Getting one back

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
A lot of rumours around that the Eels are chasing a 6. With French at fullback that would mean Gutho would get shafted out to the wing in another classic Arthur dogging of former Manly players (lets not forget he kicked Chocs corpse under the bus and ran a busted Foran out until he was completely broken - mentally and physically).

So - as Green is only here 2 years and we will need a 6 for 2019, should we look to bring Clinton home? I don't think there are sour grapes as he was released to give him an opportunity elsewhere. Or do the powers that be think, as evidenced by already letting him go, that he's not up for it? I think he's proven he is...

I think he can fill in at number 6 but isnt a long term option. He seems a natural footy player that plays what he sees, has good skills but lacks others. He might learn them but its a gamble. His deft passing games seems good but some of his others not so much

But more telling i just dont see him complimenting cherry. They are too alike and we need someone to steer us around the park

If we have cherry i would love reynolds from the bunnies . They would work well IMO

We have two very talented kids in the wings with Cameron Cullen and Jackson Hastings. I don't see why we would sign another 5/8.

This, plus they will have been in the club system, around the playing group, and as it looking like hastings is going to be a utility this year, he is likely earmarked as 5/8 (unless he becomes the hooker).

Gutho is neither a 5/8 nor a winger.
He's a fullback/centre.

If we brought him home it would be to play one of those two positions.
Tommy is much the same, and Jack Bird for that matter.
At this stage he's doing a great job of being a backline utility but he should be looking for somewhere to be a fullback.
I wouldn't be against he and Tommy fighting for the position. Both are better than our current centres, who are no mugs themselves, so it would only be a positive move.

A backline with Tommy, Gutho and Walker would be up there with anything anyone has.

The defense looked great last week, but let's see how the season progresses as to whether Tommy has it in him to organise the defense or if he's better off in the centres just being a star and looking after himself.
I'd dare say on personality alone that Gutho would be more ruthless as an organiser, but that's not necessarily the reality of it.

I'd prefer we broke Bwad Arfur completely and bought his main man Norman Bates.
Which I wish we did we they bought foran.

Of course we should try, all things being equal. However I think a lot of the love he had for Manly departed his headspace after he was 'Trentozoed.' Or 'Bozented.'

Gutho is neither a 5/8 nor a winger.
He's a fullback/centre.

If we brought him home it would be to play one of those two positions.
Tommy is much the same, and Jack Bird for that matter.
At this stage he's doing a great job of being a backline utility but he should be looking for somewhere to be a fullback.
I wouldn't be against he and Tommy fighting for the position. Both are better than our current centres, who are no mugs themselves, so it would only be a positive move.

A backline with Tommy, Gutho and Walker would be up there with anything anyone has.

The defense looked great last week, but let's see how the season progresses as to whether Tommy has it in him to organise the defense or if he's better off in the centres just being a star and looking after himself.
I'd dare say on personality alone that Gutho would be more ruthless as an organiser, but that's not necessarily the reality of it.
I honestly don't think Gutho is a better Center than Walker or Kelly to be honest! Both our Centers have the potential to become something special! I think what Kelly has shown since he arrived is on par with anything that Gutho showed when he was here! If we were to get him back then what a great battle it would be for back line positions.....i'd include Brad Parker in there also!!!!!
Tommy, Gutho, Walker, Kelly, Parker, Cullen, DCE, Hastings, T Wright.....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8