Glenn Stewart out through injury?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Buhrer is the man. Won't be able to play the same role, but he can fill the spot and give us something different til gift gets back. And to be honest I think it will be good for him and for us.

EagleRock40 said:
He had to have clean out surgery on his knee at some point this season apparently, and he decided now was the best time to get it done. Good decision from both him and our medical staff, 10 weeks and he'll be back after the ANZAC test weekend.

I would have thought the best time was the week after our last game last season. He'd be back running by now. Seems strange to leave it till 4 weeks before the season starts, unless he has aggravated the issue at training.

Masked Eagle said:
Buhrer is the man. Won't be able to play the same role, but he can fill the spot and give us something different til gift gets back. And to be honest I think it will be good for him and for us.

Going on last years RHS attack, I'd expect Ferris will play it more direct than Gift was doing, and Lyon should see a fair bit of space out wide.

He also still has the finger problem from last year so the knee might be to also give his finger more time to heal

He will be nice and fresh for a the 2nd half of the season, I'm expecting Buhrer will really step up and have a big year.

Hamster Huey said:
Masked Eagle said:

Going on last years RHS attack, I'd expect Ferris will play it more direct than Gift was doing, and Lyon should see a fair bit of space out wide.

I'd like to see him roam a bit free'er and become an option runner for both DCE and Foran. Depending on how the opposition play would dictate who he followed more. I think he is vastly under rated as a hole runner, he has good footwork and more importantly seems smart enough to read the play. As really our only forward of that type he has the potential to strike up a great relationship with a ball player and both Foz and DCE are good enough to work with.

Andrew Webster just tweeted, Manly told him on Saturday night that it was just an arthroscope/clean out, so who knows. Hopefully Manly will give us an update?

Fox saying he went for a simple clean out but they found it was much more serious, and now the 8 to 10 weeks may be the best case scenario..

I heard on the radio it is floating cartilage on the knee. My nephew had this about 4 weeks ago and played for the Tigers junior grade on the weekend. Max 10 weeks min 2 weeks.

Masked Eagle said:
Hamster Huey said:
Masked Eagle said:

I'd like to see him roam a bit free'er and become an option runner for both DCE and Foran. Depending on how the opposition play would dictate who he followed more. I think he is vastly under rated as a hole runner, he has good footwork and more importantly seems smart enough to read the play. As really our only forward of that type he has the potential to strike up a great relationship with a ball player and both Foz and DCE are good enough to work with.

Tooves had him running straight towards the back end of 2012. I agree with you ME and I'd like to see a more free running angle runner. He might surprise at lock.

The injury happened at the right end of the season.

Glenn can relax and be back when we need the added experience.
He came back too soon after twisting that leg last year IMO.
I'm hoping that Wolfie is not rushed back to help Killer out either :dodgy:

This gives Buhrer and the newbies a chance to ease into first grade as ball playing forwards.

Killer can take the added responsibility on the RHS, but the RHS wing spot needs someone exceptional. Dane Chisholm maybe ??

RE: Glen Stewart out through injury?

Kiwi Eagle said:
So now we will get the reports of him being the big name and his injury is a cover up ...
Thats what i was waiting for !!!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4