Game day thread .. US v Souffs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Yeah agreed mate, if we are talking top 17 players. Tuipolotu, Vaega, bully, Sipley we all feature alot this season and I say we will see first grade for Johns, Condon and Gordy a bit as well.
Win is a win given end to season we had.
I would thru Fifita in that group as well

The deserving should be rewarded with top spots other wise team morale will turn into disarray

Burbo does not hit like Jake or has the speed and agility and break tackles like Tom

Burbo so far has proven to be a fair fringe NRL Player and hopefully under the new Coaching team can improve .

Then again if you look at it from another perspective, he's faster and more mobile than Jake and a better defender than Turbo. Depends on how you look at it. He'll make either a good second rower or lock. Lock would be my suggestion and get Jake at prop

Guys – I thought it was a great game and highlighted for me some great coaching and training that’s happening – but I also saw some mental toughness evolving resulting in greater team spirit to dig deep and fight back when you’re down that was something that was missing from Manly for a long time. I could notice it at half time in the shedsas well when Flanno and Dymock were talking to the team and revving them up and Snake looked more involved. - This was Gold.

The young guys were very impressive and the most pleasing thing is that Im confident now that we have some depth and these young guys will keep the current first graders honest.

However at the end of the day it was reserve grade vs reserve grade the real test will come for these guys when they meet 1st grade opposition and then will know who will cut the mustard.

Overall I feel great after that game since most of my friends follow souths (losers) and I’m sure we will put in a big win against the Rorters (my wife’s team) next week

Go MANLY -– Push it up MANLY
Advice from one Golden Greek to another- you need new friends and a new wife...

Then again if you look at it from another perspective, he's faster and more mobile than Jake and a better defender than Turbo. Depends on how you look at it. He'll make either a good second rower or lock. Lock would be my suggestion and get Jake at prop
He is faster than Jake ?
Jake is no benchmark for speed and agility

He is a better defender than the Elite Tom ?
Not from what I have seen

He'll Maybe Make a Good second rower and lock ?
There are other more prominent forwards that cover our back row NRL spots

The Maybe is that Maybe this season he can show a bit more than what we have seen

Hey ,I am as happy as the next bloke about seeing the maroon & white run out again.
Was great getting a sneak peak at some future stars and our reggies having a run against
another reserve grade quality outfit.
Just saying that win is not indicative in any way whatsoever of how our Nrl squad may or may not play.
I cant wait until next week to see the real team perform.
GO MANLY !!

Advice from one Golden Greek to another- you need new friends and a new wife...
I say keep the wife on the bench and put the younger mistress on your run on side

I have always been a believer that competition keeps every one keen

He is faster than Jake ?
Jake is no benchmark for speed and agility
I think the point is he would be a faster & more agile lock than Jake. Other candidates for lock, e.g. Fulton, Bullemore & Lawton (currently unavailable), would also be faster & more agile than Jake.

Hey ,I am as happy as the next bloke about seeing the maroon & white run out again.
Was great getting a sneak peak at some future stars and our reggies having a run against
Just saying that win is not indicative in any way whatsoever of how our Nrl squad may or may not play.
GO MANLY !!
I understand feathered friend

From what I have seen last night our seibold inspired lower grade was more organized and fluent than our NRL side last season .
A sign of good things to come

I think the point is he would be a faster & more agile lock than Jake. Other candidates for lock, e.g. Fulton, Bullemore & Lawton (currently unavailable), would also be faster & more agile than Jake.
That is my point
Jake is no bench mark for speed and agility

GO MANLY !!
how do we know the team will have 1st graders next week?

So you’re telling me that a trial match between two sides made up of mainly reserve graders,isn’t a good guide as to how the First Grade team will perform?
I thought it was a decent hit out but it was reserve grade standard and I’m not quite ready to cast aside a lot of first graders for these guys,just yet.Some on ST’s already have a few ready to be Immortals
I think given there were a few standouts in this game that would have a few first graders looking over their shoulders, a different situation to their time under Hasler, that in itself should spark a better performance methinks 🙂

Yes, and possibly the slowest regular lock in the NRL.
Slow is a liability in defence and offence in any game

No advantage for being slower than your opponent

But you can make up for lack of speed with superior Strength and Skill

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11