Gordon Chan Kum Tong

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He's a better passer than Croker. That is all but certain.
I actually don’t think Croker’s pass itself is the problem. He can throw a football. There’s a difference between passing and service.

Croker has no service but a decent pass. He just does everything slowly out of dummy half. Picks the ball up slowly and dishes off to a flat footed forward. He needs to engage markers and bring variation into his passing. Step out of the ruck and bring his forwards onto the ball and get them in behind the markers…or if he is going to throw a long pass, throw it off the ground and do it confidently. Throw a pass that will beat the middle defenders and get his halves over the ad line.

Gordon can do all this.

Body language is big differential when you compare Croker to GCKT.
I wouldn't mind if Croker moved to 5/8, as 9 just isnt his natural position and he isn't very vocal.
Bring in GCKT who is very vocal and will lead and direct the forwards where to go.
He not only brings a hooker's skillset in great passing and decision making, but will inspire and be vocal in motivating the forwards. He will improve the morale of the team. I have no doubt.
The vocal bit is the key for me. Gordon would be that yappy super keen influence we are sorely lacking.

The Jake-less weeks have shown this to be the case.

Get Gordon in to this team ASAP.

We are only 1 win from being in the eight but it feels further away than that.
Dreaming. It won't be happening next week either, with the Raiders running red hot and their home game. Bit hard to see when the next win will be. 'Pride Guernsey' debacle started early this year?

The fact that Gordie wasn't named at 14 this week is bewildering. Are we actually trying to develop our team and invest in our future or not? Seriously it's a joke that we are in our 4th season without a recognised hooker, and finally we have one knocking at the door... this had better be happening soon

Dreaming. It won't be happening next week either, with the Raiders running red hot and their home game. Bit hard to see when the next win will be. 'Pride Guernsey' debacle started early this year?
I think cracks started to appear before pride jersey last year, I remember Buzz saying things started heading north after we let Foz go. I hope whatever it is f**ks off soon though, I’m sick of not being able to stomach my breakfast on a Monday morning after a tough loss

I think cracks started to appear before pride jersey last year, I remember Buzz saying things started heading north after we let Foz go. I hope whatever it is f**ks off soon though, I’m sick of not being able to stomach my breakfast on a Monday morning after a tough loss
Yeah letting foz go was an enormous mistake. He wanted to stay as well.

It’s amazing that Scott Penn was in charge last time as well. It’s interesting that we have made the same mistake twice.

Something must have a few players sooking, given the cliff like drop off from most of the forwards since they played that Melbourne game. Something needs to change, and i don’t know the entire coach staff can get the blame this time round.

Yeah letting foz go was an enormous mistake. He wanted to stay as well.

It’s amazing that Scott Penn was in charge last time as well. It’s interesting that we have made the same mistake twice.

This unfortunately is the same issue as the Glenn Stewart matter. Unfortunately emotions in many of us dictate reactions where favourites of the game have to be let go to allow the next generation to develop and replace them. Relationships develop and resentments result when you're best mate gets the flick. Happens all the time, we just dont realise it. We dont live forever and unfortunately players reach a used by date. OK when its park football to over look deficiencies and ignore potentially good replacements, but Rugby League is now a business and there is big money involved. Feelings will be hurt, memories of better times retained, but change is the norm. Stars rise and fall but loved memories remain and its only natural that we dont want the inevitable.

I actually don’t think Croker’s pass itself is the problem. He can throw a football. There’s a difference between passing and service.

Croker has no service but a decent pass. He just does everything slowly out of dummy half. Picks the ball up slowly and dishes off to a flat footed forward. He needs to engage markers and bring variation into his passing. Step out of the ruck and bring his forwards onto the ball and get them in behind the markers…or if he is going to throw a long pass, throw it off the ground and do it confidently. Throw a pass that will beat the middle defenders and get his halves over the ad line.

Gordon can do all this.
Your exactly right, Croker can pass, he "was" a rep 5/8 in the juniors.
There are 2 things he lacks, as you point out perfectly, he can't engage the defence and get his players over the advantage line and secondly he "can't" pass off the ground, which as a 9 is a Must.

GCKT has to play off the bench.

I would start with Croker at 9 and Jake at 13, then after 20 minutes I would move Croker to lock, put Jake in the FR rotation and unleash Gordie

Who says no? (Besides the coaching staff)
It's a interesting idea.

You would be switching to a ball playing and tackling lock but I don't think he'd be doing many hit ups so you would only have two middles doing that instead of three. Would that be enough? Dunno.

GCKT has to play off the bench.

I would start with Croker at 9 and Jake at 13, then after 20 minutes I would move Croker to lock, put Jake in the FR rotation and unleash Gordie

Who says no? (Besides the coaching staff)
ME ... That was the same convoluted crap that Dessie was doing with Walker ... IF Gordon Can Tan Go is our best hooker ... play him there ... we don't need to stuff round with 3 positions to do it .

ME ... That was the same convoluted crap that Dessie was doing with Walker ... IF Gordon Can Tan Go is our best hooker ... play him there ... we don't need to stuff round with 3 positions to do it .
Are we stuffing around with 3 positions? Croker and Jake would still be playing in "the middle"

Are we stuffing around with 3 positions? Croker and Jake would still be playing in "the middle"

IMO yes ... we might call lock a middle ... but for mine the differences between the roles of a good lock and a mungo pig prop ... are chalk and cheese ....

are you saying Croker is our best option to play lock ? ... if not ... why even think about putting him there?

It works well for the Sharks with Brailey (Gordon), Finucane (Jake), and McInnes (Croker).

Regardless, Gordie has to be getting invaluable game time from now, and during the transition, Croker can still be defending our middle and helping out with the dirty work.

Either way, what we're doing now is clearly not working, and hasn't for some time

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8