GAME DAY - Manly v Rorters [Round 25, 2015] Toovey Farewell Tour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nr...jackman-goof-toovey/2ve6qyyucoxf1iagp2hqo6nd6

Wolverine has heart broken by Sea Eagles
August 27, 2015 9:53am
By Jack McAnespie

Australian Hollywood superstar Hugh Jackman has revealed his heartache over the sacking of Manly legend Geoff Toovey from his post at the helm of the Sea Eagles.
The die-hard Manly fan spoke to Sydney's Triple M Grill Team on Thursday morning, and announced that he was unhappy with the treatment of Toovey by the Sea Eagles over the course of the season.

“He’s what I love about sport that seems to be disappearing,” Jackman said.

“He’s loyal… he’s been there for what is it 28 years, he’s been at the club? He’s given his heart and soul.

"I don’t know the ins and outs, I don’t know the future plan - I’m sure these guys have a plan down the track.

“He’s one of those guys as a player and a coach, he’s left it all - everything on the field.”

Grill Team host Matthew Johns acknowledged that the treatment of Toovey may not have been fair considering his service to the club over nearly three decades.

“No one’s given more to the Manly club than Geoff Toovey, his courage,” Johns said.

hugh-jackman_15klkayuo395x198abha761jbf.jpg

The star of the Wolverine movies, Jackman continued by saying that it was heartbreaking to see his club self-implode despite the fact they will probably just miss the finals in 2015.

“It sort of breaks my heart to know he’s given everything but hey, I don’t know the plan, and I’ll still be there to support him… I do feel for him,” Jackman said.

“It’s really hard to watch someone who’s literally given every single ounce of their heart and soul to something.

“I’ll be there cheering him on Friday night.”

I'll have a crack at whinging.
Why pick the same players who let us down so miserably last match - when you have very capable alternatives?
I can only assume 2V has given up, and we are pinning our hopes on winning the NSW Cup!
Tooves WOULD NEVER GIVE UP!!!! EVER!!!

Win, lose or draw I think tomorrow night will be very emotional for the players and many of the fans. I really hope Tooves goes around with the team at the end. He deserves a heartfelt send off-can't wait to shake his hand after the game. Class human being :)

Come on boys
If you have any pride in that jersey, any self respect you will put in a completely different performance than last Sunday which was atrocious.

If you need anymore motivation all you have to do is look at your coach and realise what he has done for this club and he deserves to be sent off the right way.

If we do somehow win I hope 2V's walks around because I want to shake the man's hand and tell him how much we have as fans have appreciated all he has done.

Do you need anymore motivation than that, fire up manly. Oh you could still play finals as well but you blew that chance last week , you now have to rely on other teams results.

From NRL.com

manlyeastsback5attack.jpg

Wow! They are smashing us in all the key attacking stats apart from tries scored. Just goes to show how good our backline is at finishing. There's no way that we should be within 4 tries of their backline when they have nearly 20 more line breaks, nearly double the offloads and nearly double the tackle breaks.

Wow! They are smashing us in all the key attacking stats apart from tries scored. Just goes to show how good our backline is at finishing. There's no way that we should be within 4 tries of their backline when they have nearly 20 more line breaks, nearly double the offloads and nearly double the tackle breaks.
Forwards lay the platform for the backs to do their stuff and the Roosters have the dominating forwards that assists their backline

I want to be optimistic about this game, but Easts are playing for the minor premiership and even depleted they are a better side than we are. The players had EVERYTHING to play for last weekend yet turned up limp as an old man after a prostrate removal operation.

Chooks by plenty. @:(

Lot of factors in play tonight

Emotion
Respect
Desire
Desperation
Bad record of the opposition at Brooky.
Key players out ( both sides).
Final home game
Likely huge crowd
The farewell's

I no longer think it's Rorters by plenty , this ones a toss of the coin and could be an absolute rip snorter.

I'm laying my nuts on the line and saying Eagles by 8

7:54 am and I have pre-match nerves. 25 five to six year-olds will distract me from this during school hours, then they'll be back.
Win lose or draw Manly, fight tooth and nail. Show that Brookvale is the home of the Mighty Manly spirit.
Play like your coach did boys.
Go Manly!

We flogged souths and Broncos then a hiccup last week it's hard to stay up there all the time .We still have class all over the park and are the envy of most sides . Manly 13 +.

A lot more errors as well so they are probably pushing thing a lot more

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7