GAME DAY THREAD: Manly Vs Souths [Round 2 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Well the odds were against us tonight and the Mighty Sea Eagles came up trumps. Each individual dug deep and played hard, their incredible teamwork was inspiring to see. I am very, very proud of the boys, what a great win.

.....And the amount of penalties gifted to the wabbits was sickening. We deserved that win, well and truly.

Love Manly forever.......!!!!

Inglis unstoppable . The Souths pack unbeatable . Souths the team to beat .
What a load of Crap Who believes this S##t . LOL LOL LOL LOL

I thought it was a fair penalty if it was for a flop. The tackle had been affected and the second man wasn't trying to do anything but slow down the play the ball.

There was no way it should have been awarded for not getting off the tackled player though. He was there no longer than any other tackle in the game.

Anyway, I'm tipping DCE would have kicked a field goal so same result.

HappilyManly said:
Thats how Manly play, in my mind at least every week and thats why I always tip them 13+ :angel:

The hits were clearly heard in the stand, the composure under yet another conflicted set of rulings, the pain threshold withstood - so happy for the Team and 2v :)

We all need 9 days off to recover.
I can't wait to watch the replay!

How good was it being there HM?!?! I felt we were massively out-numbered by Souffs fans but it didn't matter, I lost my voice with all the yelling I did. What a gusty win!! :) :D :)

simon64 said:
There was no way it should have been awarded for not getting off the tackled player though. He was there no longer than any other tackle in the game
Souths were on the rack. Holding down a player after a team has made a line break is a penalty every day of the week, and can also result in a sin-bin for professional foul. This time the penalty was the right call, can't see why that's in question really.

At the 29 minute mark, Hiku fires a ball, it was intended for Blair, if it hits him instead of Matai grabbing it (Was a face ball) then Blair scores in the corner easy, instead Matia ends up getting the ball stripped

Dan said:
At the 29 minute mark, Hiku fires a ball, it was intended for Blair, if it hits him instead of Matai grabbing it (Was a face ball) then Blair scores in the corner easy, instead Matia ends up getting the ball stripped

and the Ch 9 Inglis disciples waxed lyrical about what a great tackle it was.
Yep, Schmingliss stopped him but someone else ( Walker ?) came in and stripped it ...but ohh, the world's greatest player pulled off a try saver...and Matai lost it...yeah, right.

Fluffy said:
hit the arm clearly

Chip and Chase said:
Has Hayne given every penalty against us ?

dowdz said:
master blaster said:
dowdz said:
F@#k Hayne. What's the penalty count?
7-3 souths

Thanks mb. Thought it was a lot worse than that

master blaster said:
dowdz said:
master blaster said:
dowdz said:
[b]F@#k Hayne. What's the penalty count?
7-3 souths

I think 8-3 now,lol
[/b]
HoldenV8 said:
We got away with a forward pass there. Sterling called it flat. Flat from the angle where he is looking from maybe, for mine it went about a metre forward.

Nice kick by DCE.

Hang on, I must be seeing things. Did Hayne actually give us a penalty?

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Manly score and THE HORRIFIED LOOK On Haynes face

castle eagle said:
souths can do whatever they want!

Daddycool said:
What a relief! At 6 -12 I wasn't sure where the try was going to come from but great footwork by Buhrer and a fine pass to Cherry did the trick.

King could be an X factor this year if he can stay fit. Loved it when he took on Burgess.

I can now enjoy the weekend and continue to smirk at all of those dopey Souths fans with the white rabbit stickers on their cars.

I was actually silly to ask if we could just have one game against the Rabbitoh's that was actually fair- penalty count wise. Apparently it was asking too much of the referees. :mad:

I live next door to a Rabbitoh's supporter, is it being cruel if I show off my Manly training T-Shirt that I'm wearing right this very second after their (Manly's) win against the Rabbitoh's tonight?

The Sam Burgess try that came after Watmough hit the arm, was he (Burgess) offside? The penalty count favoured the Rabbitoh's all night- it's a wonder we were even awarded any tries at all. It was just the same, usual, kind of game we always have against the Rabbitoh's. I didn't expect anything different. Heh, I'd be taken completely by surprise if we ever actually had a fair honest game against them for once. But who am I kidding? I'll be waiting a looonnnggg time for that to even happen, if it ever actually happens.

It was mentioned there was a forward pass from us that we got away with. Aren't we entitled to get away with something if all the other teams do? Well, anyway, we came away with the 2 points in the end.:)

I can now enjoy the weekend and continue to smirk at all of those dopey Souths fans with the white rabbit stickers on their cars.
[/quote]

I was actually silly to ask if we could just have one game against the Rabbitoh's that was actually fair- penalty count wise. Apparently it was asking too much of the referees. :mad:

I live next door to a Rabbitoh's supporter, is it being cruel if I show off my Manly training T-Shirt that I'm wearing right this very second after their (Manly's) win against the Rabbitoh's tonight?

[/quote]

Don't even bother to taunt your neighbour. The fact that they support Souths is enough. By not taunting him/her is a victory in itself as we're conditioned to win and they ummm..... well f%$ 'em.
There's 15 teams of bitches and ONE that's MANLY.

stewartbrett(female supporter) said:
Fluffy said:
hit the arm clearly

Chip and Chase said:
Has Hayne given every penalty against us ?

dowdz said:
master blaster said:
dowdz said:
F@#k Hayne. What's the penalty count?
7-3 souths

master blaster said:
dowdz said:
master blaster said:
dowdz said:
[b]F@#k Hayne. What's the penalty count?
7-3 souths

I think 8-3 now,lol
[/b]
HoldenV8 said:
We got away with a forward pass there. Sterling called it flat. Flat from the angle where he is looking from maybe, for mine it went about a metre forward.

Nice kick by DCE.

Hang on, I must be seeing things. Did Hayne actually give us a penalty?

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Manly score and THE HORRIFIED LOOK On Haynes face

castle eagle said:
souths can do whatever they want!

Daddycool said:
What a relief! At 6 -12 I wasn't sure where the try was going to come from but great footwork by Buhrer and a fine pass to Cherry did the trick.

King could be an X factor this year if he can stay fit. Loved it when he took on Burgess.

The Sam Burgess try that came after Watmough hit the arm, was he (Burgess) offside? The penalty count favoured the Rabbitoh's all night- it's a wonder we were even awarded any tries at all. It was just the same, usual, kind of game we always have against the Rabbitoh's. I didn't expect anything different. Heh, I'd be taken completely by surprise if we ever actually had a fair honest game against them for once. But who am I kidding? I'll be waiting a looonnnggg time for that to even happen, if it ever actually happens.

It was mentioned there was a forward pass from us that we got away with. Aren't we entitled to get away with something if all the other teams do? Well, anyway, we came away with the 2 points in the end.:)

It could be argued that they dropped the ball in the play the ball that lead to their try, yet again 2 weeks in a row.

Not to mention us being denied a very clear 6 again 10 metres out when they kicked it not once but twice

globaleagle said:
In good news, I found the last 10 seconds, so all is well.

Was ther more, or less than 8 seconds cuddling in it?

Just watching the replay on Fox1 now. Ray Warren is a jibberer. He's going on about doing bronze medallions at manly beach (we dont care about that Ray). And his verbal hand-jobbing of Greg Inglis every time he touches the ball is cringe worthy. This old fella needs to be put in a home and kept away from a microphone

Mals said:
HappilyManly said:
Thats how Manly play, in my mind at least every week and thats why I always tip them 13+ :angel:

The hits were clearly heard in the stand, the composure under yet another conflicted set of rulings, the pain threshold withstood - so happy for the Team and 2v :)

We all need 9 days off to recover.
I can't wait to watch the replay!

How good was it being there HM?!?! I felt we were massively out-numbered by Souffs fans but it didn't matter, I lost my voice with all the yelling I did. What a gusty win!! :) :D :)

WELL DONE MATE AND THE OTHERS THAT WENT TO GOSFORD !!!!! MAYBE IT WAS THOSE VOICES THAT GOT US HOME !!!!

WELL DONE CHAMP

StuBoot said:
Dan said:

and the Ch 9 Inglis disciples waxed lyrical about what a great tackle it was.
Yep, Schmingliss stopped him but someone else ( Walker ?) came in and stripped it ...but ohh, the world's greatest player pulled off a try saver...and Matai lost it...yeah, right.

I always want to see my team win , but you have to give credit where is due... not many fullbacks or player would have put that tackle on Matai , and save the try...
Inglis is a GREAT player not only in attack , he saves tries week after week...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8