GF TV ratings lowest since 08

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
The 2018 final was the lowest TV ratings since the 2008 GF, and 3rd lowest in Sydney viewership since 2001.

I would put it down to the fact that everyone knows there will be no greater modern day GF performance than the 08 Manly side. @;)

That aside, wake up toddles. Stop bending over to the TV networks and fix the game. I know so many people who didn't bother watching this years game because they didnt want to watch 2 salary cap cheats play the final. Also the storm in another grand final puts everyone to sleep.

Start making some tough decisions that don't favour the networks. Stop relying on their dollars and find new ways to fund the game (like getting ppl back through the gate, increased memberships, and better digital rights).

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rug...lowest-in-a-decade/ar-BBNLO1b?ocid=spartandhp

The 2018 final was the lowest TV ratings since the 2008 GF, and 3rd lowest in Sydney viewership since 2001.

I would put it down to the fact that everyone knows there will be no greater modern day GF performance than the 08 Manly side. @;)

That aside, wake up toddles. Stop bending over to the TV networks and fix the game. I know so many people who didn't bother watching this years game because they didnt want to watch 2 salary cap cheats play the final. Also the storm in another grand final puts everyone to sleep.

Start making some tough decisions that don't favour the networks. Stop relying on their dollars and find new ways to fund the game (like getting ppl back through the gate, increased memberships, and better digital rights).

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rug...lowest-in-a-decade/ar-BBNLO1b?ocid=spartandhp
Thought it would be...

08 had the weird time slot of being 1st half in the afternoon, 2nd half in the dark.

After that the nrl/nein went to evening games thinking they would get better ratings.

Mostly that would be true but this year people had had a gut full of the storm and roosters.

Bad for business. Get your dollars on eels v bronco gf for next year. The NRL will ensure the 2 biggest fan bases in the GF next year. They owe it to there partners
I totally agree. I was thinking the same thing. Definitely due for Broncos in the GF again and a popular Sydney team.... wait until the draw comes out. I bet favourable to these two teams.

Hopefully every bad result for the league in the popularity stakes will be a step closer to the end of greenturd and beatnik and the installation of Vlandys or someone who knows how to give us our game back.

Last edited:
Can’t believe that after all look at the massive roosters fan base - you will watch how they fill that brand spanking new billion dollar 60k seat stadium in a couple of years.

All 250 of their hardcore fans must be taking plenty of mates along.

Roosters should be in the grand final again in 2019 but i agree it’ll be with Brisbane or maybe a popular Sydney side like the slime or saints.

Unless the roosters get a few injuries next year, they’ll go deep into 2019...and 2020....2021....2022......@:rolleyes:@:)

Roosters should be in the grand final again in 2019 but i agree it’ll be with Brisbane or maybe a popular Sydney side like the slime or saints.

Unless the roosters get a few injuries next year, they’ll go deep into 2019...and 2020....2021....2022......@:rolleyes:@:)

I’m hoping by 2025 the penny might drop that allowing just 3-4 sides to be successful isn’t good for the game long term.

But then again if its all to do with TV, then they won’t give a ****!!

08 had the weird time slot of being 1st half in the afternoon, 2nd half in the dark.

After that the nrl/nein went to evening games thinking they would get better ratings.

Mostly that would be true but this year people had had a gut full of the storm and roosters.

I still remember Phil Gould in commentary actually praising the fact that the 2008 GF was played mostly in the afternoon because it allowed for better quality of play due to there being less dew on the ground making it slippery. But then Nein in their infinite wisdom (more to the point, pursuit of ratings and money and nothing more) wanted it moved back to the night time slot and the NRL, as always bowing down to their broadcast benefactors, went along with it.

This is skewed due to people using digital platforms to watch the game nowdays :nerd:

Throughout the season, this would be true.

But as part of the current broadcast deal, the only way to watch a live stream of the GF is through 9Now. Fox and Telstra lost the right to broadcast the GF live through streaming options.

So unless people were streaming through 9Now, digital services wouldn't have impacted that greatly.

So 9now aside, this data also excludes group viewings. But unless more people are group watching the final, they happen every year.

The reality is the game has some serious issues, and it shows by the poor ratings.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8