Good early signs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Pittwater Legend

We brought back Geoff Toovey!
It must have been some pre-season because our boys are looking tough and fit enough to handle anyone. We have already seen off two games against heavyweights of the comp and just about all of the tries against us this year have come off kicks because teams can’t find a way to physically bust through our line.

This season so far is feeling a little like 2011 to me. If we stay close to full strength at the business end I think we are a good chance to finish as premiers

Canterbury was the perfect team to meet first up under the new rules. They rarely threatened with the ball and coughed up plenty of possession. They will be in the bottom four teams this season. I even think that Illawarra will beat them next round.
All our players did well tonight in what was an impressive team performance.
Suli impressed me more tonight than I've seen before. I've always doubted that he has the fleet of foot and skill needed to be a class centre, but I'm pleased to be proven wrong.
Levi is also going to be dangerous with the quick play-the-balls, and his passing is exemplary.
I'm still uncertain about Tent. He looked willing and made some inroads but also made a couple of errors. For a bloke of his size I've been hoping he'd have more impact.
Next week will be a real test. It should be a cracker.

I think we need to just clean up our simple footy. We were better in the 2nd half once the nerves were overcome.

Completion rate was too low in 1st half. Possession will be critical next week. Seems the teams that team that gets gassed are in for blow outs.

Very solid defensively, which was great, as Manly will find points against any opposition.
The fast game is definitely advantagous to Manly but there are other teams also to benefit including Eels who will be tough on Saturday.
Personally think it will come down to which team can earn the longer attacking blocks with repeat sets and momentum and most importantly...who can defend them...

Play like that next week and we will be dusted , the Eels looked slick we looked rusty.

BUT

They’ll be better for the run.

Fingers crossed

First half was unpolished. We were better in the second half, started to get better.

We should be better next week.

While I agree the eels were more clinical, both games were against poor opponents and this week we will get a better idea.

Possession will determine this week's winner so discipline will we critical.

First half was unpolished. We were better in the second half, started to get better.

We should be better next week.

While I agree the eels were more clinical, both games were against poor opponents and this week we will get a better idea.

Possession will determine this week's winner so discipline will we critical.

Nailed it , discipline is now THE KEY

A little early to be sure which sides are poor opponents. The Broncos don't strike me as poor, and the Dogs were only beaten by the Eels thanks to one lucky bounce.
For what its worth I thought Manly were as dominant as I can recall us being, and I thought the Eels got the rub of the green with set restarts and that proved crucial in their game.
I agree will be a tough game next week and the Eels have it all to prove, not Manly!

I'm still uncertain about Tent. He looked willing and made some inroads but also made a couple of errors. For a bloke of his size I've been hoping he'd have more impact.
Next week will be a real test. It should be a cracker.

He spilled the ball in his first tackle and that seemed to blow his confidence. Looked like he didn't want to run full belt at the line from then on for fear of losing it again. Someone needs to coach him on how to hold possession through the big impacts. If anything, he looks bigger and stronger than last year ... hopefully Des will get him to realize his potential .

Garrick also seems to have put on a bit more bulk vs last year. He'll need it this weekend against Sivo, he had no answers for Sivo's size last year.

Great to see guys like Walker, Suli, Garrick and Parker playing more to their potential. The improvement in Dylan's game under Des has been phenomenal. If he eventually ends up in the centres again to accommodate Schuster, his improved kicking/passing game will make him a much more complete player in that position.

A little early to be sure which sides are poor opponents. The Broncos don't strike me as poor, and the Dogs were only beaten by the Eels thanks to one lucky bounce.
For what its worth I thought Manly were as dominant as I can recall us being, and I thought the Eels got the rub of the green with set restarts and that proved crucial in their game.
I agree will be a tough game next week and the Eels have it all to prove, not Manly!

Fair point, but I prob wouldn't put dollars on the Titans :)

So, do we keep the same 17 this week?
If everybody is fit the one change I'd make is bringing Jetski into the 17, replacing Duck. I think Jetski is a more versatile player and more dynamic in attack. That's not to diminish Duck's abilities as I rate him a good defensive player.
I'd give Tent another opportunity. Whilst I was a little disappointed with his performance against the Dogs I think he can go to another level and be a real force; he has yet to show that his ability matches the size of his frame, though. If he doesn't grasp the chance then Guaca or Sippers are ready-made replacements.

So, do we keep the same 17 this week?
If everybody is fit the one change I'd make is bringing Jetski into the 17, replacing Duck. I think Jetski is a more versatile player and more dynamic in attack. That's not to diminish Duck's abilities as I rate him a good defensive player.
I'd give Tent another opportunity. Whilst I was a little disappointed with his performance against the Dogs I think he can go to another level and be a real force; he has yet to show that his ability matches the size of his frame, though. If he doesn't grasp the chance then Guaca or Sippers are ready-made replacements.
He has never really shown his size.
So many play and go harder that are no where near his height or weight. Heart and passion are key. Looking the part doesn't always equal the part.

I guess we will see if Des is actually rotating his bench. I suspect it will be horses for courses.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8