Gordon Tallis: Rugby Leagues #1 Sook

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
A couple of mates and I were having a quiet drink or 3 with Gordy after a leagues club function up here a few years ago. Plenty of funny stories from Gorden and to my surprise, he listened intently and laughed louder and harder at our yarns more than his own.

Sitting at a table near us was a group of 6 young blokes, one of which was a rather large and thick set bloke of about 30, proudly wearing his souths jersey. As we all started to loosen up a bit, these blokes near us started to get a bit boisterous, and the bloke in the green and red started to throw jibes about how sh1thouse the souths forwards were going and how they needed a NSW forwards coach instead. It all started in good humour and everyone was laughing it off. Just a bunch of blokes on the drink.

Well, this brave large bloke from south of the border mistakenly took Gordy's willingness to brush off his scathing observations with a laugh and a "yeah...good one, mate" as some form of cowardice, and he got a little more aggressive in his put downs as his dimwitted mates encouraged him to "stick it up the old has been".

I considered the entire scene the absolute height of good entertainment and was looking forward to the inevitable blue that was surely going to take place. Sadly it wasn't to be. On his way to the snake house, Gordy with that mad look in his eye stopped at our neighbours table, leaned over in the face of the rabbit supporter and said, "Let me give you a small piece of advice, mate. Pull your head in. Now!".

I've never seen a bunch of blokes disappear up their own clackers so fast. They were gone before he got back from the toilet. Hahaha!

I had one more drink before leaving, shook hands with Gorden, told him it was a pleasure to meet him and that he should put $500 on Manly for the premiership that year. He laughed and said the way his luck had been running he was gladly accepting tips from anywhere and anyone.

I believe he's wrong about DCE, but he's paid for his opinion and he gives it. I don't agree with it at all, but he's entitled to it.

What I will say is that he isn't a bad bloke at all. He's certainly not a moron, he's as everyday as they come. Not in love with himself, not a loudmouth, doesn't have a wandering eye. He just doesn't care what people think of his opinion. I guess that comes from being comfortable in your own skin.
Yeah nah he can get ****ed

Tallis delivers scathing review of Cherry-Evans' Origin performances

Published on May. 18, 2017

Queensland great Gorden Tallis has suggested Manly captain Daly Cherry-Evans’ infamous Gold Coast backflip could cost him future Maroons jumpers.

Cherry-Evans signed a long-term contract with the Titans in 2015 only to renege on the deal and agree to a $10 million contract with the Sea Eagles.

The 28-year-old is one of three players listed by coach Kevin Walters along with Anthony Milford and Michael Morgan as a possible replacement for injured veteran Johnathan Thurston (shoulder) ahead of Origin I.

In a scathing assessment, Tallis accused Cherry-Evans of failing to deliver in any of his six Origin appearances and revealed the Titans saga damaged DCE’s reputation with influential former Queensland greats.

“I know I was annoyed when he backflipped on the Titans,” Tallis told The Late Show With Matty Johns.

“I think a lot of guys like Wally Lewis (were critical about DCE) and if Wally says something about you, well the whole state listens.

“It’s disappointing that he would go that far down the line and it looked like he told lies to the Titans, said he was coming, and all the third party (deals) get done and he backflipped.

“And the way that was handled was really poor, so I know he got a lot of the old blokes off-side.”

Tallis has been equally unimpressed with Cherry-Evans’ previous form at Origin level.

“At that level he has never delivered,” he said.

“In my opinion, Cherry-Evans at Origin, has always failed.

“In the series NSW won (in 2014) Cooper Cronk broke his arm early (in Game 1) and when he came back Queensland won by 30.

“Cherry-Evans had a chance to come on there, and I know that was a shock because he probably had in his brain that he was going to come on and play a bit of hooker, so you can forgive him for Game 1.

“But Game 2 when you’ve had a whole week to prepare he didn’t come up.”
who gives a flying f**k what tallis thinks,i think tallis is a moron.a has been and when playing was a bully,grub.

Hypocrite who abuses his position in the media to advance her personal grudges. Poor DCE he does not deserve the **** that the likes of Tallis dish up to him. DCE is a family man who does not get in trouble and is a tremendous ambassador for the game. Shame! Shame! Shame!. I change channel any time Tallis is on. The difference between DEC and Tallis is that Tallis did a back flip on a New South Wales Club and DCE on a Queensland Club. Gordon please explain why it was okay for you and and not for DCE!!!!

Tallis is really full of it!! This is the same guy who did the dirty on Saints 20 years ago or so and defected to the donkeys. You really need to get the F@# over it mate!!! I think that DCE not going to the gold coke actually did them a favour cause they got Ash Taylor who is developing into a great half. The Titans are backed by the NRL and are will be strong as a result. DCE came through the Manly system and how can you begrudge the club from doing what it takes to sign him after we had also lost our other half at the time.

Move on Gorden, If DCE is not picked for Queensland, so be it. As is should be on form regardless.

Hahaha!

Now...just so I can get my head around this, everyone coming onto this thread and exhibiting the same behaviour as Tallis does (although he is smart enough to get paid for it lol) makes us all really smart and him dumb?

And...for Tallis to hold a grudge against DCE (who I think is the best) is stupider than us holding a grudge against Tallis?

Why doesn't everyone just get over it and move on, just like so many are suggesting he does??

I really hope we are all being hypocritical ourselves here, otherwise there is only one conclusion. We are in the same boat as Tallis, which makes us the exact equal to what we are accusing him of being.

Surely we are smarter, funnier, more thick skinned and in possession of more common sense than to fire up over something as trivial and banal as this story!

We are bigger than this. We are MANLY! Piss ant articles like this should be laughed at and then ignored, because that's how DCE would treat it. Tallis would treat the above comments about him in the same manner.

Here's a way to get your point of view across to a huge audience, not just our little community here.....make up some signs to take to the game this week that support Daly. DON'T make derogatory signs that put Tallis down, because that makes us look petty, unintelligent and sooky. It's much better to scream our support for DCE as Manly fans right now!

To travel to cbus this week to back Manly against the team Daly rejected, holding large signs of support for our captain would be much, much more of a powerful statement to make to Tallis then venting your anger here in the safe confines of our little nest.

So...anyone up for that? I'm sure DCE would appreciate it!!

DCE!!!!

Hahaha!

Now...just so I can get my head around this, everyone coming onto this thread and exhibiting the same behaviour as Tallis does (although he is smart enough to get paid for it lol) makes us all really smart and him dumb?

And...for Tallis to hold a grudge against DCE (who I think is the best) is stupider than us holding a grudge against Tallis?

Why doesn't everyone just get over it and move on, just like so many are suggesting he does??

I really hope we are all being hypocritical ourselves here, otherwise there is only one conclusion. We are in the same boat as Tallis, which makes us the exact equal to what we are accusing him of being.

Surely we are smarter, funnier, more thick skinned and in possession of more common sense than to fire up over something as trivial and banal as this story!

We are bigger than this. We are MANLY! Piss ant articles like this should be laughed at and then ignored, because that's how DCE would treat it. Tallis would treat the above comments about him in the same manner.

Here's a way to get your point of view across to a huge audience, not just our little community here.....make up some signs to take to the game this week that support Daly. DON'T make derogatory signs that put Tallis down, because that makes us look petty, unintelligent and sooky. It's much better to scream our support for DCE as Manly fans right now!

To travel to cbus this week to back Manly against the team Daly rejected, holding large signs of support for our captain would be much, much more of a powerful statement to make to Tallis then venting your anger here in the safe confines of our little nest.

So...anyone up for that? I'm sure DCE would appreciate it!!

DCE!!!!

I agree with you post but when Taills keeps bagging DCE he is the one who keeps bringing it up and we have to stand up to it.

I agree going out to support the boys this weekend is the best support we can do.

Funny thing about tallis he has had off field involvement in 3 clubs he didn't play for because the clubs he did play for his time ended badly and bitterly, and they want nothing of him.
Best remembered for assaulting a young Ben Ross, throwing a lightweight fullback over the sideline and copping a bejeezus of a hiding off a pommy prop.
Just shut up nude nut !!!

I agree with you post but when Taills keeps bagging DCE he is the one who keeps bringing it up and we have to stand up to it.

I agree going out to support the boys this weekend is the best support we can do.

It's really the only way to support DCE/show Tallis we don't care about his opinion.

Tallis gets paid a large amount of money to make these types of statements, particularly at this time of year. The amount of reaction he gets every single time is hysterical!

I bet he giggles when he draws money from the ATM. @:D He doesn't even have to come up with new material.

Hey wait a minute! That pisses me off, Gorden...you a******e!!!

HAHAHA!!

Last edited:
Funny thing about tallis he has had off field involvement in 3 clubs he didn't play for because the clubs he did play for his time ended badly and bitterly, and they want nothing of him.
Best remembered for assaulting a young Ben Ross, throwing a lightweight fullback over the sideline and copping a bejeezus of a hiding off a pommy prop.

Or ; He stood his ground against Wayne Bennett. (UH OH)
; He reacted to Ben Ross' taunt that he was over the hill and that he (Ben) was the new bull.
; He reacted to a sign and sledging that a NSW idiot had the unintelligence to display and virtually tore NSW apart singlehandedly in some might say, a justified rage. lol

I don't recall the Pom.

As for nude nut, well.....we're getting to the bottom of the barrel now, surely.

(Not Shirley) LOL!!!:rofl:

I love Fridays!!!

The so-called Gordon Tallis tackle i.e. illegal throw of a nine-stone wringing wet fullback over the side-line (when his momentum had ceased) remains one of the most over-rated Queensland State of Origin war tales of all time. It was a penalty!!! If he'd been rightly penalised by Bill Harrigan at the time we might not have this current plague of players being pushed backwards towards the goal-line and throwing wingers over side-lines which has effectively made the field too small for modern players. Thanks for the memories and your marvellous legacy Gordon. Every time somebody is pushed illegally (that is every game, every week) over the touch-line I think of you! I suggest we go back to the real meaning of the word "momentum" and have the referees apply it. Then, we might see some more open football and speedy wingers daring to run down the sideline. I am more than happy to provide the NRL with a free dictionary if they can't afford one. I would, of course, offer one to Gordon too, but doubt that he could read it.

Last edited:
HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE!!!!

GO MANLY!!!!!

I'm off to the local for a feed of smoky coconut chicken with wild rice. And a beverage or two!

:happy:

Good story @mozgrame
As for Tallis, he is simply trying to mess with DCE's head before we play, er, who do we play? Oh yeah, the Titans, isn't Tallis paid to be 'the face of' the Titans? (Rhetorical question, yes he is.)
As for DCE, whether it is this year or next year or after guiding Manly to another premiership, he will definitely be back in Queensland's team some time in the future and they will all be cheering for him.

The so-called tackle i.e. illegal throw of a nine-stone wringing wet fullback over the side-line (when his momentum had ceased) remains one of the most over-rated Queensland State of Origin war tales of all time. It was a penalty!!! If he'd been rightly penalised by Bill Harrigan at the time we might not have this current plague of players being pushed backwards towards the goal-line and throwing wingers over side-lines which has effectively made the field too small for modern players. Thanks for the memories and your marvellous legacy Gordon. Every time somebody is pushed illegally (that is every game, every week) over the touch-line I think of you! I suggest we go back to the real meaning of the word "momentum" and have the referees apply it. Then, we might see some m ore open football and speedy wingers daring to run down the sideline again. I am more than happy to provide the NRL with a free dictionary if they can't afford one. I would, of course, offer one to Gordon himself, but doubt that he could read it.

Oh, and by the way leave DCE alone. Your attacks on him are personal and nasty.

trig.gif

Good one @Harvies elbow @:p

I'm off! See ya's !!!!

Good story @mozgrame
As for Tallis, he is simply trying to mess with DCE's head before we play, er, who do we play? Oh yeah, the Titans, isn't Tallis paid to be 'the face of' the Titans? (Rhetorical question, yes he is.)
As for DCE, whether it is this year or next year or after guiding Manly to another premiership, he will definitely be back in Queensland's team some time in the future and they will all be cheering for him.

I can always rely on you to see through the crap SER8. Great post that made sense and didn't need to stoop to Gordy's level.

Have a good weekend, mate!

I really have to go. I can taste that chicken!!

HAHA!

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11