Gordon Chan Kum Tong

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Has to be named no matter what next week. It's time to finally give a recognised hooker who's worked very hard a chance.

Has to wait a few more rounds though.
I wasnt to stoked after watching him in reggies a few weeks back.
Can hopefully find it today and take another look.

I've got a sense Croker is playing injured. He rarely misses tackles, yet lately its quite often (26 tackles and 5 misses...very unCroker like.). In fact he and Jake are easily our best defenders and with Jake out and Croker battling, little wonder the defense is shonky
If you look at our first defensive set he cops an arm or shoulder reaction like a burner. He did it game one trying to smash everyone when he got a bit overpumped and it hasnt been good since. I think it was his left arm , it was dangling a lot . He is gutsy, but it must affect his service at times. Unfortunate to get it smashed almost first tackle

we almost scored first, if wasnt for a great reflex leg out from Reece Walsh, off his first little grubber. Turbo was going to score if he threaded the legs. It was on. He is crafty

if he is injury free i would like to see him captain during origin and give him a bigger role to see if it grows without DCE . He might kick more or ball play a little or something if he feels he has more responsibility. I feel as a L plater hooker he is ingrained in the pass which is understandable. Maybe not,but the challenge may help him find something extra, which might establish him as a 9 rather than a fill in

we almost scored first, if wasnt for a great reflex leg out from Reece Walsh, off his first little grubber. Turbo was going to score if he threaded the legs. It was on. He is crafty
Yeah Crokes has a bit to his game but a bit like Jake, we tend to run him into the ground because he doesn't ever stop. If he can't keep going while Jake is out we'll really be in trouble!

I find it intriguing that neither the current nor immediate past coaches have thought bolstering our dummy half stocks was a priority. Maybe because they have such a high opinion of Gordie?

Yeah Crokes has a bit to his game but a bit like Jake, we tend to run him into the ground because he doesn't ever stop. If he can't keep going while Jake is out we'll really be in trouble!

I find it intriguing that neither the current nor immediate past coaches have thought bolstering our dummy half stocks was a priority. Maybe because they have such a high opinion of Gordie?
At least Croker’s errors (generally) come as a result of the effort that he has expended in defence… he may not have the ‘highlight’ reels of some in this team but at least his effort is continually high…

At least Croker’s errors (generally) come as a result of the effort that he has expended in defence… he may not have the ‘highlight’ reels of some in this team but at least his effort is continually high…
That effort makes him one of our most important players. And also ensures he will continue to improve over time. Meanwhile, unfortunately, his errors do hurt us.

I’ve noticed the same thing week in week out and am 100% certain that 9 is the biggest factor in our problems at present. The first 10 minutes in each game just shows how off the pace we are in rucking the ball up field. It happened again today. The Sharks would make 70m and we’d struggle for 30m. We cannot get our forwards up the field effectively. This means the opposition is comfortable and fresh to run hard at us when they have the ball…there’s just no momentum at the ruck whatsoever.

I’ve noticed the same thing week in week out and am 100% certain that 9 is the biggest factor in our problems at present. The first 10 minutes in each game just shows how off the pace we are in rucking the ball up field. It happened again today. The Sharks would make 70m and we’d struggle for 30m. We cannot get our forwards up the field effectively. This means the opposition is comfortable and fresh to run hard at us when they have the ball…there’s just no momentum at the ruck whatsoever.
Agreed. Brailey earnt some six agains as well with his speed.

Body language is big differential when you compare Croker to GCKT.
I wouldn't mind if Croker moved to 5/8, as 9 just isnt his natural position and he isn't very vocal.
Bring in GCKT who is very vocal and will lead and direct the forwards where to go.
He not only brings a hooker's skillset in great passing and decision making, but will inspire and be vocal in motivating the forwards. He will improve the morale of the team. I have no doubt.

I wouldn't mind if Croker moved to 5/8, as 9 just isnt his natural position and he isn't very vocal.
Bring in GCKT who is very vocal and will lead and direct the forwards where to go.
He not only brings a hooker's skillset in great passing and decision making, but will inspire and be vocal in motivating the forwards. He will improve the morale of the team. I have no doubt.

Disagree. Croker never sparked at 5/8 before and his service from hooker is not up to standard. He'd offer the same standard of service at 5/8. His only worth is he's a top defender and he tries hard. Manly needs spark at hooker and 5/8 to set the back line afire. At present they yet again look pedestrian as they did in all but 2021 for the past 6-7 years. Only DCE at present looks a danger in the back line...in fact the whole team.

Agree with everything except ‘great passing’. He will lift morale, provide much needed energy and some nuance around the ruck. I just hope they’ve helped him with his long passing; right to left is wobbly and left to right involves this ‘stutter’ action where he picks the ball up, pauses and then throws a nice pass…just throw the nice pass from the ground and we’ll be sweet!

Disagree. Croker never sparked at 5/8 before and his service from hooker is not up to standard. He'd offer the same standard of service at 5/8. His only worth is he's a top defender and he tries hard. Manly needs spark at hooker and 5/8 to set the back line afire. At present they yet again look pedestrian as they did in all but 2021 for the past 6-7 years. Only DCE at present looks a danger in the back line...in fact the whole team.
Its a fair point. That being said Weekes to 6 ,Schuster to 13 , with Gordy at 9 would be an interesting prospect to say the least. On the subject of centre, I wouldnt mind seeing Garrick tried at centre in place of Parker and have Vaega on the wing.

Agree with everything except ‘great passing’. He will lift morale, provide much needed energy and some nuance around the ruck. I just hope they’ve helped him with his long passing; right to left is wobbly and left to right involves this ‘stutter’ action where he picks the ball up, pauses and then throws a nice pass…just throw the nice pass from the ground and we’ll be sweet!
He's a better passer than Croker. That is all but certain.

Its a fair point. That being said Weekes to 6 ,Schuster to 13 , with Gordy at 9 would be an interesting prospect to say the least. On the subject of centre, I wouldnt mind seeing Garrick tried at centre in place of Parker and have Vaega on the wing.

Weekes is a good option. Should have been given more time to develop at 5/8 while Schuster was absent. However Schuster is potentially one of the best five eighths in the game. Just needs to get his body and mind in shape.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6