Game Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
St Moanas had his usual mixed bag. But, he laid on some tries with kicks behind the line and a deft offload for Choc to score.. Burns played OK apart from the kick out. His defense was good as usual. Scored a try. The Stewart boys played great. Brett must have shaken of his lethargy, or whatever he had in the first two games. Why they let in the Rorters only try is beyond me. To throw that pass with one minute on the clock was truly inspired. (by whom I couldn't tell). Anyway a win, playing well below our best, AGAIN, is OK, I guess.

Choc was easily best on field... just before he scored i said i hope watmough gets a try he deserves one and sure enough over he went.

The halves were poor.. wasn't our best game but got away with it. Alot of work to do.

Jamie Lyon needs to start earning his pay

Snake : Top game. Made enormous metres. great bomb diffusions. (gets my 2 points)
Robbo: Little involvement. Took a knock. Less than average. Disappointing to a degree.
Bell: Just isnt getting enough ball with room to move. Improvement in 1/2s will see him improve also
Lyon: Trying hard. Similar to Bell. Showed why he should be permanent GK, 5/5
Hicks: Very average performance. Both wingers need to do more. Disappointing in my book, esp 5 mistackles. Shave the bloody beard off if thats it.
Burns: Mistakes and a good effort were both there. No doubting his durability & determination.
Monas: Definitely over thinks a play and breaks the momentum down. Big effort as usual though with a mixed grill as his reward.
Willow: Solid. You can see him trying to break the "no attacking ability" tag. Still earning his spot at the moment.
Watmough: Huge effort and best on ground. (Gets my MOM 3 point)
Stewy 2: Once again top work horse effort. Defensively very sound, mobile in attack.
King: Top metres and good overall effort in defence & attack. A few errors creep in when tired or anxious. Made a highly valuable 143 metres (I note Mata has already come on to paint the negatives in other parts of the game, but where is the credit due to King when he performs well???)
Ballin: Another top effort. Already shown enough to forecast as a future #9.
Kite: leading from the front. fantastic offloading. being creative in attack is surprising oppositions. (gets my 1 point)

Halden: Little field time, so nothing much to report.
Rose: Gutsy effort. Defensive problems when facing elsuive oppostion, esp close to line. But still adds good punch off the bench
Hall: Made the most of it when on. Not world beating but solid. No nudie run.
Bryant: Im disappointed with his efforts so far. Its as if he doesnt want to compete against others for a spot.

Positives
a) defence effort is very solid & improved on from previous years, including on our line.
b) our forwards are warming to the task this year which is certainly pleasing (so far) after holding fears
c) team spirit is high and is overcoming a lack of cohesion in attack whilst injuries dictate
d) Stewys are both going to have a great year
e) Higher completion rates and dominant posession for all matches so far
f) trys coming from team members from all over the park including props. everyone having a dig

Areas in need of Coaching
a) need more decoy and set plays in attack
b) marker defence gets lazy as the game wears on
c) long kicking game needs attention

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8