Good early signs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Yeah , he looks like he wants the ball and he gets things moving. Went well against chooks as well. He is more munster than cliffy but he makes the defence worry and make decisions
He's almost awkward with the way he holds the ball and seems a bit unsure but a few times last night this unorthodox/awkwardness created space and breaks. I think he's stuttering approach holds defenders off him. What really impressed me was Walker played both sides of the field and wasn't stuck in his leftside corridor. He also had a nice combination when playing 1st receiver to Tommy out the back and he throws a nice crisp pass. He tried a couple silly kicks early in the tackle count but I like that he has the confidence to try it. Sometimes you need an unorthodox approach

Last edited:

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
From last night the two players that didn’t impress me were

Croker, but I know he wasn’t on there very long , I’m so keen to see how Schuster might go and hopefully we will see him sooner rather than later.

Paseka, but as some have said his first game back after some time so perhaps I’m being too harsh.

With GoJetSki still on the sidelines I’d go back to Boyle, but I feel Des will give the big fella a couple of runs before doing that.

Last edited:

manly al

First Grader
Conditions were a bit slippery at least in the i st half so would cut Paseka a bit of slack and considering it was his first gallop for quite some time . Such a big unit with quite good speed , worth persevering with i reckon .Eels are a fairly mobile side and Jet Ski would probably come into calculations but probably at the expense of Waddell . He can also contribute well however so just will have to be a judgement call on the type of game expected .

The Who

Journey Man
From last night the two players that didn’t impress me were

Croker, but I know he wasn’t on there very long , I’m so keen to see his Schuster might go and hopefully we will see him sooner rather than later.

Paseka, but as some have said his first game back after some time so perhaps I’m being too harsh.

With GoJetSki still on the sidelines I’d go back to Boyle, but I feel Des will give them big fella a couple of runs before doing that.
We need Croker (or Cust or Metcalf) to be a replacement halfback when Levi needs a spell. I like Crocker as a utility because he can also play in several backline positions and he is a tough defender.
As for Schuster I can't see him getting a run for the next three rounds at least because we play Eels, Brisbane and Canberra - three very tough sides. Then we play the Sharks who we always seem to beat. He could be tried then at 5/8. He could also be used as a lock. It depends how happy Des is with the combinations.
Whether it is wise to experiment with a winning team is a consideration, but we need the back-up players in our top 30 to have some real football.
I note our last two rounds before the semis are against the Tits and the Worriers. Perhaps that is when Des will try Schuster (injuries permitting)....

LittleSnake

Super Sub
....I'd give Tent another opportunity. Whilst I was a little disappointed with his performance against the Dogs I think he can go to another level and be a real force; he has yet to show that his ability matches the size of his frame, though. If he doesn't grasp the chance then Guaca or Sippers are ready-made replacements.

I was also pretty disappointed to be honest. I was expecting those first year wobbles to be blown out last year but he still has em in him. I'm hoping it's just the return from a long spell and we can finally see the BIG MARN go!

Jacinta Martin

Reserve Grader
I was also pretty disappointed to be honest. I was expecting those first year wobbles to be blown out last year but he still has em in him. I'm hoping it's just the return from a long spell and we can finally see the BIG MARN go!
Granted he was coming back from injury and the turf was slippery, but it was slippery for everyone. This is his 3rd year I think. Didn't he play first grade in 2018?

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Tough crowd. Its a rugby league cliche that props take time to mature and the reason should be no shock, their job is to lead into footy battle and engage in the most full on confrontations. Those who step straight in and excel at an early age are still the exception. Paseka is still a work in progress. It seems like only yesterday some here were slamming Boyle as a total write-off but he's suddenly acknowledged to be a prop of some ability!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13