Gould's thoughts on today's game - Good read

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I haven't been able to see a full replay of it, but there is a rumour doing the rounds on social media that the 40/20 came on the 7th tackle.

Can anyone confirm or kill this rumour?

Trent mentioned it in the presser I think as well

You know, regardless of whether it was on the 7th tackle or not, Tom did need to show more urgency there. It shows that despite being a special talent he still has a fair bit to learn. How many times in that situation over the years did we see Snake making sure the ball stayed in play even if it meant batting it back infield in a full stretch dive?

Gus is being kind there. Why didn't we have a plan to disrupt Norman for the entire game? Wasn't it obvious that he was the key to their game plan?

How many other sides won with over 20% of possession less than their opponents

How many other sides one with the number of unforced errors or dropped balls

How many other sides lost the penalty count so convincingly st home

How many other games did that dim wit ref officiate

The only side that came close to playing as bad as us in ball control was the riff and they got touched up

BTW Parra will be a top 8 side and so will we

I took a lot out of our defensive effort , fitness and comradrie

We have played 80 minutes of minimum of 2000 more minutes to go this year

Enjoy the ride & Go manly

I firmly believe we were the better side. The only aspect of the game that we were worse in was ball control, but when you take out the three Beau Scott strips we weren't as bad as it looked even in that department.

I put that game down to bad luck and a bad ref. We were nowhere near as good as we needed to be to win, but there were lots of good signs.

You know, regardless of whether it was on the 7th tackle or not, Tom did need to show more urgency there. It shows that despite being a special talent he still has a fair bit to learn. How many times in that situation over the years did we see Snake making sure the ball stayed in play even if it meant batting it back infield in a full stretch dive?
Tom also needs to get out of the way of our kickers when they are trying to boot it downtown.

I'm going to get smashed by the forum for even suggesting this but I still see Tom as a centre at this stage of his development...you only have to look at Latrell Mitchell to see the possibilities.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10