Gee what a shock

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Worst in 40 years? Laughing stock of the competition? Have you folk forgotten 2002/3 so soon? It's two players and thankfully there's a lot of half options off contract at the end of the year plus our system has shown we have no problems generating half talent. Get a grip people.

Exactly Mark - I would most likely take 10 years to crack $1M. These blokes will most likely earn $5M in five years, and still be young enough to work in some other job for another 30 years. It is total BS to say they have to set themselves up now. (Although many of them are dumb enough to blow it all)
Foran will get a job with Daddy at Walmart. Not like he's hard up for cash as it is.

Worst in 40 years? Laughing stock of the competition? Have you folk forgotten 2002/3 so soon? It's two players and thankfully there's a lot of half options off contract at the end of the year plus our system has shown we have no problems generating half talent. Get a grip people.

As a single entity (not including merger) this is our lowest in 40 years. Losing Bozo was shocking at the time but this is every bit as bad as any stage in our history. Yes plenty of halves are on the market because most clubs don't want them. It was always said Manly never lost players they wanted 2 keep (people never approached them mostly) but not any more.

I don't see it as bad as Bozo's leaving - neither player has his impact on winning a game.@:cool:

Its actually a refreshing change to have Players come up to FG and evolve into at least Chez's & Foz's level. @:)

Seeing Gifty all fit and trim now, just proves that some long term Players can become complacent and live off their past glories.:wondering:

We have until June 30 to sort out our ****.

If Kelly & Co announce some reasonable signings (and with a budget of in excess of 2 million dollars its not for lack of cash that they can't) then I'll agree with you.

Up to that point we ARE the laughing stock of the NRL, although I agree it's nothing like 2002-3

As a single entity (not including merger) this is our lowest in 40 years. Losing Bozo was shocking at the time but this is every bit as bad as any stage in our history. Yes plenty of halves are on the market because most clubs don't want them. It was always said Manly never lost players they wanted 2 keep (people never approached them mostly) but not any more.

"It was always said that manly never lost a player they wanted to keep". Agree but those words were spoken during a bygone era.

It's a different beast nowadays mate, I agree with your sentiments and it's sad to think that the notion of loyalty is gone from modern sports in most cases. I think like change in general, we find it difficult to accept sometimes, but eventually it becomes the norm.

I'm a traditionalist at heart and would love to see loyalty over money but it's not the done thing in sport anymore. Highest bidder wins 99.9% of the time. Sad isn't it.

Just watched an interview with Jamie Buhrer, what a champ.

Thoughts on Jamie being a 5/8 with an organising halfback next to him?
Could do worse.

I have enjoyed reading these threads for many years and I have stood back and enjoyed the 70s and 80s with Arkos rose coloured glasses. My heart was torn during the merger years and it is happening again.

These 2 disloyal bastards need to get on their bikes NOW!!!!!
Let them chase the $$$$$$$

Foz is the biggest dog there is - no loyalty: couldn't make his mind up in the last contract, kissing Dessies arse wtf what a joke this guy is : good riddance.
Parra can have him NOW
We seem hell bent on destroying our beloved club through mis management and now it seems we might move Tooves on wtf he bleeds Manly.

I went on the parra site and they are bitching about the likes of pinching their roster for neons lol we can't help it if they want to play for a winning culture

Garts said it better than me here -- I can't blame a prof footballer taking the biggest pay cheque he can get (and when you think of the money the nrl, the merchandisers, and the media etc are making off their broken bodies I think they deserve alot more compared to golfers, tennis players, soccer players etc). Yes these guys like foz and DCE are at the top of the tree and making serious dough, but the average income of an nrl first grader over a 10 yr career is more like your regular person than you'd imagine -- and then they're on the scrapheap. If they've got a bit of a clue they've set themselves up, but let's face it they have not made it to first grade for their brains or maturity. And their job has meant they've had little time to do much else but train and play for about 15 yrs.

And even though he's a miserable sour faced bore, I'm with Wayne bennett about the need for the nrl to sort out a proper transfer window or season or what not. As he said, it seems like it's more about what's going on off the field than on these days.

A few more losses like the one against Parra and the crowds at brookie will dwindle to a few thousand.

The clubs income could take quite a hit to the bottom line this year and little chance of improvement for a few years

A few more losses like the one against Parra and the crowds at brookie will dwindle to a few thousand.

The clubs income could take quite a hit to the bottom line this year and little chance of improvement for a few years

This will be Joe Kelly biggest challenge can he attract a big sponsor after all this crap.

Garts said it better than me here -- I can't blame a prof footballer taking the biggest pay cheque he can get (and when you think of the money the nrl, the merchandisers, and the media etc are making off their broken bodies I think they deserve alot more compared to golfers, tennis players, soccer players etc). Yes these guys like foz and DCE are at the top of the tree and making serious dough, but the average income of an nrl first grader over a 10 yr career is more like your regular person than you'd imagine -- and then they're on the scrapheap. If they've got a bit of a clue they've set themselves up, but let's face it they have not made it to first grade for their brains or maturity. And their job has meant they've had little time to do much else but train and play for about 15 yrs.

And even though he's a miserable sour faced bore, I'm with Wayne bennett about the need for the nrl to sort out a proper transfer window or season or what not. As he said, it seems like it's more about what's going on off the field than on these days.

Average first grade player is over 150K, average Aussie salaray about 60K so only 250%, hardly close. Even if they drap down to a lowly 40K per year they wont reach the average for a long long time.

Many of those who earn more than the average have to spend at least 3 years at tafe or uni and then work their way up over about 10 years.

Sorry but no sympathy if they piss it up against the wall.

If the weather is good tomorrow night it will be telling.

This is the game you'd usually expect a close to sell out, if less than 10,000 turn out a tough year ahead .

The real challenge will be after we have lost 4 or 5 in a row, and that as sad as it sounds is highly likely !!

Actually if we lose 5 in a row we are ****ed, games 4 & 5 are St Merge and Faders.

If they beat us we are well and truly screwed!!

D¢€ and Forex should be moved on immediately. Compare the way these clowns have carried on to the professionalism of Ballin, who squashed the rumours about him leaving straight away. Forex was also one of the people publicly saying Matai should be let go. He lacks professionalism and disrespects the club and fans. It will be great once D¢€ and Forex are gone along with Watmough. The lot of them don't deserve to be in the club. I'd much rather us hang on to great club men like Lyon, Brett, Ballin, Wolfman and our great coach Toovey. So sad that Kite and Gift were let go for this...

Average first grade player is over 150K, average Aussie salaray about 60K so only 250%, hardly close. Even if they drap down to a lowly 40K per year they wont reach the average for a long long time.

Many of those who earn more than the average have to spend at least 3 years at tafe or uni and then work their way up over about 10 years.

Fair enough Fluffy; but an average of 150-160k might not be for 10 yrs-- Anyone have a stat on the average first grade career? I'd guess it's more like 5 years. A cursory google search has some claiming it's as short as around 40 games or 3-4 seasons. At the end of it you could find yourself in re-training mode and looking a bit old already once you are qualified/experienced enough. And living in a bubble from 15-26 or so is a challenge too. I guess I remember what a complete idiot I was in that age range (am proud to say I am not such a complete idiot now, but I am still in there pitching ;-), and so I have trouble being too judgmental on their individual faults and misdemeanours.

Make use of them while they're still here, rotate them through NSW Cup and blood some rookies!!
It's the end of a successful era, let's begin rebuilding for a new successful era as only Manly know how!! :)

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7