GAME DAY THREAD: Manly Vs Souths [Round 2 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Eagles2nv said:
DCE what were you thinking. That was a poor pass.

I can only think that he is tired.

That's twice in a row he's choked in the last minutes now. Wee bit concerning , granted he's buggered.

Loved our king took on the. Burgess boys at a critical time during the game.
What was the penalty count? Surely we are not that bad.
Thought Jesse played well.Very strong!

Loved our king took on the Burgess boys at a critical time during the game.

castle eagle said:
i hope tooves comments about the inconsistent refereeing tonight

It was a bull**** penalty that won us the game. I know it was a square up but seriously guys.

Jerry1 said:
castle eagle said:

It was a bull**** penalty that won us the game. I know it was a square up but seriously guys.

Doesn't look that BS. Besides there were lots of BS penalties and incidents against us. Karma I guess.

Chip and Chase said:
Thought Lui had a good game tonight and good to see JSL get some minutes, did some good stuff. Thank god souths were as bad as us in the handling department. That's a good win wasn't expecting the 2 points tonight. Even managed to get 10.5 start for a carton

I don't agree, he lost it early and didn't bend the line that much. I would rather have Turbo or Sao from what i saw last year. In saying that he wasn't horrible but looked a few kilos light, when you look at Lawrence, Starling and King you can see a big difference. He is good backup but does not look a top 17 prop to me.

eelcatcher said:
Jerry1 said:
castle eagle said:

Doesn't look that BS. Besides there were lots of BS penalties and incidents against us. Karma I guess.

If the late tackler who fell asleep was a manly man he would have been in the bin for 10 minutes for professional foul as it should have been

Didn't really see enough of Lui to make a complete judgement, what I saw was solid without being overly impressive. His early error was a bit reckless for my liking

Had my landlord here and an agent looking at the place, trying to be cool calm and collected whilst yelling at my iPad haha the dutch just didn't understand my craziness

**** off - I'd have been screaming if that was a penalty against us - you want I have a pop at the refs for questionable decisions well the door swings both ways. No way it was a penalty like a bunch of the ****e ones awarded against us.

eelcatcher said:
Jerry1 said:
castle eagle said:

rusty will give him the old thumbs down now,lol

@fluffy we only saw about 5 mins of São and 1 game from turbo. I thought Lui held his own tonight. Having said that I'd also be happy to see the young guys get a decent game.

I thought sene lefao was fantastic when he came on in the last 15, tackled well and made metres with good footwork at the line, he looks bigger this year too ! Was involved in a great supporting play when he made the break prior to wildly taking a quick tap at the 20, was fantastic to see a forward in support !!

That game winning penalty was called so late by Hayne that you get the feeling the pocket or video referee called it.

I thought it was for the Souths player flopping in on the tackled Foran. If that is what is was then Hayne only penalised it after another official got in his ear.

If Hayne pinged it for the tackler staying on too long then I have no idea what made this one tackle worse than what Souths were getting away with all game.

some penalties tonight make me wonder .....

i didnt think it was a penalty that won us the game , but i also didnt think that 4th tackle penalty that lead to their 2nd try was one either...

gutsy effort & gutsy win !!!!

ps.how does a try get awarded these days when the ball was clearly dropped while playing it ??

Thats how Manly play, in my mind at least every week and thats why I always tip them 13+ :angel:

The hits were clearly heard in the stand, the composure under yet another conflicted set of rulings, the pain threshold withstood - so happy for the Team and 2v :)

We all need 9 days off to recover.
I can't wait to watch the replay!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10