GAME DAY - Manly v Sharks [Round 17, 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don't understand why 16,000 at Belmore is considered a marketing achievement of epic proportions, yet when we get 15,000 on a day like today in God's country, all we hear about is how we need to playing at major stadiums, because Brookvale doesn't cut it. Just got home and yes the facilities are 1970's at best, but no place else I would rather be on a Sunday afternoon.
Kidding right? Belmore was Monday night football we had Sunday arvo

Kidding right? Belmore was Monday night football we had Sunday arvo
No not at all. We're coming last ! Yes last ! and can still put on a day like today. Belmore had a once off, so let's get there feel about it. What would you have preferred ? Today's game at the football stadium or ANZ. Better still, let's go to Lavington (Albury) or Gosford !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So basically tooves cannot get it right.

He needs to go because he doesn't play Hodges then when he plays Hodges thats another sign he needs to go.

FMD i would hate to be in the trenches with you guys
Hodges was jittery when he first went on but improved as the game went on. I said before the game he needs to be there for a few weeks to develop combos. I'll have Hodges in the side every day of the week ahead of Hasson.

So basically tooves cannot get it right.

He needs to go because he doesn't play Hodges then when he plays Hodges thats another sign he needs to go.

FMD i would hate to be in the trenches with you guys

A bit like Cheyse Blair
End of last season there was outcry for him to be in the side every week, after 2 rounds this season was marked never to be picked again

Hodges was jittery when he first went on but improved as the game went on. I said before the game he needs to be there for a few weeks to develop combos. I'll have Hodges in the side every day of the week ahead of Hasson.

Absolutely agree. 1 game is not enough time to get combinations and fluency, this has been our biggest problem all year, not once have we had the same 17 on the park 2 weeks in a row - hence no combos especially in attack.

Defence is about attitude, attack is about combos and knowing where your next man will be.

Absolutely agree. 1 game is not enough time to get combinations and fluency, this has been our biggest problem all year, not once have we had the same 17 on the park 2 weeks in a row - hence no combos especially in attack.

Defence is about attitude, attack is about combos and knowing where your next man will be.
Agree. I'm not aware of any injuries from today's game so hopefully we will have the same 17 next week.

It is amazing how some on here are so quick to think the worst of the players (and club)

Yep th
Ligi Sao
12 Runs for 126 metres. Nil missed tackles and 16 made tackles. Good stats from a maligned bench player.
Josh Starling
10 Runs for 114 metres. Nil missed tackles 14 made tackles. Another maligned bench player.

I wouldn't call Luigi Sao maligned. Highly rated by most on here!

It was a decent performance, lots of improvement in the team. I would love to see our halves really control a game especially when we get ahead, we are too loose at times and indisciplined with the ball. We needed that win and now we must do something about our abysmal away form and beat the Titans!

Hodges will be playing next week unless Lawrence is back, even then he still might.
Starling was great, hopefully our team can stay uninjured for a while.
I know they aren't world beaters but the sharks were on a roll, roosters, knights and cowboys in a row, we very easily could have lost today.

Beautiful afternoon and evening. The ground looked a picture and a good crowd made for a great atmosphere. The game itself was a bit frustrating in my view. Manly played well on the whole but the Sharks were poor and those last couple of try's to Fifita were really disappointing.

After waiting to see Hodges get his change for so long, I didn't think he had enough of an impact. His strength is the pick it up and scoot on the back of a quick play the ball. I thought his passing was too slow and he didn't run enough but if he's in the team next week, I hope he can do better.

Anyway, a win's a win and seeing as though it's only our 5th of the year, still pretty happy.

I thought hodges had a poor game. His passing at times was bad and then he gets in the road of our own players, goes himself (pet play) when a try was on out wide, a poor kid on the line when we were attacking again...etc etc.

I was glad to see Ballin come back on.

He may well get another game and I hope he goes better. He's had a couple of chances this year and certainly didn't do himself any favours today.

If Lawrence is right to go, he'll hopefully take his place.

Just had to come back into this thread to make sure we actually won.

I've been reading some other threads and comments and it seems that:

Losing week after week = kinda bad, not good, should do better.

Winning but not by more than 30 points = absolute friggen tragedy!!

Just had to come back into this thread to make sure we actually won.

I've been reading some other threads and comments and it seems that:

Losing week after week = kinda bad, not good, should do better.

Winning but not by more than 30 points = absolute friggen tragedy!!

I resemble those remarks. The F&A might give us the spoon so I still see it as concerning. Screaming for the boys to put them away and watching real chances tossed away is what killed me. But it is a new day and you are right GE, a win is a win.

Did anyone else see 2v mouth the words 'where's matt" on the tv broadcast when hodges first came on? Could it be possible he didn't know about the interchange?
Just a question cause I thought it was clear as day that's what he said.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8