GAME DAY - Manly v Raiders [Round 23, 2015] Toovey Farewell Tour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Funny , I said in my post above " today's game ", turned on Foxtel at 1.30pm for the pre game show only to discover today was Saturday not Sunday!!

Such is life when you are retired, the day's become meaningless !!

And no I DON'T have Dementia.......yet!!
I hate weekends... Where I live, the hardware stores all close at midday.

There is a top 8 spot up for grabs this weekend. We need to steamroll the raiders.

Big intensity. Hopefully BJ can carry on from Mason and play with some aggression.

Very nervous about tomorrow
Think the 1st 20 - 30 minutes is crucial we have to keep with raiders they are strong starters.

They key tomorrow is going to be to limit the errors and don't give away easy field posession.

I think this one will go to the wire... if we are off slightly then raiders will be in this
Manly by 8

Funny , I said in my post above " today's game ", turned on Foxtel at 1.30pm for the pre game show only to discover today was Saturday not Sunday!!

Such is life when you are retired, the day's become meaningless !!

And no I DON'T have Dementia.......yet!!
Retirement is bliss, I can do a great many things now, I can jump in my motorhome and wizz off to parts unknown and I can spend hours pouring over silvertails to catch up on the input of all the wonderful contributors here, I'll take another 20 years of this.

I feel channeling some rockin Rod Stewart.

Cause
Today's the day
It's gonna be ok
cause I love the team
Ain't nobody gonna stop us now.

Artistic arsetistic asstistic licence to say whatever I want

Manly by 16/30 . To much at stake it's going to be one of them try scoring extravaganzas led by none other than Mr j Lyon. Wait and see.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/kieran-foran-is-in-a-happy-place-at-manly-and-going-from-strength-to-strength/story-fni3gnk1-1227485106811

Kieran Foran is in a happy place at Manly and going from strength to strength

August 15, 2015 9:00pm
JAMES HOOPERThe Sunday Telegraph

v1

From the day the Penn family completed a $6 million takeover of the Sea Eagles last October, Toovey’s position as head coach was called into question.

Foran told The Sunday Telegraph with Manly now clear about the direction of the club, the Sea Eagles were focused on maintaining the club’s unexpected roll towards the finals.

“With all the distractions going on throughout the year it’s hard not to think that didn’t play a part in how we were going,” Foran said.

“The first half of the year it felt like there was no momentum. It felt like the harder we tried the worse it got.

“There were stages where we were all standing there behind the tryline wondering what the hell was going on.

“In hindsight now I think we were lacking confidence and momentum after so many losses.

“Then all of a sudden we’ve had a few wins and we start believing we are still that side and we are capable of beating the top sides and it’s just rolled on from there.

“In the back of our minds we’re probably all thinking it would be great to scrape into the finals and then try and give it a really good nudge.

“We feel like we’ve been thereabouts all year and now we’ve finally been able to click into gear. But we’re not looking past Canberra. They’ll be pumped up after a loss last weekend so we know we need to be prepared.”

Since round 16, Manly have won five out of six matches, with their sole loss coming against the table-topping North Queensland Cowboys.

It’s a brilliant turnaround considering they lost six of their opening seven games amid the circus of the Daly Cherry-Evans backflip and Foran’s announcement about joining Parramatta next season.

On a personal note, Foran has taken his game to a new level over the course of the Sea Eagles resurgence after finally overcoming three consecutive hamstring strains to start the season.

“I was really down and disappointed because I wanted to finish my final year at Manly on a high note after the club had given me so much,” Foran said.

“I feel like I’m now finally getting some strength through my legs. I’m not too sure whether I’ve picked up a yard of speed but I certainly feel stronger and feel like I’m able to bust tackles again and punch through the line.

“I just wasn’t feeling that in the first half of the year with the hamstrings and the injuries.”

If the Sea Eagles can beat Canberra today, Foran is guaranteed to be in the headlines again this week with the club due to host Parramatta at Brookvale Oval next Saturday.

The rest of the competition is on notice. The Sea Eagles are on a roll.

We have done amazingly without Sao, and he has chosen to turn his back on us.

Lets play people that want to be here.

I also hope Tom Trbojevic is in the team.

Ridiculous that Mason isn't playing. NRL are an embarrassment.

Todd Greenturd is a falacy and disgrace.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4