Gordon Chan Kum Tong

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
True. We just need to get one of our quicker guys like Koula or Saab when he decides to offload.

I would like to think we get to see GCKT on the end of those offloads some time this season. 🤔
Perhaps even against the Dragons in DCEs 300th game next week? That combination could become a real game changer for us.

Last edited:
Unless he really isn't ready - it would be madness not to give him 20-30 minutes off the bench at least in one game this year.
He was ready enough to play trials and did well. Can’t see why he wouldn’t get a run in the next two dead rubbers. Not sure what his form in Reggie’s has been like tho.

Consider the way in which the owners have placed expectations on the coach

Much like Des previously our owners have been firm in their belief that we have a premiership squad (and lets me clear this is not a view I share).

What room is there for experimentation? What room is there for long term thinking?

What is the incentive for the coach to experiment and maybe get an adverse result in two games that we really should win?

Much like Des previously our owners have been firm in their belief that we have a premiership squad (and lets me clear this is not a view I share).

What room is there for experimentation? What room is there for long term thinking?

What is the incentive for the coach to experiment and maybe get an adverse result in two games that we really should win?
The incentive would be this: We ain't going to win a premiership this year. Another year like this one and Seibold won't have a job. May as well see what the fella is like to see whether he can be included in next year's plans. It makes sense to anyone with half a brain to play him as a rotational dummy half.

You would hope that blind Freddy (or Penny) could see that it would be for the purpose of exposing potential 1st Graders in those games. Coz as long as it's clear we won't "win" the spoon, what difference does it really make finishing 10th or 14th? Maybe on paper it doesn't look good but surely as a business person that Penn supposedly is, he would see the longer term benefit of that.

Or am I being too logical??!!

Last edited:
The incentive would be this: We ain't going to win a premiership this year. Another year like this one and Seibold won't have a job. May as well see what the fella is like to see whether he can be included in next year's plans. It makes sense to anyone with half a brain to play him as a rotational dummy half.
I firmly believe that is not the organisation and business we have

To be clear I would have given him a run but I can see why the coach has not

You would hope that blind Freddy (or Penny) could see that it would be for the purpose of exposing potential 1st Graders in those games. Coz as long as it's clear we won't "win" the spoon, what difference does it really make finishing 10th or 14th? Maybe on paper it doesn't look good but surely as a business person that Penn supposedly is, he would see the longer term benefit of that.

Or am I being too logical??!!
Have you meet our owners?

Apparently we are in a premiership window.

aRe we seriously bagging the coach for not playing a bloke whose Reggie form has been average .. ahead of the bloke who is the current players Player of the year?

... Good grief ...
Point out one person who has said he should play ahead of Croker. Not a crazy ask for people to want to see some fresh blood in the squad when we're already down on troops and playing as poorly as we are.. and you can't tell me Arthur is a better interchange option when he (if he doesn't swap with Schuster pre game) will play 10 minutes max at the end of the game while Croker is out there gassed and doing nothing but tackling

And besides that Gordie can't be that far off, he played well in the trials, has been part of the matchday squad a number of times and he's captained a Blacktown team that've been better than they've ever been. Sure his defence could be a concern but so is Croker's attack.. almost like we could rotate them as their strengths complement eachother?

One factor could be how it will look if he plays in the last two and kills it. How do they then explain not doing it when we still had a chance?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8