball, stopping him from picking it up and leading to Canberra scoring their last try, is not a penalty? Isn't that illegal?
A picture speaketh a thousand words my friend ;)
image.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10