Give Jake the (C)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Most importantly he is about the only bloke who gives a sh**
I think without Jakes presence and the impact of Aloiai and Keppie last night the scoreline would have been even uglier....I'll throw in Schuster too, apart from being a rookie thrown out to the Wolves, 90% of Penrith breaks were on that horrible opposite edge....in fact if Shcu was playing in a fluent energetic team like Penrith or Melbourne, Souths, Roosters playing off the back of some momentume with players pushing up in support, he would be being touted as already a Superstar, I feel sorry for the kid.

Well it’s pretty clear that not one of them looks up to DCE!!

Although in saying that I’m not sure many of them look up to Jake either !!
While I appreciate your opinion I don’t agree. I think you would find many young players both in and out of Manly who look upto Jake. He’s a competitor on the field but an ever better person off it

While I appreciate your opinion I don’t agree. I think you would find many young players both in and out of Manly who look upto Jake. He’s a competitor on the field but an ever better person off it
I would hope so but the vision on Fox at half time and also after a try had been scored showed Jake screaming and most ignoring him SO I wouldn’t be so sure about that!!

Yeah but it was obvious at least half the players weren't taking any notice of Jake.

Talk about leading by example. He is the only guy leaving it out on the field week in week out. He deserves to be captain. I think it might also help Chez focus on his own game more similar to Beaver back in the day.
Jake has already had a go. Kapow would be inspirational and lead by example.

Love Jake but he’s too emotional. Doesn’t deal with referees very well and rightly or wrongly he concedes a lot of penalties.
If he gets the captains job it woukd probably be because there is hardly a single player in the side who is a lock in their position and a certainty to play each week.

To be honest I think on field captaincy is the least of our issues right now but the lack of leadership across the entire club from owner down has been a problem for quite a while.

Des is the gruff disciplinarian - but leadership is not just a matter blindly issuing orders because you can

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8