Gordon Chan Kum Tong

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You seriously need to get a girlfriend .....
Aljamain Sterling Sport GIF by UFC

The last 3 years Manly haven't had a quality hooker and have persistented with Croker since that time. How stupid can recruitment be to not sign someone decent enough to play hooker in that time period? The hooker position is very crucial in the current game and if you don't have someone who can do the job your going to struggle.
A lot of things were circumstantial. There was an expectation that Manase would be available and its not turned out that way.

A lot of things were circumstantial. There was an expectation that Manase would be available and its not turned out that way.
I do get that but why on earth wouldn't you get someone who could do you the job instead of persistenting with Croker when the 9 was so crucial especially when V'landy changed the game.

I agree, he’s not going to be the savior. However, he absolutely needs to be in the 17 as soon as possible. He and Croker can share the #9 and #14 jumpers for the rest of the year. There’s lots of small changes that can be made to improve the situation, this one seems reasonably straightforward.
I agree 100% with this.
Croker would be a good 14 and is a good defensive hooker.
GCKT offers a bit of an x-factor I think we need to explore

Equally considered “ the Messiah “ on here like Weekes , and we know how that ended.

Both are talented kids , but the expectations on here on them are enormous.
I don't think they are messiahs, but they are more talented than some other players regularly selected in the team. Weekes has already made a successful debut at fullback (Rd 25 last year) and Chan Kum Tong is the most talented hooker in our squad since the dual loss of Api & Manase in 2019. I am sure when he has his opportunity, he will make an immediate impact off the bench. Most forum members agree that outside backs (esp. centre) & dummy half are the achilles heel in our team, so it is not surprising that there is a push for young players with potential to be promoted.

I don't think they are messiahs, but they are more talented than some other players regularly selected in the team. Weekes has already made a successful debut at fullback (Rd 25 last year) and Chan Kum Tong is the most talented hooker in our squad since the dual loss of Api & Manase in 2019. I am sure when he has his opportunity, he will make an immediate impact off the bench. Most forum members agree that outside backs (esp. centre) & dummy half are the achilles heel in our team, so it is not surprising that there is a push for young players with potential to be promoted.
That’s not what I’m talking about , I don’t disagree with your view , but for many , he’s the Messiah, just read what they say.

That’s not what I’m talking about , I don’t disagree with your view , but for many , he’s the Messiah, just read what they say.
Yeah, I'm still good with him getting the start and am looking forward to seeing what Gordie can do in 1st Gde but until I see one of them bring Glen Lazarus back to (footy) life and playing in our forward pack, they're still just kids with great potential.

Apparently Nathaniel Roache returns to training this week. So there's that.

What I love about Gordie is his enthusiasm, his talk in getting his ducks in a row, his crisp service, his darts from dummy half ... ie, he's a real 9, not a manufactured one.

Croker seems like a very nice bloke who tackles a lot when his shoulder isn't stuffed.

That mediocracy may be all in your mind ... I don't rate him in the top 5 rakes in the game ... but I rate him in the top 10 ....

If we pay an extra $400k a year I''ll take Grant ....
Hmmm

Well I'd certainly have him behind Grant, Cook, Api, Robson, Mahoney, Brailey, Brailey, JMK, Smith and Verrils.

So I guess he'd be just outside the 10 for me battling it out with the likes of Egan, Starling and Luke.

All just opinions though.

Yeah, I'm still good with him getting the start and am looking forward to seeing what Gordie can do in 1st Gde but until I see one of them bring Glen Lazarus back to (footy) life and playing in our forward pack, they're still just kids with great potential.
Again can’t disagree , but I’m sure you know what I mean.

Much like Weekes was going to revolutionise our halves situation last game , and what happened , the Panthers targeted him ( big time ) and under the pressure he folded ( not alone there of course and in no way was he to blame for too much ).

I love that we’ve got some talented kids , but they need to be brought in slowly and not throw them in the deep end v the top 4 sides who will destroy them.

I just think based on a couple of trial games that most on here think Gordie is the next Harry Grant.

I watched him in the Reggie’s on Saturday , he had some good touches , but stick him in that first grade game and like Weekes he would have been overwhelmed.

He may well be the saviour we are looking for , but I have a feeling he’s a way off yet.

Again can’t disagree , but I’m sure you know what I mean.

Much like Weekes was going to revolutionise our halves situation last game , and what happened , the Panthers targeted him ( big time ) and under the pressure he folded ( not alone there of course and in no way was he to blame for too much ).

I love that we’ve got some talented kids , but they need to be brought in slowly and not throw them in the deep end v the top 4 sides who will destroy them.

I just think based on a couple of trial games that most on here think Gordie is the next Harry Grant.

I watched him in the Reggie’s on Saturday , he had some good touches , but stick him in that first grade game and like Weekes he would have been overwhelmed.

He may well be the saviour we are looking for , but I have a feeling he’s a way off yet.
Yep, I'm with ya.

Equally considered “ the Messiah “ on here like Weekes , and we know how that ended.

Both are talented kids , but the expectations on here on them are enormous.

Very early days with Weekes there, Mark. He's played some good minutes off the bench and in trials. Always maintained that we cant expect champions if they are still in nappies. I recall Peter Sterling in his first full game for the Eels. Played full back and was dreadful. Cant learn unless one makes mistakes. Weekes will learn from that experience. He's still a very talented youngster on the rise. I expect we'll see rocks and diamonds also from Tong in the beginning.

Very early days with Weekes there, Mark. He's played some good minutes off the bench and in trials. Always maintained that we cant expect champions if they are still in nappies. I recall Peter Sterling in his first full game for the Eels. Played full back and was dreadful. Cant learn unless one makes mistakes. Weekes will learn from that experience. He's still a very talented youngster on the rise. I expect we'll see rocks and diamonds also from Tong in the beginning.
Of course , you are 120% correct.

But the Silvertails faithful seem to think they are instant miracle workers.

Which is my point.

And not at all anti the kids , but we need to be patient not throw them in , and then make them the whipping boys when they **** a few things up.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7