GF Prize Money

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
mmm
$80 ticket by 80k roughly = 6.4 million - about 30% venue hure - $4million plus TV cash. And the winner gets 400k.
Were does the rest go?

IC needs to provide info about where all this cash goes.
Less admin people pretending to help the game.

Paltry ultimate prize considering the amount the NRL generates in one season, and the fact that the winner of some tennis and golf tournaments get $2-million.

mickyj said:
mmm
$80 ticket by 80k roughly = 6.4 million - about 30% venue hure - $4million plus TV cash. And the winner gets 400k.
Were does the rest go?

IC needs to provide info about where all this cash goes.
Less admin people pretending to help the game.

To the storm is where it goes

I heard it was a Million

I "beleive" the club was 1.4 Million in arrears at the start of September, and read somewhere that with the "Million Dollars prize money and profits from the sales of merchandise in the weeks leading up and the weeks after the GF that the club will breakl about square for the year"

As I say I "read this" so have no inside knowledge or anything

Mark from Brisbane said:
I heard it was a Million

I "beleive" the club was 1.4 Million in arrears at the start of September, and read somewhere that with the "Million Dollars prize money and profits from the sales of merchandise in the weeks leading up and the weeks after the GF that the club will breakl about square for the year"

Close Mark - that article (was it in the Australian??) said over $1M, which was made up of $400k in GF prizemoney, and over $600k in revenue from merchandise sales in the lead up to the GF, and the $$ raised from the GF live site. The article praised the new COO for these initiatives in the lead up to the GF, and rightly so.

Shoe1 said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
I heard it was a Million

Close Mark - that article (was it in the Australian??) said over $1M, which was made up of $400k in GF prizemoney, and over $600k in revenue from merchandise sales in the lead up to the GF, and the $$ raised from the GF live site. The article praised the new COO for these initiatives in the lead up to the GF, and rightly so.

Yes think it was the Australian, I don't normally read that but had lunch in a cafe one day late last week (or early this) and read the article, yes was pretty close

yeah the clubs really do get the raw end of the stick. The prize money should be a lot higher, at least closer to the $1M mark.

I realise the rugby league is one of the poorer professional sports in the world (compared to the likes of Soccer and F1), $1m wouldn''t be stretching its budget.

I agree that the prize money should be a lot more. You will find that alot of sports have poor prize money relative to how much they invest in the sport.

Examples
English premier league prize 14m pounds - In comparison Man utd pay 13m just in rooneys salary

Prize money for spanish la liga - 3m euro - real pay ronaldo 4 times that in base salary.

I realise the soccer clubs make massive revenue from sponsors and support, but if you think of it in terms of just prize money, its pretty poor in most team sports.

When put in perspective: the $400,000 would not even pay for Hoppa Jrn for half a season!
Gee, do ya reckon Parra paid a little over the odds there?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4